Summer 2022 Transfer Window

31 minutes ago, Helmet said:

Celtic speaking to Seigrist probably puts and end to that rumour?

The GK situation blew up weeks ago but it's remarkably quiet now- would like to see us bring in good competition for Lewis. 

Will Seigrist want to go somewhere he isn't guaranteed to play? Would be surprised if they bin Hart after a decent enough season last year. 

10 hours ago, thurso said:

I’m not saying McLennan is a good player as I was never his biggest fan and Campbell is a shit one as I actually hoped he make it for at Aberdeen but one of them has 18 caps for Scotland youth levels and one has 7 and none of them were in under 21 level. 

It’s said campbell hasn’t been given a chance but he’s played 70 odd games for the club has has hardly stood out where as Ferguson who is about the same age got in the team straight away took his chance and never looked back. You could say the same for Barron although with a lot less games.
It’s hard for a young player to get a game regularly never mind in the centre of the park but when he does he’s got to grab the chance with both hands and make the manager not leave him out I’m afraid Campbell has never done that. 

Why does it have to be so black or white (good/shite)?

Campbell is a good footballer and I'm not saying that because his old man posts (rarely these days) on here. I suspect that had Campbell been afforded the same development path as Barron and returned here after playing regularly over a sustained period of time then a good amount of people would be waxing lyrical about him like they currently are over Barron. And we'd be in a better place in midfield as a result. 

But I blame McInnes and Campbell for the rot that set into the player. As good as Campbell was considered when he made his debut all those seasons ago, that was a tough midfield for him to get into ahead of the players he had competition with. McInnes should have put him out on loan instead of giving him minutes here and there. Campbell also, it could be argued could maybe have done more with the opportunities given. But when he put in good performances he was out of the team the next game regardless. Now all we're left with a wasted talent and shredded confidence. 

Campbell is useful as a squad player currently, he doesn't have to go anywhere should he not wish to as he's under contract. But if Goodwin says categorically that he's not going to feature then best for all concerned that he moves on and proves the doubters wrong by having a good career.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Helmet said:

Celtic speaking to Seigrist probably puts and end to that rumour?

The GK situation blew up weeks ago but it's remarkably quiet now- would like to see us bring in good competition for Lewis. 

No chance he’s dislodging Hart but Tbf it’s a cushty gig for no.2 and plenty coin. If he doesn’t choose us, then Vladky comes first choice … until he rejects us too ?

10 hours ago, ThomohawkKid said:

I think I was first to question it and I will again you sure your not Red John? He had a strong dislike of Campbell too. Obviously adding to the already discussed fact you post a lot of pish.

He's a troll who isn't worth debating with - just laugh at him. Everything and everyone is shit or not good enough. Best avoiding him in all honesty. 

New Stadium - shit not good/big enough, lack of ambition.

Ramirez - shit, badly managed, managers fault. Shouldn't miss his family etc.

Goodwin - shit not good enough, "liar" doesn't deserve any "slack", not done enough in the transfer window, lazy etc etc.

Campbell - shit not good enough.....

You see the pattern? Also that's all I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure he's also anti Cormack as well.

One of life's negative depressing little trolls who it's best not to engage with in all honesty. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 4
1 hour ago, Helmet said:

Nope.

if you can't read it in context don't bother quoting me please.

It's not a particularly interesting debate and far worse when you just keep trying to twist peoples words.

?? twisting words, all I said was Campbell gets an easier time on here than McLennan when they both probably had as many good games as each other and you turned that round to I thought McLennan was a better player than Campbell.

Now that’s twisting words 

5 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

He's a troll who isn't worth debating with - just laugh at him. Everything and everyone is shit or not good enough. Best avoiding him in all honesty. 

Goodwin - shit not good enough, "liar" doesn't deserve any "slack", not done enough in the transfer window, lazy etc etc.

You see the pattern? Also that's all I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure he's also anti Cormack as well.

One of life's negative depressing little trolls who it's best not to engage with in all honesty. 

You have to wonder why he bothers 'supporting' Aberdeen as all it does is make him miserable. Well it at least comes across that way.

Definitely a glass half empty kind of guy.

• Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

New stadium - location is wrong, we shouldn't be limiting ourselves to 16k. Thats my only issue with it. Other than that i'm all for getting away from Pittodrie ASAP.

Ramirez - Never claimed he was shit, he faded away towards the end of the season but without his goals in the first hald of the season there's a good chance we'd have been in a relegation play-off. Only person who badly managed him was Glass by not buying anyone as cover for him which meant that even when he was off the boil we had no option but to play him. I don't blame Goodwin for that, he was left with no option but to play him. We still don't know whether he'll be back or not. The only potential issue with Goodwin regarding Ramirez is if (as there are rumours of) Ramirez isn't coming back and Goodwin was aware of this at the time when he went back to the US then there is not one reason why he couldn't have said so at the time.

Goodwin - It is what it is, if people's height of ambition for AFC is a manager who's biggest achievement was finishing 3rd with Alloa in League 1 and a couple of bottom 6 finishes with St Mirren then thats fine. Personally i have seen nothing in his past to suggest he will do anything to improve the fortunes at Pittodrie but i genuinely hope i'm proven wrong.

Campbell - Already said he seems like a decent lad and i wish him all the best, but as a footballer he has limited ability. He's had 74 games for Aberdeen, how many times has he stood out? He couldn't even get a game for Kilmarnock in the Championship while on loan. Barron has impressed more in a handful of games over the last couple of months than Campbell has in all his appearances over the past 5 years.

Finally its extremely hypocritical of you in particular calling me a negative depressing little troll. I remember a point when pretty much every single one of your posts was whining and moaning about Glass (even after a win).

• Upvote 1
53 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Why does it have to be so black or white (good/shite)?

Campbell is a good footballer and I'm not saying that because his old man posts (rarely these days) on here. I suspect that had Campbell been afforded the same development path as Barron and returned here after playing regularly over a sustained period of time then a good amount of people would be waxing lyrical about him like they currently are over Barron. And we'd be in a better place in midfield as a result. 

But I blame McInnes and Campbell for the rot that set into the player. As good as Campbell was considered when he made his debut all those seasons ago, that was a tough midfield for him to get into ahead of the players he had competition with. McInnes should have put him out on loan instead of giving him minutes here and there. Campbell also, it could be argued could maybe have done more with the opportunities given. But when he put in good performances he was out of the team the next game regardless. Now all we're left with a wasted talent and shredded confidence. 

Campbell is useful as a squad player currently, he doesn't have to go anywhere should he not wish to as he's under contract. But if Goodwin says categorically that he's not going to feature then best for all concerned that he moves on and proves the doubters wrong by having a good career.

Your right he should of went out on loan but it wasn’t about if I thought he was a good player or not it was about if I thought he got it easier on here. 
I personally believe the start of last season was an ideal chance for him to step up in midfield if that was his favoured position but for what ever reason he didn’t. 

Maybe the one person who is in the know with him on here will come on and explain all if the young lad does leave which I don’t think will be soon, surely Goodwin will take him in to have a look at him in pre season then decide his thoughts on him as he’s not been here while Goodwin has been in charge 

30 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

You have to wonder why he bothers 'supporting' Aberdeen as all it does is make him miserable. Well it at least comes across that way.

Definitely a glass half empty kind of guy.

I've been supporting Aberdeen for almost 40 years, maybe i just want and expect more than some other fans. Maybe i don't want to accept mediocrity. If that makes me glass half empty then fair enough.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Durrant Dived said:

Will Seigrist want to go somewhere he isn't guaranteed to play? Would be surprised if they bin Hart after a decent enough season last year. 

I assume he'd be the no 2. Bain is pish really.

Hard to predict but lots of players happy to take their chances going to a big club when the money on offer is so good.

55 minutes ago, thurso said:

?? twisting words, all I said was Campbell gets an easier time on here than McLennan when they both probably had as many good games as each other and you turned that round to I thought McLennan was a better player than Campbell.

Now that’s twisting words 

There's no hope for you. A real waste of effort taking to you.

35 minutes ago, Helmet said:

I assume he'd be the no 2. Bain is pish really.

Hard to predict but lots of players happy to take their chances going to a big club when the money on offer is so good.

How many times have we seen it over the years. Players leaving clubs like Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs, Dundee United to top up their bank balance while sitting on the bench for Rangers and Celtic.

They deliberately weaken the other teams and then have the nerve to moan about lack of competition.

1 hour ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Goodwin - It is what it is, if people's height of ambition for AFC is a manager who's biggest achievement was finishing 3rd with Alloa in League 1 and a couple of bottom 6 finishes with St Mirren then thats fine. Personally i have seen nothing in his past to suggest he will do anything to improve the fortunes at Pittodrie but i genuinely hope i'm proven wrong.

Apparently Klopp wasn't willing to relocate and Ancelotti was close to signing, but only turned us down when he came into AFC-Chat and read through a few of your posts and thought "fuck that, this lot are negative as fuck". 

What kind of success do you expect a manager to have for us to look at him? Trophies?  Only person that we'd realistically get who's won silverwear recently is Davidson, and his team were almost relegated this season.  Alan fucking Stubs?!  Neil Lennon?!?!  

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Apparently Klopp wasn't willing to relocate and Ancelotti was close to signing, but only turned us down when he came into AFC-Chat and read through a few of your posts and thought "fuck that, this lot are negative as fuck". 

What kind of success do you expect a manager to have for us to look at him? Trophies?  Only person that we'd realistically get who's won silverwear recently is Davidson, and his team were almost relegated this season.  Alan fucking Stubs?!  Neil Lennon?!?!  

Please just stop replying. He’s posted the same crap about 50 times in a month. 

• Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Look overseas, think outside the box. There's bound to be managers who have been reasonably succesful with smaller clubs in Europe that would have fancied the chance .

Goodwin has no better a record and has proven to be no better a manager throughout his career than David Martindale, Callum Davidson, Tam Courts, Graham Alexander or Paul Hartley. Would you have been happy if we'd appointed any of them as manager?

Like i said i genuinely hope he proves me wrong, and i'll be first to hold my hands up and admit it. I want the best for the dons and to see an entertaining and winning team on the park. If he provides that then fair play to him, nothing he's ever done previously suggests he will though.

10 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Please just stop replying. He’s posted the same crap about 50 times in a month. 

I forgot you're not allowed to have a different opinion to the clique on here.

Let me change my opinions... Goodwin is the greatest manager since Ferguson and Dean Campbell the greatest midfielder since Zidane (solely because he's a dons fan from Aberdeen and his dad's a good guy). Happy? I share all you're opinions. Can i join your gang now?

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Look overseas, think outside the box. There's bound to be managers who have been reasonably succesful with smaller clubs in Europe that would have fancied the chance .

Goodwin has no better a record and has proven to be no better a manager throughout his career than David Martindale, Callum Davidson, Tam Courts, Graham Alexander or Paul Hartley. Would you have been happy if we'd appointed any of them as manager?

Like i said i genuinely hope he proves me wrong, and i'll be first to hold my hands up and admit it. I want the best for the dons and to see an entertaining and winning team on the park. If he provides that then fair play to him, nothing he's ever done previously suggests he will though.

Ah the general think outside the box .. You mean like Ebbe Skovdahl? A manager who had won a few trophies at a decent sized club? 

7 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Let me change my opinions... Goodwin is the greatest manager since Ferguson and Dean Campbell the greatest midfielder since Zidane (solely because he's a dons fan from Aberdeen and his dad's a good guy). Happy? I share all you're opinions. Can i join your gang now?

Edgy as fuck, this is your best content.

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, Broken_Glass said:

It's definitely Red John levels of incessant regurgitation of the same stuff. The boy's clearly a nae-righter and one for the ignore function, agreed

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Well no, the issue is you keep saying the same shit. I’m starting to think you are Red John. Very, very similar posting. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, afc_blockhead said:

Ah the general think outside the box .. You mean like Ebbe Skovdahl? A manager who had won a few trophies at a decent sized club? 

Yes, in theory Ebbe should have been a great choice for manager but sometimes things don't work out for one reason or another.

Are you genuinely saying if someone stuck 2 managers in front of you to choose from to be Aberdeen''s manager......

One of whom who had won 4 Danish Championships, 3 Danish Cups, led Brondby to the Quarter Finals of the European Cup and later on qualification for the Champions League. Had a number of notable wins in Europe including beating Liverpool and had also managed Benfica in the Portugese League.

The other had a record that included a 3rd place finish in League 1 with Alloa followed by a subsequent play-off win, then a couple of seasons in the bottom half of the Scottish Premier League.

You would go with the second option?

Just now, zeroisgod76 said:

Yes, in theory Ebbe should have been a great choice for manager but sometimes things don't work out for one reason or another.

Are you genuinely saying if someone stuck 2 managers in front of you to choose from to be Aberdeen''s manager......

One of whom who had won 4 Danish Championships, 3 Danish Cups, led Brondby to the Quarter Finals of the European Cup and later on qualification for the Champions League. Had a number of notable wins in Europe including beating Liverpool and had also managed Benfica in the Portugese League.

The other had a record that included a 3rd place finish in League 1 with Alloa followed by a subsequent play-off win, then a couple of seasons in the bottom half of the Scottish Premier League.

You would go with the second option?

Based on that, you'd have taken Ebbe over Alex Ferguson 

• Haha 2