Summer 2022 Transfer Window

53 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

As Tommy says, if Consi isn't happy let him go.

I don't think the coaching thing is the issue. It's not as if the coaching he's looking to do is with the first team. Well  it shouldn't be.

Not aware of any issues with Hayes doing coaching and playing.

I thought Considine and Hayes were coaching the U15s?

8 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

It is interesting, however, that we get linked with Dunne, a left sided centre half, as talks apparently stall with Considine.

Stephen Robinson binned Dunne out of Motherwell so he’s evidently about to do the same with him at St Mirren.

Squad still has far too many over 30s in it. People are getting too dewy eyed over Considine 

Have you seen the nick of our defence this year? He’s been a huge miss 

• Upvote 3
28 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Good that McGeouch and Ojo are off. 

No compelling reason to keep either. 

Ojo is shite and whilst I like McGeouch he can't run and is rarely fit. 

Both turned 30 and on good money you'd think.  No brainer to release both. 

I totally agree

Just find it (very) strange that those two have been told they're not getting new contracts ahead of Mikey Devlin...

3 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I totally agree

Just find it (very) strange that those two have been told they're not getting new contracts ahead of Mikey Devlin...

Feels like we're waiting for the penny to drop with Devlin himself. I've been suspicious that there might be altruistic reasons that we've hung on to him re any insurance money he might get if he retires whilst attached to a club. 

2 hours ago, NEM said:

Have you seen the nick of our defence this year? He’s been a huge miss 

I think people are forgetting how much of a liability he was in settled teams, there's no guarantee he'd have done any better than Bates, Gallagher or McCrorie this year.

• Upvote 1
46 minutes ago, Sheeptastic said:

"The dream would be to come back and win a trophy and see Union Street packed to the rafters with people coming out to celebrate, because then that's written in history."

A year left on his contract but some interesting quotes from Jack Grimmer here - https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/jack-grimmer-record-breaking-aberdeen-23571657

Now that would be a good move. 

Never understood the animosity that Consi generates in some people. 

He's been a good club servant.  Hardly his fault that McInnes was incapable of signing a decent left back. Made a good career in a position he was fairly unsuited for tbh. 

Time to move on though. We need a young, hungry team.  Hope he gets a youth coaching job with us. 

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, RabidGiraffe said:

One St. Mirren player I'm surprised we haven't been linked with yet is Eamonn Brophy.  He's out of contract in summer.

Joe Shaughnessey too, although he has a year left on his current deal.

Not saying we should sign them, just surprised there haven't been rumours.

Yeah, I did wonder about Brophy - didn't realise he was out of contract. Could see that happening, not as first pick striker, but as an option. He's a bit more mobile than Ramirez and has an aggression about him, good finisher, international recognition and must still be a decent age. Not exactly a prolific scorer, but he has been with Kilmarnock and St Mirren who aren't exactly teams who play attacking football creating many chances. Not a signing i'd be over the moon about, but would be a decent, fairly cheap option as a 2nd / 3rd choice striker.

11 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Yeah, I did wonder about Brophy - didn't realise he was out of contract. Could see that happening, not as first pick striker, but as an option. He's a bit more mobile than Ramirez and has an aggression about him, good finisher, international recognition and must still be a decent age. Not exactly a prolific scorer, but he has been with Kilmarnock and St Mirren who aren't exactly teams who play attacking football creating many chances. Not a signing i'd be over the moon about, but would be a decent, fairly cheap option as a 2nd / 3rd choice striker.

Brophy isn’t good enough.

Hardly scores. Google his record. It’s shite.

And I don’t think he is out of contract? 

5 hours ago, Sheeptastic said:

"The dream would be to come back and win a trophy and see Union Street packed to the rafters with people coming out to celebrate, because then that's written in history."

A year left on his contract but some interesting quotes from Jack Grimmer here - https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/jack-grimmer-record-breaking-aberdeen-23571657

Fuck him burnt his bridges when he left. The prick 

2 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

JET, Lewis, Considine, Ramirez, Ojo, McGeouch, Woods, McLennan and McKenzie can all leave.

Hopefully Gunn and Mowbray have been busy this past 10 months and have identified some good players. Can't remember the last time we had a decent window.

Not disagreeing with your choices but what are you expecting Gunn to do here though?  He's not qualified to identify footballing talent. He's the contracts guy once the talent has been identified in the first place. 

13 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Not disagreeing with your choices but what are you expecting Gunn to do here though?  He's not qualified to identify footballing talent. He's the contracts guy once the talent has been identified in the first place. 

As Director of Football he's meant to be assisting with the identification of new players. Goodwin has made several comments about looking forward to working with Gunn and Mowbray in his bid to source new players.

4 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

As Director of Football he's meant to be assisting with the identification of new players. Goodwin has made several comments about looking forward to working with Gunn and Mowbray in his bid to source new players.

I've got bad news for you then. Gunn has absolutely zero credentials or background to be able to identify footballing talent. 

21 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

JET, Lewis, Considine, Ramirez, Ojo, McGeouch, Woods, McLennan and McKenzie can all leave.

Hopefully Gunn and Mowbray have been busy this past 10 months and have identified some good players. Can't remember the last time we had a decent window.

Cormack can leave if he doesn’t back Jim Goodwin with super cash.  Cormack is to blame for picking glass as manager, who signed up a load of duffs.    
Ross county next week, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I don’t think the present Aberdeen team have it in them to take all 3 points.  They don’t deserve to finish in the top 6.  

1 hour ago, shooftahmooftah said:

Cormack can leave if he doesn’t back Jim Goodwin with super cash.  Cormack is to blame for picking glass as manager, who signed up a load of duffs.    
Ross county next week, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I don’t think the present Aberdeen team have it in them to take all 3 points.  They don’t deserve to finish in the top 6.  

100%

unless Cormack backs Goodwin very substantially in summer (& does so early in window) the fans will be leaving in droves. The complacency that has set in continuously since the joke appointment of Glass has only increased week on week & will soon (if not already) be at an irreversible extent for many.

Cormack (for all the good he’s done off field for the club) has massively contributed to serious damage on it & the fans (for most part) only really care about the on field stuff.

Snake Oil Salesman needs to dip into his/clubs coffers to win back his previous gratefulness from fans. 

I for one cannot stand Cormack at the moment for the damage he’s done. Even given his previous generosity.