Summer 2022 Transfer Window

3 hours ago, BonnieDon said:

JET, Lewis, Considine, Ramirez, Ojo, McGeouch, Woods, McLennan and McKenzie can all leave.

Hopefully Gunn and Mowbray have been busy this past 10 months and have identified some good players. Can't remember the last time we had a decent window.

Why stop at just them? There's several more who should be joining that list

5 hours ago, BonnieDon said:

JET, Lewis, Considine, Ramirez, Ojo, McGeouch, Woods, McLennan and McKenzie can all leave.

Hopefully Gunn and Mowbray have been busy this past 10 months and have identified some good players. Can't remember the last time we had a decent window.

6 of that list have contracts of varying length that need paid off.

It would be the guts of £1m to pay them up. 

16 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

100%

unless Cormack backs Goodwin very substantially in summer (& does so early in window) the fans will be leaving in droves. The complacency that has set in continuously since the joke appointment of Glass has only increased week on week & will soon (if not already) be at an irreversible extent for many.

Cormack (for all the good he’s done off field for the club) has massively contributed to serious damage on it & the fans (for most part) only really care about the on field stuff.

Snake Oil Salesman needs to dip into his/clubs coffers to win back his previous gratefulness from fans. 

I for one cannot stand Cormack at the moment for the damage he’s done. Even given his previous generosity. 

It's not just backing Goodwin with money for new players he needs to do. He also needs to back him when it comes to players he doesn't want. The likes of JET, Woods etc. Other clubs won't want shite like thwt so Cormack will need to stump up to get shot of them  

18 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I've got bad news for you then. Gunn has absolutely zero credentials or background to be able to identify footballing talent. 

Is it gunns job to identify footballing talent. Surely that’s mowburys job it’s then gunns job to go out and do the negotiating to get them here

I would imagine Gunn doesn’t identify any of the players, Mowbray would be doing this with the rest of the scouts and then Gunn will negotiate wages terms and conditions to get them in the door. 

Far to many people quick to criticise Gunn when they don’t understand the system in place at the club. 

12 minutes ago, ullevi said:

I would imagine Gunn doesn’t identify any of the players, Mowbray would be doing this with the rest of the scouts and then Gunn will negotiate wages terms and conditions to get them in the door. 

Far to many people quick to criticise Gunn when they don’t understand the system in place at the club. 

I’m not aware of anyone who’s criticised Gunn for the players brought in?

1 hour ago, ullevi said:

Mowbray and Goodwin report to Gunn, so he has ultimate accountability. Gunn is failing if the others reporting to him fails. 

2 hours ago, ullevi said:

The part in bold is the reason everyone has a problem with Gunn

3 hours ago, ullevi said:

Regardless if anyone/everyone understands the ‘system’ that is in place. It is fairly safe to say the ‘system’ is pretty shite or those using it are. Especially in the first couple of attempts last two windows. 

find as many shite wage thief’s as you can pls.

ok here you go, here’s a list

thanks, I’ll now throw a shit ton of cash at this wonder list of wage thief’s you have sourced & we can all pay each other’s backs on a job well planned/executed 

9 hours ago, Millertime said:

How, is he a good coach?

You'd like to think after playing at the level he has played at, for the length of time he has,  he'd be able to impart a few more pearls of wisdom compared to those who just go through a coaching academy. 

That said, there is little room for sentiment if we want to drag ourselves out the mire. Get those best suited for the job in and leave sentiment at the door.

33 minutes ago, DieHardDon said:

You'd like to think after playing at the level he has played at, for the length of time he has,  he'd be able to impart a few more pearls of wisdom compared to those who just go through a coaching academy. 

That said, there is little room for sentiment if we want to drag ourselves out the mire. Get those best suited for the job in and leave sentiment at the door.

Plenty of players have played at a higher level than him and been pish poor coaches etc. 

1 hour ago, DD1903 said:

Plenty of players have played at a higher level than him and been pish poor coaches etc. 

Yup, entirely different skillsets required for being a good player/keeper on one hand and being a good coach on the other.  

And plenty players who have no interest in going into coaching. So unless someone ITK has personal information about Lewis’ thoughts about coaching (and continuing to live in this area), it’s a completely pointless exercise touting him for a coaching gig with us.

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Dave Bus said:

what's the list of transfer targets in the fans view then?

Regan Charles-Cook?

Zander Clark?

Connor Ronan?

Graeme Shinnie?

Lawrence Shankland?

RCC would be fine

Clark isn't much better than Lewis IMO.

Ronan would be decent, might be outwith our budget

Shinnie was good first time, dont want him to have a tainted return like McGinn

Shankland is shite at our level, if he's replacing JET fair enough but not Ramirez. 

51 minutes ago, Dave Bus said:

what's the list of transfer targets in the fans view then?

Regan Charles-Cook?

Zander Clark?

Connor Ronan?

Graeme Shinnie?

Lawrence Shankland?

RCC.....no evidence that he isn't just a one season wonder. He's been underwhelming to say the least everywhere else he's been and was shyte last season at County. I don't buy into the excuse he used for it either. I've a nasty suspicion this one might be happening though. 

Clark......Better than Lewis for sure. I'd be happy enough with him but equally sure there are plenty other options throughout Europe that would be an upgrade on JL that won't break the bank either.

Ronan......of the choices here I think he's the one offering the best quality. Supposedly available for £500k but if 2 or 3 clubs are interested it becomes a bidding war and I doubt we'd go much higher in view of how big a rebuild we have on our hands. 

Shinnie......thanks for the memories. No to a return

Shankland.......decent in the Championship with United. Has failed with us, United and now in Belgium whenever he's played in the top division. Draw your own conclusions

30 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

RCC.....no evidence that he isn't just a one season wonder. He's been underwhelming to say the least everywhere else he's been and was shyte last season at County. I don't buy into the excuse he used for it either. I've a nasty suspicion this one might be happening though. 

Clark......Better than Lewis for sure. I'd be happy enough with him but equally sure there are plenty other options throughout Europe that would be an upgrade on JL that won't break the bank either.

Ronan......of the choices here I think he's the one offering the best quality. Supposedly available for £500k but if 2 or 3 clubs are interested it becomes a bidding war and I doubt we'd go much higher in view of how big a rebuild we have on our hands. 

Shinnie......thanks for the memories. No to a return

Shankland.......decent in the Championship with United. Has failed with us, United and now in Belgium whenever he's played in the top division. Draw your own conclusions

Update

Formal bid made for Charles Dunne, £200K

Interest in Cove Rangers left back, Harry Milne.

Ojo, McGeouch, Considine contracts not being renewed (expect official statement this week). Campbell, JET, Woods, McLennan and Joe Lewis told they are free to find other clubs.

Ramirez formally requested move back to US.

Langfield not an option for goalkeeping coach as he doesn't hold a proper licence. He's able to work with ST Mirren first team as their youth goalkeeping coach has a licence.

New shirt sponsor likely to be 3 different sponsors, front, back and sleeves. Rob Wicks tasked with finding large blue chip replacement for Saltire. Fail. Local companies now involved.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 3
37 minutes ago, mainstandmoan said:

Update

Ojo, McGeouch, Considine contracts not being renewed (expect official statement this week). Campbell, JET, Woods, McLennan and Joe Lewis told they are free to find other clubs.

Langfield not an option for goalkeeping coach as he doesn't hold a proper licence. He's able to work with ST Mirren first team as their youth goalkeeping coach has a licence.

New shirt sponsor likely to be 3 different sponsors, front, back and sleeves. Rob Wicks tasked with finding large blue chip replacement for Saltire. Fail. Local companies now involved.

£200k for Charles Dunne would be absolute lunacy.

1 hour ago, mainstandmoan said:

Update

Jesus. Goodwin doing St Mirren a massive favour there. If we are spending money this season then 200k of it should not be going on Dunne who has spent a fair chunk of the season injured. 

Surprised McLennan has been told he can go. Seemed to be getting more time on the pitch under Goodwin but not that i disagree with it because he shouldn't have been given his last extension. 

Not sure i see the point in going after a young LB when we already have 1 who's been getting very good reviews at Kelty? Would rather give him a go. Never did Barron any harm did it?

Ramirez wanting to leave was always on the cards after Glass and Russell getting the bullet. 

No news on the 2 players we are speaking to from the foreign markets?