Summer 2022 Transfer Window

3 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Of course in the Arsene Wenger world you say this is my valuation and i am not budging.

Allegedly our offers

£125k Dunne vs asking price of £300k

£0k Hladky vs asking price of £100k to £300k

I think they both just seem a bit fishy.

I find it hard to believe Goodwin wanted Lauritsen/Lopes over these guys. Different positions of course but its the cash in the pot.

I'm just saying I don't think its the end of both stories until Goodwin is sacked.

Edit: one or both to rock up at Pittodrie in next 6 months.

Fishy?? Over paper talk.Get a grip of yourself lad. You sound disappointed that you can't have a mock rage at "lazy recruitment".

• Upvote 1

We are hopefully in a great position going forward. 
We have developed a few players and sold them on for profit. We look like we have hopefully replaced squad members with more promising players. 
Granted it’s a slow process and short term we will need to rebuild/replace often but it’s great for the club. 
We now have a reputation for giving youth a chance and moving players to bigger clubs, this will attract better youngsters both through the academy and to sign as purchases. 
Fingers crossed the scouting network is as good as looks and we can grow with using it as a base. 

The future looks much better than it did at the end of last season. 

5 hours ago, Broken_Glass said:

Fishy?? Over paper talk.Get a grip of yourself lad. You sound disappointed that you can't have a mock rage at "lazy recruitment".

Absolutely not. Just saying it's a bit strange weve made moves and then backed off so quickly.

Roos looking steady enough though not so keen to come for a corner

44 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Bates and McLennan unused subs again. Making sure they dont get injured before their moves

If both Bates and McLennan go then we need to replace them on top of the other 3 or so players Goodwin has mentioned that we still need. Maybe not so much McLennan assuming we get the right players in at the top end of the pitch but Bates will definitely need replaced as we are light in defensive numbers. 

I'm not convinced either player will be let go in this window even if they are not part of Goodwin's longer term plans. Once Lopes and the other couple of players arrive that will be a huge turnover of players for one window. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, Shinniesta said:

If both Bates and McLennan go then we need to replace them on top of the other 3 or so players Goodwin has mentioned that we still need. Maybe not so much McLennan assuming we get the right players in at the top end of the pitch but Bates will definitely need replaced as we are light in defensive numbers. 

I'm not convinced either player will be let go in this window even if they are not part of Goodwin's longer term plans. Once Lopes and the other couple of players arrive that will be a huge turnover of players for one window. 

I'm half tongue in cheek but when we are allowed 5 subs it's not looking like they are in the good books at the moment.

Could easily have given McLennan a run out replacing Besuijen or Ramirez in the last 5-20 mins

1 minute ago, Tord31 said:

I'm half tongue in cheek but when we are allowed 5 subs it's not looking like they are in the good books at the moment.

Could easily have given McLennan a run out replacing Besuijen or Ramirez in the last 5-20 mins

Would rather see Duncan and Milne than those two, and they both impressed 

15 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

Goodwin might have been giving Milne and Duncan more game time so he can see what they've got.  I think he learned all he needs to know about Bates and McLennan last season.  

He'll probably be making a decision on whether he wants to send Duncan and Milne out on loan where they'll get more game time, in which case he'll hold on to Bates & McLennan.  Or he'll hold onto the two youngsters, meaning they'll probably get less game time but also means he has no need (or certainly less need) for B & McL.

I can see McLennan going this window.  Bates he'll hang onto for 6 - 12 months, no more, depending on the progress of Milne.

18 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Goodwin might have been giving Milne and Duncan more game time so he can see what they've got.  I think he learned all he needs to know about Bates and McLennan last season.  

He'll probably be making a decision on whether he wants to send Duncan and Milne out on loan where they'll get more game time, in which case he'll hold on to Bates & McLennan.  Or he'll hold onto the two youngsters, meaning they'll probably get less game time but also means he has no need (or certainly less need) for B & McL.

I can see McLennan going this window.  Bates he'll hang onto for 6 - 12 months, no more, depending on the progress of Milne.

Jim Goodwin has publicly said he wants “another fast winger”.

McLennan surely will be freed/loaned out. 

We’d have the new winger, Besuijen, Kennedy, Hayes & Duncan all ahead of him for a position out wide. 

He’s not mentioned wanting a defender so I think Bates will stay for now.

He said he wants a striker, winger, no10 & another midfielder. 

2 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Absolutely not. Just saying it's a bit strange weve made moves and then backed off so quickly.

Roos looking steady enough though not so keen to come for a corner

I can see no evidence that we made any moves other than "lazy journalism". I'm confident given the signings made and money spent so far that if Goodwin wanted those players badly enough then the fees would have been sanctioned.

We've still got Bojan and this Portuguese Duck fella to come.  Apparently after more attacking players too. 

Tonight I thought we looked good in attack but with a couple of defensive moments a better team would have punished.

We could be in for a rollercoaster ride this season

Who cares if they score two as long as we score three kinda thing. 

3 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

We've still got Bojan and this Portuguese Duck fella to come.  Apparently after more attacking players too. 

Tonight I thought we looked good in attack but with a couple of defensive moments a better team would have punished.

We could be in for a rollercoaster ride this season

Who cares if they score two as long as we score three kinda thing. 

Aaaah ffs. 

The dreaded rollercoaster ride the early season Euro games Glass had everyone talking about. 

That soon went to shit ?

• Upvote 1
35 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Jim Goodwin has publicly said he wants “another fast winger”.

McLennan surely will be freed/loaned out. 

We’d have the new winger, Besuijen, Kennedy, Hayes & Duncan all ahead of him for a position out wide. 

He’s not mentioned wanting a defender so I think Bates will stay for now.

He said he wants a striker, winger, no10 & another midfielder. 

I completely agree with Goodwin that we still need another 4 players if we are really going to make a proper fist of it this season. We've let 15 players go but the squad was bloated and unbalanced so bringing in 10 to replace them and promoting several academy players is sensible management. 

We definitely need another central midfielder I think we are a bit light in that department if we get a couple of injuries which is the complete opposite of last season when we had far too many players in that area. Lopes will be arriving and if we do manage to get in a fast direct winger, a creative attacking number 10 type and one more central midfielder then I think we will be very well set with proper competition for places all over the park and overall a younger, fitter more talented squad with proper quality options from the bench. 

47 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

I completely agree with Goodwin that we still need another 4 players if we are really going to make a proper fist of it this season. We've let 15 players go but the squad was bloated and unbalanced so bringing in 10 to replace them and promoting several academy players is sensible management. 

We definitely need another central midfielder I think we are a bit light in that department if we get a couple of injuries which is the complete opposite of last season when we had far too many players in that area. Lopes will be arriving and if we do manage to get in a fast direct winger, a creative attacking number 10 type and one more central midfielder then I think we will be very well set with proper competition for places all over the park and overall a younger, fitter more talented squad with proper quality options from the bench. 

I'd sacrifice another CM for a LB. Seems a glaringly obvious weakness in the team. Hayes ok there against weaker teams but he's better further up the pitch. Doubt Mackenzie or Nwengya are ready to be in the starting 11. Hancock could do with a loan in the championship or back up.

CMs

McCrorie 

Polvara 

Barron

Ramadani

Milne

Competing for 2 places in a 4-2-3-1 which it looks like JG is going for. Add the no 10 to list if it's a 4-3-3

7 hours ago, RabidGiraffe said:

He’s already said Duncan isn’t going anywhere for the first half of the season. 
He’ll review it in January.

I’ve no idea if Jack Milne is ahead of Bates in the pecking order, but he’s been praising him a lot in pre-season. 
It would be a big gamble to throw Milne in at the Piggery alongside Stewart though. 
That said, I’d dread Bates against the likes of Kyogo or Giakoumakis. 
If we do have another midfielder signed before then I’d be playing him & moving McCrorie back in there. 

5 hours ago, Zorba said:

I'd sacrifice another CM for a LB. Seems a glaringly obvious weakness in the team. Hayes ok there against weaker teams but he's better further up the pitch. Doubt Mackenzie or Nwengya are ready to be in the starting 11. Hancock could do with a loan in the championship or back up.

CMs

McCrorie 

Polvara 

Barron

Ramadani

Milne

Competing for 2 places in a 4-2-3-1 which it looks like JG is going for. Add the no 10 to list if it's a 4-3-3

agree with this , however McCrorie might play RB , will interesting to see if Richardson plays RB first game of the season against celtic and how he gets on 

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

He’s already said Duncan isn’t going anywhere for the first half of the season. 
He’ll review it in January.

I’ve no idea if Jack Milne is ahead of Bates in the pecking order, but he’s been praising him a lot in pre-season. 
It would be a big gamble to throw Milne in at the Piggery alongside Stewart though. 
That said, I’d dread Bates against the likes of Kyogo or Giakoumakis. 
If we do have another midfielder signed before then I’d be playing him & moving McCrorie back in there. 

I think Goodwin will be looking longer term than the Celtic game. That defence of ours looks weak but our season won't be defined by results against Celtic.