Summer 2022 Transfer Window

53 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Tiramisu Paatelainen

Off topic to a degree but Paatalainen was superb for us. We had four serious talented frontmen in Shearer, Jess, Booth and the big Finn (cause it’s easier to type in my phone) and that boy always surprised me. He was pretty fucking deadly. And an absolute unit. I remember (maybe I remember) when we raped Airdie 7-0 and he was just fantastic. Maybe scored two or three but I remember he had a hand in 4 or 5. Imagine us having 4 recognized strikers? Probably never gonna happen. 

Ramirez

Miovski

Vincente 

Howard The Duk

looking good though….

• Upvote 1

Before anyone says the wee Dutch lad isn’t a striker…..prove me wrong. He could play anywhere in front three or two (old school) with two wide men (Joe Miller time). He’s a class act that kid. Bet he scores a hatful this year. And when that Maroon Muppet is on here banging sideways about Shankland he’ll get some shock when we roll them. 

• Upvote 3
2 minutes ago, TerryMcDermott said:

Before anyone says the wee Dutch lad isn’t a striker…..prove me wrong. He could play anywhere in front three or two (old school) with two wide men (Joe Miller time). He’s a class act that kid. Bet he scores a hatful this year. And when that Maroon Muppet is on here banging sideways about Shankland he’ll get some shock when we roll them. 

I thought Besoujin looked a lot better in the last game (I know the opposition were garbage) than he has done at any other time for us. The free role in behind the striker, where he can drift left or right, or come deep, or play a one two and run in behind, really suits him. I think he'll score lots, create lots, and win a lot of free kicks around the box, playing in that position. Especially if he has intelligent players around him who have pace and similar ability.

• Upvote 1

Again mildly off topic but was it Hearts that Joe Miller scored that absolute rocket from the right wing against? Can’t remember clearly. I was at the game. And I remember this was the same day that Wille Miller came out in the press and said Joe was the most frustrating player he’d ever managed or played with because he was so unpredictable. Then he steps up and melts it from 30 possibly 35 yards. Always liked wee Joe. 

11 minutes ago, TerryMcDermott said:

Off topic to a degree but Paatalainen was superb for us. We had four serious talented frontmen in Shearer, Jess, Booth and the big Finn (cause it’s easier to type in my phone) and that boy always surprised me. He was pretty fucking deadly. And an absolute unit. I remember (maybe I remember) when we raped Airdie 7-0 and he was just fantastic. Maybe scored two or three but I remember he had a hand in 4 or 5. Imagine us having 4 recognized strikers? Probably never gonna happen. 

Ramirez

Miovski

Vincente 

Howard The Duk

looking good though….

Mixu and Windass had the club's largest ever buttocks

2 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

I thought Besoujin looked a lot better in the last game (I know the opposition were garbage) than he has done at any other time for us. The free role in behind the striker, where he can drift left or right, or come deep, or play a one two and run in behind, really suits him. I think he'll score lots, create lots, and win a lot of free kicks around the box, playing in that position. Especially if he has intelligent players around him who have pace and similar ability.

Absofuckinglutely. I would love to see that lad sitting deeper behind a front 1 or 2 with Ramadandy cleaning up for him. 

26 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

I also have to add that my my pet peev for want of a less effeminate and savagely 80’s term, was that McInnes was obsessed with pushing Christie right when we saw the greatest creativity through the middle. And of course it was one of his biggest and fatal failings. We became predictably wide. And not good wide. Kennedy is looking like the player we wanted but by god for two seasons i never saw that boy beat a single man. APPARENTLY he prefers to sit in the hole. Christ the way he’s playing let the boy do it. 

My question (back on topic) is who and why are we signing someone. As far as I can tell, and it’s been a hot minute since I worked for the team, we now have three mobile versatile strikers who can fill a number of roles across the front line. And of course Ramirez. Who is an out and out penalty box hit man. Which begs the question…..Goodmanyleaguecupwins is looking for a pacy winger…..too go where exactly???

I guess what I’m asking is….is fars this boy gan like? Cause we don’t look like a team setting up for out and out wingers. We look like a similar formation, albeit different execution, to the McInnes version of 4231 which served us us so well particularly in Europe. Did I miss something? 

4 minutes ago, TerryMcDermott said:

My question (back on topic) is who and why are we signing someone. As far as I can tell, and it’s been a hot minute since I worked for the team, we now have three mobile versatile strikers who can fill a number of roles across the front line. And of course Ramirez. Who is an out and out penalty box hit man. Which begs the question…..Goodmanyleaguecupwins is looking for a pacy winger…..too go where exactly???

Competition for places as opposed to established pecking orders involving clear first choices and major drop offs thereafter. 

Exactly what we need. 

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Competition for places as opposed to established pecking orders involving clear first choices and major drop offs thereafter. 

Exactly what we need. 

Not disagreeing at all. But are we done signing first pick players? Cause we don’t NEED a first choice winger. We all know we probably need a left back. Any winger we grab has to be smarter than he is a natural touchline player and this boy from Fleetwood is a touchline hugger with average assist stats and that’s being kind. 

6 minutes ago, TerryMcDermott said:

Not disagreeing at all. But are we done signing first pick players? Cause we don’t NEED a first choice winger. We all know we probably need a left back. Any winger we grab has to be smarter than he is a natural touchline player and this boy from Fleetwood is a touchline hugger with average assist stats and that’s being kind. 

We should always want to strengthen any position. 

Left back and attacking midfield would be my first priorities though.  And then a centre back if Bates is off 

It’s hard to decipher Goodwins vision or choices and i absolutely love when the club I love and worked for does it’s business with class and discretion. It’s a workplace cultural truth. A lot of people on here might not recognize or agree with this but the ethos of the club when I was there hasn’t changed in twenty years and probably won’t change in another 50. We don’t don’t do our business like Huns and Tim’s and we live in a world where they could buy any player we wanted so we have to be a deeply attractive launching pad for young talent. And the skill and care of the boys with their hands on the wheel, defines whether or not that happens. Our chairman presided over an tantamount failure but true to his previous, he indicted a very American and strong reaction. The only cure for failure is success. And while we don’t have a trophy in our grasp yet, knowing Dave as much as I do, he will not rest until an Aberdeen captain has his hands on a trophy.  You can call it ego, you can call it pride but the truth is without these things not a single person wins a fucking thing. I honestly believe we’ll see silverware before Dave C leaves the building because he doesn’t lose. Just my two cents. Or 1.6 pence. 

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

We should always want to strengthen any position. 

Left back and attacking midfield would be my first priorities though.  And then a centre back if Bates is off 

Bates is a fucking mystery. Your guess is as good as mine. If he’s good it won’t be in an Aberdeen shirt. Ship has sailed. 

55 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Besoujin was hailed as much as a project as he was a player we needed. Of Course he was. The Scum spend millions on random fannies that made a mild name in various leagues and are immediately hailed by Team Succulent Lamb as the greatest player to ever set his golden left foot upon these grateful shores. When folk stop sucking the media boaby yju usually get a player that is variously hit or miss. Money usually narrows the angle but a fee is no guarantee of value. We have in the 2 years truly illustrated the model of AFC. Buy early. Pay reasonable fee’s, insert buy on, develop and sell, Vincente is so highly regarded that I know it ruffled a few feathers when he signed for us. The only way this works is if the kid tears it up. Which I think he will. You’d be shocked at how much work goes into a players character. Much more that even 10 years ago. Almost nothing is left to chance. This kid wasn’t just signed cause of his talent, he was signed because of his ability to become brilliant. Physically and mentally. I’m quietly confident this kid will be an Aberdeen legend.  He has the ability and DESIRE to play almost anywhere. I honestly think the boy would play in goals if it meant he can get a game. He’s thought of impeccably at Pittodrie so let’s see. 

14 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

Should we rename this ‘the Tel McDermott thread’?

Listen….I just like to talk Aberdeen when I get home from a gig. So all my posts come at once. I’ll fuck off shortly and so be it. I generally lurk and was on the other forum but I far more enjoyed the chat here. I’ll stop grabbing the oxygen. Goodnight Dandy Dons. 

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, TerryMcDermott said:

Besoujin was hailed as much as a project as he was a player we needed. Of Course he was. The Scum spend millions on random fannies that made a mild name in various leagues and are immediately hailed by Team Succulent Lamb as the greatest player to ever set his golden left foot upon these grateful shores. When folk stop sucking the media boaby yju usually get a player that is variously hit or miss. Money usually narrows the angle but a fee is no guarantee of value. We have in the 2 years truly illustrated the model of AFC. Buy early. Pay reasonable fee’s, insert buy on, develop and sell, Vincente is so highly regarded that I know it ruffled a few feathers when he signed for us. The only way this works is if the kid tears it up. Which I think he will. You’d be shocked at how much work goes into a players character. Much more that even 10 years ago. Almost nothing is left to chance. This kid wasn’t just signed cause of his talent, he was signed because of his ability to become brilliant. Physically and mentally. I’m quietly confident this kid will be an Aberdeen legend.  He has the ability and DESIRE to play almost anywhere. I honestly think the boy would play in goals if it meant he can get a game. He’s thought of impeccably at Pittodrie so let’s see. 

He will never be a legend. Football at our level dosnt allow that anymore unfortunately. If he has the break out season we all think/hope he won’t be here next season. That’s the sad reality of things. Really looking forward to seeing a good few players develop this season!

4 minutes ago, slippers said:

He will never be a legend. Football at our level dosnt allow that anymore unfortunately. If he has the break out season we all think/hope he won’t be here next season. That’s the sad reality of things. Really looking forward to seeing a good few players develop this season!

Grim and fair. 

3 hours ago, Roberto said:

In your case then... don't post at all. Everything you say is shite.

A man/woman of absolutely no substance. 

Got a brass neck after the worst post that's ever been put on here. I won a haiku competition when I was 7. Fuck me.

How did you get on in the colouring in competition, we all want to know. 

• Haha 3

Last thing I’m posting tonight cause the beer just ran out….

bit best signing of the entire season would be Scales on permanent contract. The kid looks absolutely class. Comfortable on the ball quick and tidy in possession and….

he’s already threaded more passes to a striker than our entire midfield did in a whole season.

BUY HIM NOW. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, TerryMcDermott said:

Ramirez

Miovski

Vincente 

Howard The Duk

looking good though….

Mixu scored 4 in that game against Airdrie. Same season we beat Patrick 7-0 and Hearts 6-2 in the space of 4 days with Shearer scoring back to back hat tricks. Some season that.

1 minute ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Mixu scored 4 in that game against Airdrie. Same season we beat Patrick 7-0 and Hearts 6-2 in the space of 4 days with Shearer scoring back to back hat tricks. Some season that.

That 6-2 game was the stuff of legend. I’m getting on a bit so the memory fuzzes but I was at the game and I remember Paul Mason just torturing the boy. 

51 minutes ago, TerryMcDermott said:

It’s hard to decipher Goodwins vision or choices and i absolutely love when the club I love and worked for does it’s business with class and discretion. It’s a workplace cultural truth. A lot of people on here might not recognize or agree with this but the ethos of the club when I was there hasn’t changed in twenty years and probably won’t change in another 50. We don’t don’t do our business like Huns and Tim’s and we live in a world where they could buy any player we wanted so we have to be a deeply attractive launching pad for young talent. And the skill and care of the boys with their hands on the wheel, defines whether or not that happens. Our chairman presided over an tantamount failure but true to his previous, he indicted a very American and strong reaction. The only cure for failure is success. And while we don’t have a trophy in our grasp yet, knowing Dave as much as I do, he will not rest until an Aberdeen captain has his hands on a trophy.  You can call it ego, you can call it pride but the truth is without these things not a single person wins a fucking thing. I honestly believe we’ll see silverware before Dave C leaves the building because he doesn’t lose. Just my two cents. Or 1.6 pence. 

Thanks Dave..you had has all fooled last season though..

1 hour ago, TerryMcDermott said:

Again mildly off topic but was it Hearts that Joe Miller scored that absolute rocket from the right wing against? Can’t remember clearly. I was at the game. And I remember this was the same day that Wille Miller came out in the press and said Joe was the most frustrating player he’d ever managed or played with because he was so unpredictable. Then he steps up and melts it from 30 possibly 35 yards. Always liked wee Joe. 

Loved wee Joe, was my favourite player for a while. Was brilliant seeing him skipping up the wing.