Summer 2022 Transfer Window

1 hour ago, Weir on the wing said:

What does anyone actually know about Charles Dunne?

A mate of mine is a big StM fan, says that their fans love him…apparently he was the clubs motm in the recent game at Paisley against us when Ronan scored the only goal.

At the moment we have to trust in JG. He knows the player better than any supposed ‘expert’ on this forum!

He’d be a decent cover for Scales, but that’s all he’d be. 
My main concern is his poor injury record, which ain’t going to improve at approaching 30. 

7 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

Dunne played with Stewart briefly 9 years ago not sure he was here as a guest, him in and Bates out makes a lot of sense. Saw Boyle after the game and he is home on Holiday he says

Stewart said in his first interview after he joined (during the training camp in Spain) that he and Dunne were good friends and he'd spoken to Dunne about life and football in Scotland before making the decision to move. Said he discussed it with Jack Grimmer too.

I'm not saying Dunne isn't signing for us, I make no claim to be ITK, I'm just saying it's possible he was only at the game because he knows Stewart.

12 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

What makes you think it’s Jamie McGrath? 

Just a feeling. Barely played for Wigan in pre season. Ronan has at least been getting some game time for Wolves. Of course it could be somebody completely out of the blue like Lopes etc. Just think with the lack of game time McGrath has been getting then Goodwin will be on the blower to him. 

44 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Just a feeling. Barely played for Wigan in pre season. Ronan has at least been getting some game time for Wolves. Of course it could be somebody completely out of the blue like Lopes etc. Just think with the lack of game time McGrath has been getting then Goodwin will be on the blower to him. 

I’m thinking it’ll be a leftfield signing like most of our signings this summer. 

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I’m thinking it’ll be a leftfield signing like mist of our signings this summer. 

Could very well be. If we don't get a Scott Burns exclusive you are probably spot on. 

Whilst Burns is out of the loop on AFC stuff he seems to get his fair share of stuff on TSMSTID and he's been saying for weeks they are after McGrath so if he was on his way here somebody at United would have spilled the beans i would have thought. 

5 minutes ago, Feel said:

'when Connor Barron is out of the team, we are a bit short in creativity from midfield, so I hope to have a bit of news on an attacking midfielder coming in over the next day or so'.

From today's post match interview

News ‘over next day or so’ will be

Thanks to the board, I have now been granted permission to sign an attacking midfielder in light of injury to Barron

45 minutes ago, jimmydragon said:

No interest in Dunne.

Left back coming from Championship. 

Other player coming from England as well. Can play on the wing as well as a 10.

Ronan still a target.

You also said back in June that we were signing Ronan that week, did you not? 

9 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Always makes my skin crawl that folk go to this level.

Searching players social media etc.

'He liked an Aberdeen FC tweet in 2019, he's interested'.

At the same time if an Aberdeen player started following Rangers 95% on here would probably get their knickers in a twist. 

It seems odd to follow a rival team in your league if there's nothing in it.

9 hours ago, Dandys1983 said:

Only 6 Slovenians play in Poland, 2 left backs,.1 mid rest are wide players. All looks shite aswell ?

I see you have only been a member here for just over a year. You won't understand the significance of the post because of this.....

But the Slovenian it relates to does indeed play in Poland

18 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I see you have only been a member here for just over a year. You won't understand the significance of the post because of this.....

But the Slovenian it relates to does indeed play in Poland

He's still shite and I know who your on about I think a 30yo LB?? TBH struggling to see why we need a LB Hancock and Hayes have a good understanding down that left side better than the way the right hand side is currently, don't think Kennedy is good enough for the games against top sides, he wasn't as good yesterday and I'd say if we bring in a winger he will be replaced. 

3 minutes ago, Roberto said:

The neighbour knew I was an Aberdeen fan and told me information freely.

I didn't ask.

You trying to get in Durrant Diveds pants after he said he's 14 or something, coming to his rescue?

Maybe he did give you the information freely... you didn't wait to find out if it was true or not before posting it on here though did you?

I was just pointing out the hypocrisy of you criticising people for following players on social media and subsequently posting information on here when its pretty much exactly what you did with the 'information' you got from Ramirez' neighbour.

• Upvote 2