Summer 2022 Transfer Window

Goodwin stated last week 'We'd still like to add another two or three and we are in conversation with a couple of very good ones.'.

I'm going to assume he's not classing Roberts or Coulson as 'very good ones'.. so either deals have fallen through OR we've still got another couple of exciting signings potentially on the way. Really hoping tis the latter.

7 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Goodwin stated last week 'We'd still like to add another two or three and we are in conversation with a couple of very good ones.'.

I'm going to assume he's not classing Roberts or Coulson as 'very good ones'.. so either deals have fallen through OR we've still got another couple of exciting signings potentially on the way. Really hoping tis the latter.

These two were our 26th and 27th targets.

I fear that Halifax Town and Solihull Moors are pulling away from us. 

• Haha 1

I find the whole 'GOODWIN SAID WE WERE TALKING TO VERY GOOD PLAYERS AND THIS PLAYER I'VE NOT SEEN PLAY COMES FROM A TEAM IN LOWER LEAGUE ENGLAND SO HE MUST BE WORSE THAN SHIT GOODWIN IS A LIAR AND WE'RE GETTING RELEGATED!!!!!!' mentality from certain posters really weird.

I mean at a very basic level, when asked no manager is going to respond to the transfers question with 'Ah yeah we're still looking to make one or two additions and we're in deep conversations with a couple of fairly mediocre boys and one or two crap ones so we hope to have some movement on that soon'

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Yerdas Selzavon said:

I find the whole 'GOODWIN SAID WE WERE TALKING TO VERY GOOD PLAYERS AND THIS PLAYER I'VE NOT SEEN PLAY COMES FROM A TEAM IN LOWER LEAGUE ENGLAND SO HE MUST BE WORSE THAN SHIT GOODWIN IS A LIAR AND WE'RE GETTING RELEGATED!!!!!!' mentality from certain posters really weird.

I mean at a very basic level, when asked no manager is going to respond to the transfers question with 'Ah yeah we're still looking to make one or two additions and we're in deep conversations with a couple of fairly mediocre boys and one or two crap ones so we hope to have some movement on that soon'

He could just say we are looking at a couple players he dosnt have to put emphasis on them being very good players. I’m fine with waiting to see how they show up before judging them. Excited for the season ahead after most of our transfer window being completed. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Even the naysayers have to admit that cormark opened his wallet and recruiting did not focus on over age targets and expanded their search beyond England.  Not sure one transfer window will completely remake the squad but it is a good start.  Now saying all that the league outside of top 3 last year were largely inconsistent verging on awful and not much has charged.  Shows u how bad we were not to make europe.

36 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Shut the fuck up.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3
1 hour ago, Dandys1983 said:

I'd rather give our youths games than some waste of space from middlesburgh as he's sounds absolutely honking, Jack Gurr vibes

Never seen him play once. Literally have no idea about him whatsoever yet you feel like you can pass opinion. Join the club with Zero.

1 minute ago, Yerdas Selzavon said:

He doesn't need to respond to transfer questions with 'Ah yeah we're still looking to make one or two additions and we're in deep conversations with a couple of fairly mediocre boys and one or two crap ones so we hope to have some movement on that soon'... as he also doesn't need to respond to transfer questions with 'We'd still like to add another two or three and we are in conversation with a couple of very good ones.' unless we are actually in discussions with 'very good' players.

If the players we were in conversation with were Coulson and Roberts then all he had to say was 'we are still looking to add to our squad and are in discussion with a couple of players'.

The whole 'very good players' statement was clearly going to raise expectations amongst the fans especially after the signings of Miovski and Ramadani.

It would be like somebody telling you they're going to take you to watch a 'very good movie' and subsequently showing you Wild Wild West.

12 hours ago, Tord31 said:

and we are all writing off Mackenzie who could still come good so we'll have our bets very well hedged for left back going forward.

Don't rate Mackenzie at al, but I'd have him in the side ahead of Hancock every time.

The boy has been awful.

Every move we tried to build in the first half Sunday broke down as soon as he took possession.

Must have been minimum 7 or 8 times on the trot.

Really poor.

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, muttonhumper said:

Don't rate Mackenzie at al, but I'd have him in the side ahead of Hancock every time.

The boy has been awful.

Every move we tried to build in the first half Sunday broke down as soon as he took possession.

Really poor.

must have been watching a different game lol

• Upvote 2
4 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

The boy has been awful.

Really poor.

That’s one of the strangest takes from Sundays game I’ve seen so far. Hancock is better than Mackenzie, absolute fact. 

Just now, muttonhumper said:

You must have not been watching at all. :nono:

Full re-run of first half on RedTV, and FFS  pay attention this time.  ?

haha I have seen more people praising Hancock's performance, you're the first to do otherwise. I mean minorities are not always wrong, but... ? 

2 minutes ago, GDON21 said:

That’s one of the strangest takes from Sundays game I’ve seen so far. Hancock is better than Mackenzie, absolute fact. 

Absolute fact? 

Well, Mackenzie is nae up to much.

So it would nae be much of an achievement.

You also need to watch that first half again. Boy was fucking awful.

25 minutes ago, Donscanada said:

Even the naysayers have to admit that cormark opened his wallet and recruiting did not focus on over age targets and expanded their search beyond England.  Not sure one transfer window will completely remake the squad but it is a good start.  Now saying all that the league outside of top 3 last year were largely inconsistent verging on awful and not much has charged.  Shows u how bad we were not to make europe.

Well afc has taken in about £7.5 million from the sales of Ferguson and Ramsay.They have spent maybe £1.5 million so I fail to see how Cormack has opened his wallet?

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

The result of the late kick off is:

@DelMonte 1 @zeroisgod76 0

In conclusion Goodwin is doing a good job of reshaping the squad/addressing the inherited mess left by Glass, thus beginning the prawcess of making Aberdeen famous again. Stand Free!!!

I haven't said Goodwin isn't doing a good job of reshaping the squad. Generally been impressive so far.

1 minute ago, ERNIE said:

Well afc has taken in about £7.5 million from the sales of Ferguson and Ramsay.They have spent maybe £1.5 million so I fail to see how Cormack has opened his wallet?

Considering the losses we made last season:

• Paying off the management team x2 if you factor McInnes and Co as well
  • Paying off a load of players 
  • Loss of revenue from not being in Europe
  • Loss of revenue from being bottom 6 (position money + gate money)

And the money we need to raise for the new stadium, Cormack could have quite easily have just given Goodwin a much smaller budget to work with, 

15 minutes ago, C'monEweReds said:

Seems like we have already peaked in the transfer window and we are now going back to signing the English lower league shite. Neither Roberts or Coulson are going to improve this team in my opinion, actually feel a bit deflated after the high of the past few weeks

Disappointing.

How are the recent signings any different to what we've signed so far?

• 2 guys from a relegated Hungarian Side
  • Stewart signed from a lower league side in England
  • Richardson signed from a lower league side in England
  • Scales on loan from Celtic
  • Roos signed from a lower league side in England
  • Duk signed from Benficas B side.

I'm not dissing what we've signed so far, but not really sure how the above is "peaked" vs signing Callum Roberts, a player who knows where the net is and looks to be too good for the league he's in and a guy from Middleburgh on loan (as far as I can tell)?

Its pretty much on par with our signings to date this window. 

33 minutes ago, ERNIE said:

When was the last time we spent over £1.5m in one window? Bearing in mind the spending may not be over yet as he may end up spending £500k on Ronan.