Summer 2022 Transfer Window

18 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Jim Goodwin, most ITK poster. Told us Sunday one was very close - been announced yesterday , and to expect another midweek - close to announced. Even told us what positions. ????

There's still some absolute rockets on here that will claim ITK status when it happens too ?

• Upvote 2
52 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

How are the recent signings any different to what we've signed so far?

• 2 guys from a relegated Hungarian Side
  • Stewart signed from a lower league side in England
  • Richardson signed from a lower league side in England
  • Scales on loan from Celtic
  • Roos signed from a lower league side in England
  • Duk signed from Benficas B side.

I'm not dissing what we've signed so far, but not really sure how the above is "peaked" vs signing Callum Roberts, a player who knows where the net is and looks to be too good for the league he's in and a guy from Middleburgh on loan (as far as I can tell)?

Its pretty much on par with our signings to date this window. 

Fair point, but I think because of some of the dross we have signed from the lower leagues of England, it's hard to get excited when another comes along. 

I have PTSD from some of the cunts we've singed over the years.

16 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Folk latching onto Goodwin using the words "exciting" and "good" and projecting their own interpretations on what would "excite " them is real primary school stuff

Ok, what would your personal interpretation of 'very good players' be and in your opinion do Coulson and Roberts fall into this category?

15 minutes ago, 20two20 said:

There's still some absolute rockets on here that will claim ITK status when it happens too ?

Yes, mainly because the info was passed around yesterday before there was even a hint, you and thomodork can stick with the hate but the pair of you keep making cunts of yourselves and it's hilarious. 

2 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Ok, what would your personal interpretation of 'very good players' be and in your opinion do Coulson and Roberts fall into this category?

I have no idea, the same as you. You literally have no clue what they are like. Somehow, amazingly, you’re getting worse on here. 

3 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

You're missing the point as always.  Goodwin isnt talking directly to you, which you seem to think.

And I haven't seen them play so I don't know if they are "good" or where they will "excite" me until I see them play

Just now, DelMonte said:

I have no idea, the same as you. You literally have no clue what they are like. Somehow, amazingly, you’re getting worse on here. 

Based on what you know of them... their career paths... the levels they've played at. I'm pretty sure you could form an opinion one way or the other as to whether you personally would class them as very good footballers?

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

You're missing the point as always.  Goodwin isnt talking directly to you, which you seem to think.

And I haven't seen them play so I don't know if they are "good" or where they will "excite" me until I see them play

I know he isn't talking directly to me... he's making a statement to the press which is essentially speaking to all of us.

4 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

If Coulson was or is as shite as the usual suspects on here are proclaiming, how has he lasted as long as he has at Boro without getting bombed a long time ago, playing 46 games for them?

Because they are basing their views on a single game against us for St Mirren 4 years ago

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, GDON21 said:

That’s one of the strangest takes from Sundays game I’ve seen so far. Hancock is better than Mackenzie, absolute fact. 

Is it?

IMO....and that's what it is with your statement too...........MacKenzie is a solid enough if unspectacular pure defender. But pretty shite when in advanced positions.

And the opposite seems to be the case for Hancock. Half decent when going forward supporting an attack. Poor defensively. 

Again, IMO....neither good enough to be a regular right now, in MacKenzie's case probably won't ever be. Hancock, still young enough for the jury to be out on it.

The way things are shaping up, we will be doing well in most games this season. Probably having better possession, attacking more than our opponents are attacking us and scoring more than who we are playing against *

So Hancock looks decent with the ball at his feet, might be a good time for him to make his breakthrough.

* May or may not be true

20 minutes ago, minijc said:

Yes, mainly because the info was passed around yesterday before there was even a hint, you and thomodork can stick with the hate but the pair of you keep making cunts of yourselves and it's hilarious. 

Before a hint yesterday (Monday)  ….the gaffer told us first hand Sunday - you utter delusional plank. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4
44 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Because they are basing their views on a single game against us for St Mirren 4 years ago

Correct. Not as if Boro are a diddy club or hold onto players for as long as possible with zero chance of making it there.  And if this is a loan, whose to say he doesn’t return to Teesside and enjoys a successful career there? (albeit, unlikely)

43 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Is it?

IMO....and that's what it is with your statement too...........MacKenzie is a solid enough if unspectacular pure defender. But pretty shite when in advanced positions.

And the opposite seems to be the case for Hancock. Half decent when going forward supporting an attack. Poor defensively. 

Again, IMO....neither good enough to be a regular right now, in MacKenzie's case probably won't ever be. Hancock, still young enough for the jury to be out on it.

Strange thing about Hancock was that he looked very good at right back up at Buckie, notwithstanding the level of opponent that afternoon.

By my reckoning, McKenzie never is or never will be a LB or LWB but could make it as a LCB. 

1 hour ago, minijc said:

There's literally tweets from yesterday morning talking about it.

You passing around information freely available on twitter isn't being ITK. 

Also find it highly amusing that i never even singled you out and yet you immediately got flustered and felt the need to defend your antics. We see you.

• Upvote 2

He might've said we're close to bringing in "good" players for another couple of reasons that haven't been mentioned:

1. Might be for the players benefit. You often hear players talking about feeling wanted/valued as a reason to join a club 

2  might've been as a pre-emptive "trust me" comment as he knows there will be some who look at Richards background and feel underwhelmed

4 minutes ago, 20two20 said:

There's literally tweets from yesterday morning talking about it.

You passing around information freely available on twitter isn't being ITK. 

Also find it highly amusing that i never even singled you out and yet you immediately got flustered and felt the need to defend your antics. We see you.

Keep being a non believer mate, you just look bitter as fuck.

3 minutes ago, 20two20 said:

Now now, enough of those facts, Mini has a band of merry followers he needs to dupe!

Yes, I'm duping my band of merry followers which include people I know, mods from here, completely random people that I've argued with for years who also doubted me until I shared what I know with them.