Summer 2022 Transfer Window

8 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Aye, a permo LB is an odd one given the number of left sided defenders we have coming through.  A season long loan makes more sense.

I reckon Lewis is safe (for now) but we'll listen to offers for Bates, McLennan, Ramirez and Watkins.  If there's no offers we'll hang on to Bates, Ramirez and Watkins but McLennan will be released at the end of the window if he hasn't found something.  Even if we get a few injuries he'll be lucky to make a sub appearance.  

Polvara will stay, Harvey, Hancock and Ngwenya will go out on loan.

I reserve the right to change any of the above statement after the window has slammed shut.

mclennan will get a loan move easy enough. we'll be happy to subsidise that in the hope he can scramble a few goal contributions and get us a half arsed feed in January or June

15 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Scott Burns saying Coulson is a loan.

I'd be happier with that than a permanent signing.

Leaves the door open to any of Coulson, Ngwenya, Hancock or Towler for next season.

I'm liking the look of Hancock and if the three of them play the full season in the championship i'd be really hopeful one comes good.

This is the last year of Coulson's contract.

I'm personally not seeing it with Hancock. Doesn't look like a LB to me. Think he needs another season on loan at a higher standard than Stirling Albion. Looks like he'd be better at CB or holding midfielder.

I do think Mackenzie has potential. Had a few good games for us but a lot of poor ones too. Could be a big year for him and hopefully playing in a better team will bring him more consistency

5 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

mclennan will get a loan move easy enough. we'll be happy to subsidise that in the hope he can scramble a few goal contributions and get us a half arsed feed in January or June

Surprised he hasn't been loaned already. He must be so far down the pecking order now

2 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

I'm personally not seeing it with Hancock. Doesn't look like a LB to me. Think he needs another season on loan at a higher standard than Stirling Albion. Looks like he'd be better at CB or holding midfielder.

I do think Mackenzie has potential. Had a few good games for us but a lot of poor ones too. Could be a big year for him and hopefully playing in a better team will bring him more consistency

I think Hancock looks alright. Let him go and get 30-40 starts on loan in the championship and see what happens

7 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

Hancock was one of the best players in the first half on Sunday, he's better on the left than Richardson is on the right. Jury is out in Mackenzie was getting caught out of position far too.much last season but it's probably not a season to judge him on, but I know the club would like to see him at CB. Lots of young players coming through but not all of them will make the grade up to JG to decide who to keep, I'd have thought if McLennan was going on loan he would of been gone by now. Think he could have his contract ripped up could be the same with Watkins and Bates will probably be allowed to leave if the buyer covers his contact etc. 

7 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I think Hancock looks alright. Let him go and get 30-40 starts on loan in the championship and see what happens

Hancock was supposed to be going to Arbroath on loan but the plug was pulled due to McKenzie's injury.  Maybe that will be back on again if we get this Coulson character on loan.

Ngwenya has had a couple of seasons in L2 with Cove and Kelty.  Should be looking for a Championship loan this season to kick on.

Harvey is only 17, a L1 or L2 team would be good for him, preferably one that should be at the top of their division so he scores goals and builds confidence.

But I'm no Pathways Manager, so what do I know?

1 minute ago, Zorba said:

Scottish Premiership 22/23 | Transfermarkt

Interesting to see our squad is one of the lowest valued in the league. Although the 2 from Notts County don't seem have to have values and we have the smallest squad by 4 players compared to the rest.

Alot of the predictions are done off values probably why I keep seeing us 6/7/8th ??? got to be 3rd this season if we start off well and get some momentum you never know. 

11 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

Hancock was one of the best players in the first half on Sunday, he's better on the left than Richardson is on the right. Jury is out in Mackenzie was getting caught out of position far too.much last season but it's probably not a season to judge him on, but I know the club would like to see him at CB. Lots of young players coming through but not all of them will make the grade up to JG to decide who to keep, I'd have thought if McLennan was going on loan he would of been gone by now. Think he could have his contract ripped up could be the same with Watkins and Bates will probably be allowed to leave if the buyer covers his contact etc. 

I certainly looked Hancock's best spell yet.  I wasn't that impressed in the previous games.  He's more technical than Richardson but Richardson is faster and stronger.  Hancock will work his way around a player whereas Richardson seems to go through them and gets up the pitch faster, if that makes sense. Still early days for both, far too soon to judge them.

5 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

Alot of the predictions are done off values probably why I keep seeing us 6/7/8th ??? got to be 3rd this season if we start off well and get some momentum you never know. 

Richardson and the new boy don't have a value, Polvara apparently only worth £45k and don't think Hancock and Duncan are represented in the first team but if they were they would probably be £45k a piece also.

I think the market values on transfermarkt are pretty realistic. In their opinion we overpaid on Duk and got a bargain on Ramadani, early stages but the latter seems accurate.

1 minute ago, RabidGiraffe said:

I certainly looked Hancock's best spell yet.  I wasn't that impressed in the previous games.  He's more technical than Richardson but Richardson is faster and stronger.  Hancock will work his way around a player whereas Richardson seems to go through them and gets up the pitch faster, if that makes sense. Still early days for both, far too soon to judge them.

Oh totally agree far to early to judge, Hancock is a more technical player for me than Richardson, but I've seen improvements in Richardson already. 

24 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

The Raith game was definitely his best game so far. He looked a lot better defensively but I've not seen anything yet going forward. Also you mentioned McKenzie being caught out of position, that's the exact same issue with Hancock so far. Scales covered him for pretty much the whole Stirling game.

And I agree jury is out on Richardson but he's looked the better of the full backs for me 

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

and we are all writing off Mackenzie who could still come good so we'll have our bets very well hedged for left back going forward.

I'm not writing of Mackenzie. I think he will be first choice and I've said already this summer that i think if he stays fit he cant nail down that spot and do a very good job. I thought when he was fully fit he had some very decent games last season and shows promise but he has had a number of injuries. 

Coulson is very quick and a decent crosser so can do a good job going forward but he really isn't a good defender. I wonder if we might still use Jonny Hayes as back up left back and have Coulson as the left winger ahead of him as that's where he does have quality.

12 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

I'm not writing of Mackenzie. I think he will be first choice and I've said already this summer that i think if he stays fit he cant nail down that spot and do a very good job. I thought when he was fully fit he had some very decent games last season and shows promise but he has had a number of injuries. 

Coulson is very quick and a decent crosser so can do a good job going forward but he really isn't a good defender. I wonder if we might still use Jonny Hayes as back up left back and have Coulson as the left winger ahead of him as that's where he does have quality.

I can't say I've ever seen Coulson or if I have I don't remember him but he seems to have a fair bit of Championship experience and at 24 is a good age. Again I'll trust the recruitment team if we do bring him in on loan. 

I still think MacKenzie could eventually end up as a CB and will potentially play some games there this season. As you say though he does seem to pick up injuries regularly which is a concern. 

6 hours ago, Shinniesta said:

I can't say I've ever seen Coulson or if I have I don't remember him but he seems to have a fair bit of Championship experience and at 24 is a good age. Again I'll trust the recruitment team if we do bring him in on loan. 

I still think MacKenzie could eventually end up as a CB and will potentially play some games there this season. As you say though he does seem to pick up injuries regularly which is a concern. 

He’s also not particularly great in the air for a CB. 

Coulson looks like a done deal.

I wondered if the final defender coming in would be one that could play a few positions like that ADO guy we were linked with or like Charles Dunne.

It would feel like we would need another defender in to contemplate moving Bates on. It would be fairly brave to allow the transfer window to close with only Stewart, Scales, McCrorie and Milne given that Scales cant play in all games and there will always be injuries/suspensions along the way. Stewart is already on one booking for the league cup and going in to a league cup semi or final without Stewart and Scales would not be very clever.

16 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Coulson looks like a done deal.

I wondered if the final defender coming in would be one that could play a few positions like that ADO guy we were linked with or like Charles Dunne.

It would feel like we would need another defender in to contemplate moving Bates on. It would be fairly brave to allow the transfer window to close with only Stewart, Scales, McCrorie and Milne given that Scales cant play in all games and there will always be injuries/suspensions along the way. Stewart is already on one booking for the league cup and going in to a league cup semi or final without Stewart and Scales would not be very clever.

Thing is your signing someone to warm the bench if Bates goes, I'd rather they put effort into buying Scales and have Milne and McCrorie as back up in the central area and from what I hear JG wants to see McKenzie in the CB role too. Coulson is just a stop gap for a season hence the loan deal, if we don't get Ronan I'm sure they have another target, but I wouldn't expect too.much more ins. 

3 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

Thing is your signing someone to warm the bench if Bates goes, I'd rather they put effort into buying Scales and have Milne and McCrorie as back up in the central area and from what I hear JG wants to see McKenzie in the CB role too. Coulson is just a stop gap for a season hence the loan deal, if we don't get Ronan I'm sure they have another target, but I wouldn't expect too.much more ins. 

Sometimes you have to sign players to warm the bench. You can't sign 22 first choice players as the wage bill would be way too high and there would probably be discontent from those who weren't playing.

We will get injuries or suspensions so it makes sense to sign a few back up options as cover.

9 hours ago, RabidGiraffe said:

MacKenzie was actually decent commentating on the Raith game.  Far more articulate than half the clowns they have on Radio Scotland on a Saturday afternoon.

One thing you notice about the Dons Aberdonian  youngsters nowadays (Ramsay, Barron, Milne, McKenzie etc) they speak well, no Kens or phits etc.

More middle  class upbringing?

28 minutes ago, torry_battery_ram said:

Sometimes you have to sign players to warm the bench. You can't sign 22 first choice players as the wage bill would be way too high and there would probably be discontent from those who weren't playing.

We will get injuries or suspensions so it makes sense to sign a few back up options as cover.

I'd rather give our youths games than some waste of space from middlesburgh as he's sounds absolutely honking, Jack Gurr vibes