Summer 2022 Transfer Window

You would guess we now go and get Dunne for somewhere between the £100k we were offering and the £300k.

But if we do that I think it makes the Coulson signing look really pointless given that both Scales and Dunne are regulars at left back.

So on that basis I can't see it being Dunne?

3 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

You would guess we now go and get Dunne for somewhere between the £100k we were offering and the £300k.

But if we do that I think it makes the Coulson signing look really pointless given that both Scales and Dunne are regulars at left back.

So on that basis I can't see it being Dunne?

Agree with this, if we were interested in Dunne why didn't we use Gallagher to sweeten the deal? Let's wait and see who it is. But surely replacement can't be any worse than Bates..

30 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye

Milne/McCrorie cover for Stewart 

Dunne cover for Scales 

Won't go down well on here though. 

I'd be happy with that... wasn't convinced in Dunne as a first choice especially if they wanted 300k for him... but as a back up and hopefully a much smaller fee then not a bad move.

Can't believe some Polish mugs are paying us 500k euros for Bates.

16 hours ago, thurso said:

Are we. Yesterday when we signed roberts the club said he was an attacking midfielder. Is that not ronans position. 

Yes,100%. Always been a top target. 

6 hours ago, MG_Don said:

Shayden Morris then?

Definitely a target which isn't new news to anybody. 

5 hours ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

Is McGrath still in the mix?

Went a bit quiet after looking fairly likely last week.

3 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

The remaining player Goodwin wants to take in is a winger? Doubt it, son.

Ronan and a winger are the targets just now.... Don't doubt it, son.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Durrant Dived said:

Hmmmm surely that money was already there if we were making bids? I would rather get the scales deal over the line with any cash, or buy a suitable replacement. 

Will be another Ryan Christie situation for us. Scales will do really well and end up featuring in Celtics first 11 for next season.

Wonder what the asking price for Connor Ronan is? If he's even available.

1 minute ago, BonnieDon said:

Will be another Ryan Christie situation for us. Scales will do really well and end up featuring in Celtics first 11 for next season.

Wonder what the asking price for Connor Ronan is? If he's even available.

Aye that's why it would be good to get the deal done now if possible, or January at latest. 

Pretty sure Hearts were quoted 500k from wolves for Ronan

43 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Aberdeen defender David Bates will undergo a medical at Legia Warsaw today, ahead of a move to the club. Legia will reportedly pay around half-a-million Euros for the Scotsman, who will be a replacement for Mateusz Wieteska. #TheDons

that is MENTAL

Go get Ronan 

A steal at 500k Bates has been immense fir Aberdeen and he is Scotland International to boot...there will be riots in Aberdeen over this...

• Upvote 1
41 minutes ago, NEM said:

Fucking hell I'll have some of what the Legia scouts have been smoking.  If that comes off surely it's the best bit of transfer business the dons have ever done

Totally agree. 

The last couple of years has been one shitstorm after another but the last few weeks have been a breath of fresh air.

Big Jim is certainly clearing the decks.

Ramirez next me thinks but would retain big Joe, as reckon he still has a part to play.