Summer 2022 Transfer Window

7 minutes ago, CCB III said:

RMC also right footed and not a great distributor. The same problem presents itself if he plays there. 

I'd be looking for a left footed centre half on loan who can supplement the squad 

For all Bates faults I'd say his distribution and taking the ball out of defence are his strong points!

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, Redmist1903 said:

For all Bates faults I'd say his distribution and taking the ball out of defence are his strong points!

I would agree.

He was poor last season and came in with no pre season, so struggled from the go. 

Not having him in the squad and taking RMC out of midfield is just hurting the team. Goodwin seems to be quite a stubborn bastard. 

49 minutes ago, CCB III said:

I would agree.

He was poor last season and came in with no pre season, so struggled from the go. 

Not having him in the squad and taking RMC out of midfield is just hurting the team. Goodwin seems to be quite a stubborn bastard. 

Agreed.All this shuttling around can't be helping.Rmc is missed in midfield and Scales needs to be alongside Stewart.And at the moment anyway Bates is the cover for central defence...

2 minutes ago, ERNIE said:

Agreed.All this shuttling around can't be helping.Rmc is missed in midfield and Scales needs to be alongside Stewart.And at the moment anyway Bates is the cover for central defence...

Appears McCrorie is the cover, which is fuckin daft. 

If he doesn't think the boy Milne is ready then loan him out and have Bates back in. 

40 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

Could Bates have been so shite last season because not only was he playing out of position but also playing next to Gallagher the bomb scare. 

Could be so.

On why he’s not been seen since the Polish encounter, is it the case that whatever injury issue caused his medical failure is also explaining the absence since?

21 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Could be so.

On why he’s not been seen since the Polish encounter, is it the case that whatever injury issue caused his medical failure is also explaining the absence since?

Legia pulled out of the deal because they secured their #1 target for the position. Apparently he was one of three players that were doing medicals at the time, all for the same position.

I'm guessing it's more of a confidence thing. The boy is obviously struggling mentally.

39 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Could be so.

16 minutes ago, 20two20 said:

Legia pulled out of the deal because they secured their #1 target for the position. Apparently he was one of three players that were doing medicals at the time, all for the same position.

I'm guessing it's more of a confidence thing. The boy is obviously struggling mentally.

Could well be he isn’t getting a game so he doesn’t pick up an injury as Aberdeen are still hopeful someone will bid for him

23 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

Could well be he isn’t getting a game so he doesn’t pick up an injury as Aberdeen are still hopeful someone will bid for him

Maybe, but with the season already underway, would a match fit player not be a more attractive proposition than one that has had no minutes of football?

If we are not bringing in defensive cover I would rather we give him a go than keep shuffling the team around. Especially since the players are all still getting used to playing together 

1 hour ago, 20two20 said:

Couldn't give less of a fuck about Ronan right now. Defensive cover first please, for the love of fuck.

Totally agree. A new attacking type player would be a nice to have, but I already think we can score goals. 

Our defence is all over the place, and short of cover. It is our number one issue right now. 

You could also argue a more commanding keeper that would instil some confidence at the back is also more important than an attacking midfielder 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, JojoJuan said:

Maybe, but with the season already underway, would a match fit player not be a more attractive proposition than one that has had no minutes of football?

If we are not bringing in defensive cover I would rather we give him a go than keep shuffling the team around. Especially since the players are all still getting used to playing together 

Could well be taking in more defensive cover but the last thing Aberdeen would want is to be paying Bates and the new player’s wages because Bates got injured and who’s to say it isn’t Bates that has requested he isn’t selected 

7 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

Could well be taking in more defensive cover but the last thing Aberdeen would want is to be paying Bates and the new player’s wages because Bates got injured and who’s to say it isn’t Bates that has requested he isn’t selected 

I guess ot could be that if he had something lined up, but I can't imagine many players requesting not to play and many employers being happy to pay wages on that basis either. 

Guess we will just have to wait and see

23 minutes ago, GeorgeStreetReds said:

A distinct lack of movement on another central defender and Ronan.

Not good.

I think I’d be happy to lose out on Ronan if we were to bring in another CB that can compete for a starting berth. Feel it’s a lot more important to get the defensive side right. 

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, slippers said:

I think I’d be happy to lose out on Ronan if we were to bring in another CB that can compete for a starting berth. Feel it’s a lot more important to get the defensive side right. 

As I said before. Don't think we'll bring in another CH permanent until we manage to offload Bates. If he's still with us within a couple of days of deadline day, I think we'll bring in a loan signing and then try to negotiate a pay-off agreement with Bates in the following weeks.