Summer 2022 Transfer Window

4 hours ago, AyrshireSheep said:

if we can ship out some of the deadwood (McLennan, Bates, Watkins, Ramirez) and bring in 2 quality players this team can achieve things this season. A versatile defender and a proper creative midfielder and i'd be happy. If we let Ramirez and Watkins go i'd like a striker but that's probably being a bit greedy. Already reliant on Bojan.

McLennan and Bates not even making the match day squads.

It's also pretty clear from how often he is using Ramirez and Watkins that he doesnt fancy them but I think Ramirez is going to stick it out in which case Goodwin needs to suck it up and use him

• Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

McLennan and Bates not even making the match day squads.

It's also pretty clear from how often he is using Ramirez and Watkins that he doesnt fancy them but I think Ramirez is going to stick it out in which case Goodwin needs to suck it up and use him

I'd be very surprised if Bates, McLennan and Watkins are here come the last week of the window. Ramirez a harder one to shift because i can't see anyone in England wanting him. MLS window now shut. 

3 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

I don't think there's any chance of Goodwin "sucking up" anything.

Not with the way he's handled these issues thus far.

It was wrong not to use Ramirez against Motherwell. Goodwin was just being wide. He's scored goals for us and notched an assist the week before. 

If Miovski was injured for a few weeks and we still had Ramirez it should be him stepping up ahead of Duk

9 hours ago, AyrshireSheep said:

I'd be very surprised if Bates, McLennan and Watkins are here come the last week of the window. Ramirez a harder one to shift because i can't see anyone in England wanting him. MLS window now shut. 

Yea i'd go with that but what a sickener the Warsaw deal fell through for Bates

25 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

Heard Cormack is back in Scotland this week? Or was I being told aload of crap?  is he here for the big summer signing☺️  I think out of the 4 that seem likey to go Ramirez Bates, Watkins and McLennan only Bates would command a fee? I feel the other 3 could end up leaving by Mutual Agreement? 

I'm sure he was here last week because somebody got a picture with him outside Pittodrie before the Motherwell game. Not sure i'd read too much into it. 

Reckon McLennan may go out on loan. Think with Watkins, Ramirez & Bates the club will be looking for a fee for them. Ramirez may stay to see out his contract &  that will depend on if we bring in anybody else as well. But personally I’d let them all go & free up wages to bring in possibly 1 or 2 more. 

2 hours ago, Dandys1983 said:

Heard Cormack is back in Scotland this week? Or was I being told aload of crap?  is he here for the big summer signing☺️  I think out of the 4 that seem likey to go Ramirez Bates, Watkins and McLennan only Bates would command a fee? I feel the other 3 could end up leaving by Mutual Agreement? 

Double big signings coming up,  The 2 Rs.   Cormack to break the bank to land Rogic and Ronan .  

1 hour ago, Dandiesmin68 said:

Reckon McLennan may go out on loan. Think with Watkins, Ramirez & Bates the club will be looking for a fee for them. Ramirez may stay to see out his contract &  that will depend on if we bring in anybody else as well. But personally I’d let them all go & free up wages to bring in possibly 1 or 2 more. 

Lets face it, no one's going to pay a fee for Watkins and Ramirez with both being the wrong side of 30 and well into the final year of their contracts. Bates with the best part of 2 years on his might have a smallish transfer value but I suspect in the cases of all 3 (and 4 if you include McLennan) the club would just be happy to get their wages off the books and would let them join another club for free if they could get themselves hooked up. 

In practice, I think we'll be lucky to get shot of 2 out of the 4....and even then I suspect it would involve loans with us covering at least 50% of their wages. I'll take a guess at McLennan out on loan for the season to an SFL side and Bates out on a 6 month loan to an EFL1/2 side as emergency cover for an injury to one of their players. 

25 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Lets face it, no one's going to pay a fee for Watkins and Ramirez with both being the wrong side of 30 and well into the final year of their contracts. Bates with the best part of 2 years on his might have a smallish transfer value but I suspect in the cases of all 3 (and 4 if you include McLennan) the club would just be happy to get their wages off the books and would let them join another club for free if they could get themselves hooked up. 

In practice, I think we'll be lucky to get shot of 2 out of the 4....and even then I suspect it would involve loans with us covering at least 50% of their wages. I'll take a guess at McLennan out on loan for the season to an SFL side and Bates out on a 6 month loan to an EFL1/2 side as emergency cover for an injury to one of their players. 

Bates on loan to Dundee Utd

McLennan on loan to Killie

Ramirez on loan to Fleetwood

Watkins on loan to some English Div 1 club

Sorted

On 8/19/2022 at 11:08 AM, zeroisgod76 said:

Maybe, if its a loan until the end of the season. He'll be 32 when his Aberdeen contract expires next Summer. I'd imagine he'll want to go back home where he's clearly more appreciated, comfortable and happier and have one last crack at the MLS while he still can.

I think that if Ramirez does ever go back to the States it won't be to an MLS club. It'll be the league/level below that, fitiver that is.

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, ERNIE said:

Is mcrorie cover for right back and both central defence positions?if so we need a doug rougvie type urgently that can play all 3 or maybe 4 defence positions as midfield only seems to work with mcrorie in there...

We need another defender unless he's going to start using Milne soon