Summer 2022 Transfer Window

14 hours ago, Tord31 said:

and 23 in total so if he'd got shot of Ramirez he'd have hit his often mentioned 22 players

22 is all very well but you probably need 3 more. A defender, a striker and a midfielder although with the amount of midfielders/wingers in the squad in this case it might be a 3rd keeper.

1 hour ago, Daysha said:

22 is all very well but you probably need 3 more. A defender, a striker and a midfielder although with the amount of midfielders/wingers in the squad in this case it might be a 3rd keeper.

22 is perfect with the likes of Harvey supplementing the squad when you get 3+ injuries.

It's just a bit random we've went heavy on wingers until January.

We need to develop Milne AND sign a Right Back (who can play centre back) or a Centre Back (who can play right back).

4 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

Stewart has played 10 times for crewe, less for us and the rest of his career at 1 team. Far from " a journeyman" in my eyes. Journeyman tag has fuck all to do with the divisions they are bouncing between surely it's just club? ???

It seems the definition of "journeyman" that I was using is the American definition..."an athlete who is technically competent but unable to excel"

Again, to my mind, Aberdeen are the biggest club that Stewart has and will ever play for. But I can guarantee there will be Wycombe supporters who think that EFL1 is a better standard of football outwith the arse cheeks and that as such, he's taken a downward step.

• Haha 1
34 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

22 is perfect with the likes of Harvey supplementing the squad when you get 3+ injuries.

It's just a bit random we've went heavy on wingers until January.

We need to develop Milne AND sign a Right Back (who can play centre back) or a Centre Back (who can play right back).

Yep..the much maligned utility defender....is what we need...

Milne is clearly seen as a prospect for the future and by not sending him on loan they see a pathway i.e he is backup when and if required for centre back.

As for right back, Jayden is a young player with raw potential and needs games to develop. He is in good physical condition with limited injury history and therefore one would assume will be fit most weeks. Signing another right back that is either second choice (in which case you are getting a worse player or wasting a wage) or to replace Jayden does not make sense if the goal is to develop him.

Defence is not as big a concern as the midfield in my opinion. Currently we are getting "bossed" in there unless the opposition goes down to 10 men.

• Upvote 1

Defence is easily the biggest area for catastrophic shambles with just one injury. That then weakens the midfield a fair bit by McCrorie having to drop back, which in turn weakens the defence even more also.

Ample  bodies that can be utilised all across the midfield. Next to fk all options at back, especially CH.

18 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Defence is easily the biggest area for catastrophic shambles with just one injury. That then weakens the midfield a fair bit by McCrorie having to drop back, which in turn weakens the defence even more also.

Ample  bodies that can be utilised all across the midfield. Next to fk all options at back, especially CH.

However the starting defence is ok compared to midfield (missing Barron of course) that is currently getting pushed around against physical sides. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, super_al said:

However the starting defence is ok compared to midfield (missing Barron of course) that is currently getting pushed around against physical sides. 

I think the defence is equally as bad (if not worse) against any half decent/capable or even full 11 team. 

Solid/confident defence is the main foundation to build from & allows for slight weaknesses further forward. Arguably 

2 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I think the defence is equally as bad (if not worse) against any half decent/capable or even full 11 team. 

Solid/confident defence is the main foundation to build from & allows for slight weaknesses further forward. Arguably 

We've not played defensive in any game yet (for some fucking bizarre reason our midfield 5 against celtic included vinnie, hayes, kennedy and polvara) so i'd not be so sure how we'll fare in a game we are up against it

45 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

We've not played defensive in any game yet (for some fucking bizarre reason our midfield 5 against celtic included vinnie, hayes, kennedy and polvara) so i'd not be so sure how we'll fare in a game we are up against it

Eh?

His preferred 11 and shape has the back 4 with McCrorie and Ramadani as holding midfielders. 
So 6 players defensive. That not enough for you?

1 hour ago, Glass half full said:

Eh?

His preferred 11 and shape has the back 4 with McCrorie and Ramadani as holding midfielders. 
So 6 players defensive. That not enough for you?

i'm just meaning it's not an exact science to say we'll concede hunners of goals against better teams as presumably we'll be playing more defensive in some of those games

8 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

It seems the definition of "journeyman" that I was using is the American definition..."an athlete who is technically competent but unable to excel"

Again, to my mind, Aberdeen are the biggest club that Stewart has and will ever play for. But I can guarantee there will be Wycombe supporters who think that EFL1 is a better standard of football outwith the arse cheeks and that as such, he's taken a downward step.

I would probably give you Stewart but my problem with the original poster was the plethora hyperbole 

To be pedantic surely journeyman by definition would mean a man of many clubs. Hence the usage of the word journey?

8 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Have some faith. I think we will be fine