Yes another poll

Yes another poll but basic question   

164 members have voted

1. 1. Should he or club act?

• Bin him (call it failed experiment)
    • Keep trying with him

10 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

That was just as bad as it was under Pele & MM. No question in my mind. Just because we had a decent second half performance v Celtic (like you said) doesn’t change that or make it better. 

Glass had us 9th in league & in serious danger of getting worse rather than better in reality. He also managed to get us very poorly knocked out of 3 cups within his 11 months & just 41 games. 

He is a worse manager than both MM & Pele & he had a far more generous chairman for transfers than either also. Especially in his first window.

The football from Glass (for me) was worse than either of them also. 

How & what you decide is relevant to the discussion is only relevant to you as I say what the fk I want 

Ok, if you're incapable of having a discussion,  framed around pertinent points then there's little point me persisting. It's too fucking boring.

3 hours ago, thurso said:

The football certainly wasn’t worse

It was though. Unless you are on the pishy ‘possession’ bandwagon where we play the ball back to CH’s  & Keeper as much as possible to keep the stats high.

Football was utter shite under Glass. Folk got all excited after a couple of ‘exciting’ games early on v European pub teams but it was all BS. The reality was dull shite Mcinnesball for the bulk of time Glass was here

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

It was though. Unless you are on the pishy ‘possession’ bandwagon where we play the ball back to CH’s  & Keeper as much as possible to keep the stats high.

Football was utter shite under Glass. Folk got all excited after a couple of ‘exciting’ games early on v European pub teams but it was all BS. The reality was dull shite Mcinnesball for the bulk of time Glass was here

You clearly didn’t see many games under McGee if you think the football was better. 

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Think I seen every game I wasn’t in attendance of on tv other than (thankfully) the 9-0 game as I was at Pittodrie for my wedding dance that day. Yes we got divorced 

Well then you would know we played some of our worst football ever under McGee. We didn’t play any good football under him. If we did it was very limited. 

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, thurso said:

Well then you would know we played some of our worst football ever under McGee. We didn’t play any good football under him. If we did it was very limited. 

Clearly we were shite but where is this ‘good football’ BS that we had under Glass? You are making out we were decent. We fkn weren’t. Glass ball was shite. Worse even than Mcinnesball. 

There is fk all to differentiate between Glassball & MM/Peleball. All were shite but Glass (IMO) was worst. Dull possession based shite with attempted deflection/disguise by him say ‘we’re trying to do things differently’ that some idiots bought into but all it was was to try & boost possession stats. 

5 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Clearly we were shite but where is this ‘good football’ BS that we had under Glass? You are making out we were decent. We fkn weren’t. Glass ball was shite. Worse even than Mcinnesball. 

There is fk all to differentiate between Glassball & MM/Peleball. All were shite but Glass (IMO) was worst. Dull possession based shite with attempted deflection/disguise by him say ‘we’re trying to do things differently’ that some idiots bought into but all it was was to try & boost possession stats. 

The problem with your argument isn’t that the football under glass was poor it’s the fact your saying it was worse than the football under McGee when it clearly wasn’t. McGee was down there with Alex miller in terms of the shit football we played 

8 minutes ago, thurso said:

The problem with your argument isn’t that the football under glass was poor it’s the fact your saying it was worse than the football under McGee when it clearly wasn’t. McGee was down there with Alex miller in terms of the shit football we played 

Bollocks. As far as I am concerned it is ONLY Alex Miller & possibly (at times) Craig Brown that could come close to competing with Glass for the dullest football we have ever played. 

Glassball maybe fooled you with some desperate attacks too late in games to try & recover something after 85 mins of dullard passy shite 

The football under Glass has been absolutely rotten. The results have been rotten. The fact he inherited a team that had finished in European places 8 years in a row and was given money to improve them was rotten. 

Dunno about mcghee but Pele certainly did a better job considering we were shocking when he took over and he was given a tenner to improve the squad…

spent the tenner on vodka as well

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Bollocks. As far as I am concerned it is ONLY Alex Miller & possibly (at times) Craig Brown that could come close to competing with Glass for the dullest football we have ever played. 

Glassball maybe fooled you with some desperate attacks too late in games to try & recover something after 85 mins of dullard passy shite 

So what exactly better about McGee then. Cos I saw nothing good in the teams play when he was managing the club 

1 minute ago, thurso said:

So what exactly better about McGee then. Cos I saw nothing good in the teams play when he was managing the club 

That’s a tough question to answer as it is comparing shades of shite but as I said, I struggle to remember any consistently shite football under any manager as bad as Glass & only Alex Miller (with some stages of Brown also) could possibly be deemed worse/more dull. 

Glass football was dire stuff. Smoke & mirror possession based SHITE 

8 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Glass football was dire stuff. Smoke & mirror possession based SHITE 

Thats exactly what it was. The last couple years under McInnes and then Glass - i've never felt so bored being at Pittodrie or away games. Immediately feeling like I just want to be anywhere else. Never felt like that watching the Dons. 

And it all aligns with Cormack coming in. He must think that is what attacking football is. Passing it around your back 4 and midfield aimlessly while the opposition stand off, not believing what you are doing considering youre a goal down

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Dandyesque said:

Still not as bad as McGhee though.

Anyone think Jerel Ifil would get a game for us at the moment?

No less so than the likes of JET, Gurr,Samuels, Jenks, Longstaff, Kennedy & McLennan ?‍♂️

but if you are comparing their signings you also have to compare what the team they came into & the budget & number of players each was allowed to sign. 

MM was given a pitiful budget after Calderwood had blown so much on so many ‘seasoned pros’ 

9 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

No less so than the likes of JET, Gurr,Samuels, Jenks, Longstaff, Kennedy & McLennan ?‍♂️

but if you are comparing their signings you also have to compare what the team they came into & the budget & number of players each was allowed to sign. 

MM was given a pitiful budget after Calderwood had blown so much on so many ‘seasoned pros’ 

I don't see JET, Gurr, Samuels and Longstaff getting many starts.

Be lucky to get as many combined as Ifil did alone.

McLennan and Kennedy are not Glass signings and have barely featured either anyway.

The Setanta deal collapsing was actually the reason McGhee had such a reduced budget.

But again, you're failing to grasp the point. It's not McGhee v Glass as managers (no contest based on overall records) its how bad the team was at playing. How shit we were.

8 minutes ago, Dandyesque said:

I don't see JET, Gurr, Samuels and Longstaff getting many starts.

Be lucky to get as many combined as Ifil did alone.

McLennan and Kennedy are not Glass signings and have barely featured either anyway.

The Setanta deal collapsing was actually the reason McGhee had such a reduced budget.

But again, you're failing to grasp the point. It's not McGhee v Glass as managers (no contest based on overall records) its how bad the team was at playing. How shit we were.

But as I have already stated (IMO) the football under Glass was utter garbage. Boring shite using dullard inverted triangle possession based smoke & mirrors tactics with the wide men turning around (as soon as a player came near) & ‘recycling’ possession back to the CH’s. 
Glass is second only to Alex Miller for me for the worst football I have seen us play consistently. He fooled a few with a couple of attacking games v pub sides in Europe early doors & his ‘doing things a little differently’ spiel but his football was fkn shite. 

On 2/15/2022 at 6:56 PM, fine-n-dandy said:

But as I have already stated (IMO) the football under Glass was utter garbage. Boring shite using dullard inverted triangle possession based smoke & mirrors tactics with the wide men turning around (as soon as a player came near) & ‘recycling’ possession back to the CH’s. 
Glass is second only to Alex Miller for me for the worst football I have seen us play consistently. He fooled a few with a couple of attacking games v pub sides in Europe early doors & his ‘doing things a little differently’ spiel but his football was fkn shite. 

You might be bored by possession football, but at least the current crop can pass a ball 

Just now, Dandyesque said:

Just so you know, because it's easy to forget, here's the squad...

J Langfield

C Mulgrew

R Foster

G MacDonald

Z Diamond

A Considine

M Kerr

S MacLean

D Mackie

S Aluko

J Paterson

D Young

S Duff

J Ifil

D Grassi

Any 2nd thoughts?

How many did he sign & on what budget did he have.

Also. You may hate them but in their time with us, Aluko & Mulgrew were fantastic players. 

12 minutes ago, Dandyesque said:

You just can't stay on the point when you know you're wring can you?

Aluko was only good when he wanted to be and that was before McGhee signed 

How the fk am I going off point? ?

The football was the worst I have witnessed under Glass (other than Alex Miller) I haven’t changed anything on this point,  you are the one trying to go off point trying to come up with random arguments such as naming squads to somehow make me think MY POINT & MY OPINION is wrong ?

Edit.  So Aluko was shite under MM was he? ?

1 hour ago, Dandyesque said:

Just so you know, because it's easy to forget, here's the squad...

J Langfield

C Mulgrew

R Foster

G MacDonald

Z Diamond

A Considine

M Kerr

S MacLean

D Mackie

S Aluko

J Paterson

D Young

S Duff

J Ifil

D Grassi

Any 2nd thoughts?

That squad would have us about 6-10 points better off right now than the current one

• Haha 1