Yes another poll

Yes another poll but basic question   

164 members have voted

1. 1. Should he or club act?

• Bin him (call it failed experiment)
    • Keep trying with him

1 hour ago, Don_Corleone said:

Supposing it does play out like this... defeat to Celtic, out of cup to Motherwell, draw to St Johnstone, draw or defeat to Motherwell...

We come into the Dundee United game off the back of that... that's the "Fergie Homecoming" game they're trying to sell out etc. Imagine the atmosphere there if it is a full house and we're losing that game. Team boo'd for 90 minutes and Glass sacked. Possibly the most embarrassing thing in the club's history.

Should never be allowed to get that far

I've written off the Celtic match as a defeat. Maybe not the total pumping that most expect....but maybe holding them to a draw until into the last 10 minutes when either we lose a comedy of errors goal or one of them fires in a 30 yard screamer.

He should then be in last chance saloon at Motherwell in the cup. Exit it.......even if it's done in a way that might be considered "unluckily".......and he should be gone. Indeed any manager with a modicum of moral fibre would be taking the decision out of Cormack's hands and resigning immediately anyway.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Supposing it does play out like this... defeat to Celtic, out of cup to Motherwell, draw to St Johnstone, draw or defeat to Motherwell...

We come into the Dundee United game off the back of that... that's the "Fergie Homecoming" game they're trying to sell out etc. Imagine the atmosphere there if it is a full house and we're losing that game. Team boo'd for 90 minutes and Glass sacked. Possibly the most embarrassing thing in the club's history.

That would be excruciating. It simply cannot be allowed to happen, the game against celtic, barring a miracle, should be glass's last. (I personally think the livingston game should have been.) we almost certainly will lose 3 nil to Motherwell in the cup, it's just how we roll, then St Johnston on Tuesday, can't see us getting any more than a point. I can't even lift myself to hope that I'll be proven wrong anymore. I just want this to be over. 

22 hours ago, super_al said:

One of the reasons Glass was hired (in my opinion) was to oversee the transformation of the football operation. He was willing to go through the turmoil as he was used to the Atlanta structure and not being in charge if recruitment. Very few managers would have been willing to risk their reputation.

Gunn will get one more chance at hiring a suitable replacement in my opinion. Glass may be made the scapegoat to please the fans.

What transformation?? A regression and he's a 100% spectacular success. That man is not a manager. That is fact, shouldn't be near AFC. 

Wouldn't have even been considered for the job if his big buddy wasn't the chairman. A dreadful appointment from day one  That is the only truth in his appointment, not a transition or transformation period. Suspected that he would be a failure from day one, looking like my gut feeling was correct. 

One guaranteed season ticket sale less next year if he's still in position which alarmingly looks very likely. 

17 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

What transformation?? A regression and he's a 100% spectacular success. That man is not a manager. That is fact, shouldn't be near AFC. 

Wouldn't have even been considered for the job if his big buddy wasn't the chairman. A dreadful appointment from day one  That is the only truth in his appointment, not a transition or transformation period. Suspected that he would be a failure from day one, looking like my gut feeling was correct. 

One guaranteed season ticket sale less next year if he's still in position which alarmingly looks very likely. 

I agree with you full heartedly now….time for Glass to go.

4 hours ago, Broken_Glass said:

We have made a shift away from the "traditional" model where a manager is in control of recruitment and hired several new positions in addition to trying to change the style of football. I would say that was the club attempting a transformation.

3 hours ago, super_al said:

We have made a shift away from the "traditional" model where a manager is in control of recruitment and hired several new positions in addition to trying to change the style of football. I would say that was the club attempting a transformation.

Key word here. Attempting but failing miserabley. 

The model they are trying to achieve requires the right people across the club. And well Dave has fucked it. 

• Upvote 1
22 hours ago, super_al said:

Clubs that do/try this ‘model’ generally appoint a competent/experienced manager that can handle it. Glass is completely the opposite for what is needed for this ‘model’ as you put it, so why in the hell do you think it can possibly work with a joke like Glass ‘chauffeuring’ the team?

His managerial record is absolutely pathetic. Especially when you look at his record at Atlanta first team. Worst in their short history. Team took a MASSIVE dive with him in charge, then started to pick up again as soon as he was gone. 
He had a fk load more experience & current knowledge of MLS as well than he did Scottish football. 
His appointment is the worst by any chairman of AFC & that is saying something when you consider the likes of Pele etc.

• Upvote 1
49 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Clubs that do/try this ‘model’ generally appoint a competent/experienced manager that can handle it. Glass is completely the opposite for what is needed for this ‘model’ as you put it, so why in the hell do you think it can possibly work with a joke like Glass ‘chauffeuring’ the team?

His managerial record is absolutely pathetic. Especially when you look at his record at Atlanta first team. Worst in their short history. Team took a MASSIVE dive with him in charge, then started to pick up again as soon as he was gone. 
He had a fk load more experience & current knowledge of MLS as well than he did Scottish football. 
His appointment is the worst by any chairman of AFC & that is saying something when you consider the likes of Pele etc.

What shite.

2 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

It’s hard to argue a case for Glass. He has truly been a dreadful appointment.

2 hours ago, Dandyesque said:

What shite.

It really isn’t. Counter any one of the points you claim to be shite with any type of argument to back your view. If you can.

edit. Your vote to keep trying with Glass only lessons your opinion of what is good/bad for the club. You are clearly in a pathetic minority of beauts 

5 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

It really isn’t. Counter any one of the points you claim to be shite with any type of argument to back your view. If you can.

edit. Your vote to keep trying with Glass only lessons your opinion of what is good/bad for the club. You are clearly in a pathetic minority of beauts 

Nah, I only voted that way to annoy you. 

And he's not the worst appointment - yet. I've seen worse.

I think I've gave Glass a fair chance so far, at this moment in time I'm saying heavy defeat v tims & out the cup to well & its goodbye, farewell, auf weiderschein....end of the line, then bring in somebody with experience to steady the ship & guide us till end of season, thrn let him build his team....again.

I posted this on another thread but I think it’s worth repeating on this one.

I read on another board that of all the Aberdeen managers in our clubs’ fine history, Glass has the second highest losing percentage. Quite an achievement, given some of the dross who have managed our club and some of the shocking teams they had to work with. Glass has to go. The main clueless. His tactics are shocking. 
the manager with the highest losing percentage. Step forward, Mr. Mark McGhee.

Finally, I’m absolutely astounded that 17 people (albeit just over 10%) have voted for “keep trying with him”. Utterly baffling.

32 minutes ago, Itsagoal said:

I read on another board that of all the Aberdeen managers in our clubs’ fine history, Glass has the second highest losing percentage. Quite an achievement, given some of the dross who have managed our club and some of the shocking teams they had to work with. Glass has to go. The main clueless. His tactics are shocking. 

Finally, I’m absolutely astounded that 17 people (albeit just over 10%) have voted for “keep trying with him”. Utterly baffling.

It’s amazing the people who will just vote to stay the same. Some people just don’t want change whether that is regarding football, politics, love life etc….a sad existence.

3 hours ago, Itsagoal said:

Just have a look at the list of those that voted to keep him ?

Had a look at odds for next managers for Sunderland or Walsall to see if any outside candidates! Can’t say it was too inspiring. Neil obviously but Steve Evans , the Kiddiminster manager Penn the new name on the rounds! I 100% think we need someone with Spl experience with at least 100 games under their management belt and someone who can actively develop a squad.