Yes another poll

Yes another poll but basic question   

164 members have voted

1. 1. Should he or club act?

• Bin him (call it failed experiment)
    • Keep trying with him

7 hours ago, beef_sister said:

A new manager might bring in new ideas in training that gets the players interested, A new manager could set the team up differently, That doesn't mean they have to be defensive. A new manager might be tactically more astute and get his message across more easily to the players

Your havering shite if you really think a different manager with a different approach would not do better than a man who's biggest job before he got the Aberdeen job was managinbg a reserve side

That’s ok if he’s allowed to manage without colgate teeth sticking his nose in and  picking and signing the players that would be needed to rebuild. 

12 hours ago, Simply Red said:

100%
I must be the same age. Took it for granted we would atleast beat everyone at home and Dunc and/or Mixu would score every week, home/away.

A lot of dire shit since them from Aitken till now. Calderwood/DM the only ones who gave us any joy. Ironic theyre the  managers out the whole sorry bunch since Miller who still get the most abuse. 

Sums up a lot of the Dons support.

I’d say Magoo trumps the other two… and is entirely justified. The other two made us a nearly but never there club. Is that enough? I’d say ultimately no. 

33 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

Not sure you understood my post.

magoo was a shambles from start to finish and remembered as such. 

Indeed but the implication I took was that other managers did not receive as much pelters as JC or McInnes and that’s imho not correct. However there is an element in the support that is content with nearly and not there and those managers seemed of a like mind - again imho. 

19 hours ago, AllyDon said:

Wanted it to work but it has been a complete failure. 

Glass is not entirely to blame. Cormack should never have given Glass the job. Nothing in Glass's CV suggested this experiment would ever be successful. 

Sadly I wouldn't trust Cormack to get the next appointment any better.

Agreed. I always said I'd hold out until after the end of the January window, but it's now clear the game is up. That said, I also stand firmly by my previous view that Cormack must shoulder the majority of blame here. If a proper recruitment process had been held (and let's not forget, they had until last Summer to appoint, there was no rush) we would most certainly have been able to source a better appointment. 

While I'm under no illusions about our standing in world football today, a club with annual European football and a genuine chance at both cup trophies is a decent proposition for a young up and coming manager, as well as someone looking to rebuild their career after a sacking. Yes, that makes us a stepping stone club, but still one that is capable of more. It's not too late for Cormack to turn this around and source someone, but he has to get it right next time AND properly back him. 

47 minutes ago, Jocky Balboa said:

Agreed. I always said I'd hold out until after the end of the January window, but it's now clear the game is up. That said, I also stand firmly by my previous view that Cormack must shoulder the majority of blame here. If a proper recruitment process had been held (and let's not forget, they had until last Summer to appoint, there was no rush) we would most certainly have been able to source a better appointment. 

While I'm under no illusions about our standing in world football today, a club with annual European football and a genuine chance at both cup trophies is a decent proposition for a young up and coming manager, as well as someone looking to rebuild their career after a sacking. Yes, that makes us a stepping stone club, but still one that is capable of more. It's not too late for Cormack to turn this around and source someone, but he has to get it right next time AND properly back him. 

Cormack is far too arrogant to admit his prawcess was fkn BS & his wee ‘best candidate’ was an absolute joke appointment with zero credentials 

One of the reasons Glass was hired (in my opinion) was to oversee the transformation of the football operation. He was willing to go through the turmoil as he was used to the Atlanta structure and not being in charge if recruitment. Very few managers would have been willing to risk their reputation.

Gunn will get one more chance at hiring a suitable replacement in my opinion. Glass may be made the scapegoat to please the fans.

17 hours ago, super_al said:

You have not answered my question. What would any new manager do? Any new manager would have the SAME poor and unbalanced squad with no control over recruitment. Pep at Man City would struggle with this lot. 

Give them a bit more of a game plan when going out onto the pitch - they look utterly clueless most of the time.

Fire them up a bit more to actually dig in and work for each other instead of being a bunch of wet wipes.

Stop playing players out of position.

Stop playing Funso Ojo.

Stop picking Teddy Invisible Jenks.

There's 5 things any half decent manager could do straight away to improve things.

On paper we can pick a pretty decent starting 11 by SPL standards - one which should be capable of beating most of the garbage in this league. It might require a change in formation to accommodate them in their correct positions though. 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Give them a bit more of a game plan when going out onto the pitch - they look utterly clueless most of the time.

Fire them up a bit more to actually dig in and work for each other instead of being a bunch of wet wipes.

Stop playing players out of position.

Stop playing Funso Ojo.

Stop picking Teddy Invisible Jenks.

There's 5 things any half decent manager could do straight away to improve things.

On paper we can pick a pretty decent starting 11 by SPL standards - one which should be capable of beating most of the garbage in this league. It might require a change in formation to accommodate them in their correct positions though. 

Agreed. A decent manager would certainly need to address who we play and stop picking players who offer next to nothing on the pitch. Ojo and Jenks are weak links in the team….we should have addressed that in the January window. They are both joke players….opposing managers will be rubbing their hands together when they see them in our starting eleven.

Cormack’s first choice as manager for our club was the reality check we all should have seen from the off. The lad was never going to succeed here with the set up we have. He was totally up against it from the start. If we go down the route of having coaches who had no experience of managing in Scottish football then we needed a very experienced and successful manager to take Scottish football by storm. We needed a manager who had a vision of getting players he knew who would strive in Scotland. Glass was just a cheap option and a good friend of Cormack. His first choice of player was one of his best friends in football who is a player of pedigree but is here to learn from Glass etc. Does Scott Brown see the deficiencies we have and argue them with Glass or does he just listen to Glass explaining how he does things….who knows but whatever happens isn’t beneficial to the team. The club is run by friends, we need to put a cat amongst the pigeons to keep everyone on their toes.

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Stunning insight this. 

if you took KDB, Silva, Sterling, Dias etc out and replaced them with Jenks, Ojo, Brown & Bates…. Pep would in fact struggle 

He'd get a better tune out of them than Glass though and that is a major part of the issue - Peps players by and large would run through a brick wall for him - I suspect many of ours wouldn't even open a door for SG

If we perform as badly, performance and results wise, in the remaining 5 matches of February then Cormack should grow a pair and shatter Glass.

Tims are on form and are likely to pump us on Wednesday.

Our away form is particularly brutal and, cup tie or not, cannot see us beating Well on the following Saturday.

Next we play St Johnstone on Tuesday 15th. If, as seems the case, they are beginning to turn the corner this is the type of game where the opposition will frustrate big time and sneak a draw or a 1-0 victory.

The Motherwell league match on 19th, see cup tie comments above 

Finally, if I am remotely correct regarding the outcomes above, and as already inferred by others, the "atmosphere" at the Dundee United game on the 26th is likely to be very toxic.

Surely the Snake Oil Salesman would get the message to act then?

1 hour ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

If we perform as badly, performance and results wise, in the remaining 5 matches of February then Cormack should grow a pair and shatter Glass.

Tims are on form and are likely to pump us on Wednesday.

Our away form is particularly brutal and, cup tie or not, cannot see us beating Well on the following Saturday.

Next we play St Johnstone on Tuesday 15th. If, as seems the case, they are beginning to turn the corner this is the type of game where the opposition will frustrate big time and sneak a draw or a 1-0 victory.

The Motherwell league match on 19th, see cup tie comments above 

Finally, if I am remotely correct regarding the outcomes above, and as already inferred by others, the "atmosphere" at the Dundee United game on the 26th is likely to be very toxic.

Surely the Snake Oil Salesman would get the message to act then?

Supposing it does play out like this... defeat to Celtic, out of cup to Motherwell, draw to St Johnstone, draw or defeat to Motherwell...

We come into the Dundee United game off the back of that... that's the "Fergie Homecoming" game they're trying to sell out etc. Imagine the atmosphere there if it is a full house and we're losing that game. Team boo'd for 90 minutes and Glass sacked. Possibly the most embarrassing thing in the club's history.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1