Yes another poll

Yes another poll but basic question   

164 members have voted

1. 1. Should he or club act?

• Bin him (call it failed experiment)
    • Keep trying with him

4 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Appointed Willie Miller manager, a man with a wealth of footballing experience but absolutely zero experience as a manager at any level. 

And it was a disaster. 

Pushed the financially doped huns all the way to start with and played some of the best fitba I've seen any dons side play. An ignominious end to his management career but for a couple of seasons his sides were flying

15 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Some of us are at the point where Yogi or Lennon... or maybe a Dream Team of Yogi AND Lennon... would be preferable to this shite, at least for the short term. 

Jesus fucking Christ 

• Upvote 2

Willie Miller did pretty well in his first two seasons and Roy Aitken won us a cup at least. I mean they ended up disasters but there were at least some highlights. Glass isn't even close to either of them. He's the worst manager we've had in our history - we're in total freefall and there's absolutely no signs to suggest he can do anything about it.

This week is pivotal - lose to Celtic is more or less expected at the moment, but if we go out of the cup on Saturday in addition to that, we are as well punting him and giving someone a couple months of this season to try and sort things out rather than wait until summer.

I don't think he has a clue what he's doing - very few managers ever resign these days, but he's never going to turn it around, and I'm not sure he's got the mentality to handle it if things get really nasty with the supporters, so with any luck he might walk.

2 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

Pushed the financially doped huns all the way to start with and played some of the best fitba I've seen any dons side play. An ignominious end to his management career but for a couple of seasons his sides were flying

Yeah, brought in Shearer and Mixu and had Jess and Booth as well. Growing up watching them was magic! Now we're having to suffer Kennedy, Ojo, McLennan and Jenks.

• Upvote 1
59 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Any manager with even a modicum of experience in management could & would make a far better job of this mess Glass has created.

Denying Glass of any blame on how he has us playing is ridiculous. 

How bad does he have to have us before you accept he is majorly to blame in this mess? I am not saying there aren’t others to blame also but for the moment Glass is the only one we can realistically change right now

What exactly would a different manager do? Make us hard to beat and more defensive? Fans did not like that style of football.

6 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

* Pushed the financially doped huns all the way to start with and played some of the best fitba I've seen any dons side play. An ignominious end to his management career but for a couple of seasons his sides were flying

** Jesus fucking Christ 

* He did, and people do like to say 'we were playing the best fitba ever' with the team he inherited, but regardless of whether it was footballing magic or not, his inexperience eventually told, he tried to do too much change at once, made horrendous signings, and it all went off the rails and into 'almost certain relegation' territory if he hadn't been fired aff the roof, (and if United weren't on one of their routine trips back to the second tier). 

** Exactly. Look what they've done to us. LOOK WHAT THEY'VE DONE TO US!

10 minutes ago, super_al said:

What exactly would a different manager do? Make us hard to beat and more defensive? Fans did not like that style of football.

Hopefully a different manager would address the lack of actual strikers, and bring in at least one (recalling Ruth doesn't count) quality striker to form a partnership with Ramirez.  Glass signed 3 more midfielders. 

In the Summer I suspect he's going to sign more midfielders. 

15 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Hopefully a different manager would address the lack of actual strikers, and bring in at least one (recalling Ruth doesn't count) quality striker to form a partnership with Ramirez.  Glass signed 3 more midfielders. 

In the Summer I suspect he's going to sign more midfielders. 

Glass is not in charge of recruitment and neither would the new manager. 

34 minutes ago, super_al said:

You genuinely think our performances/form/results are very little to do with the managers influence? ? 

Why exactly is Glass so blameless in this?

So (for example) if a 20 year younger Alex Ferguson came in to this team at beginning of season & was given the exact same squad, you believe we would be in same position & playing the same shite football has we are/have with Glass? Because that is effectively what you are saying by implying Glass is 100% blameless & no other manager could do things differently with same.

Why do we even have a manager if this is the case?

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

You genuinely think our performances/form/results are very little to do with the managers influence? ? 

Why exactly is Glass so blameless in this?

So (for example) if a 20 year younger Alex Ferguson came in to this team at beginning of season & was given the exact same squad, you believe we would be in same position & playing the same shite football has we are/have with Glass? Because that is effectively what you are saying by implying Glass is 100% blameless & no other manager could do things differently with same.

Why do we even have a manager if this is the case?

You have not answered my question. What would any new manager do? Any new manager would have the SAME poor and unbalanced squad with no control over recruitment. Pep at Man City would struggle with this lot. 

28 minutes ago, super_al said:

Glass is not in charge of recruitment and neither would the new manager. 

Perhaps a new manager would insist upon more involvement than Glass allegedly has.

I would hope that any prospective manager, upon being told, "This is Steven Gunn. He's going to decide what players you get." would say, "No fucking thanks, I'm capable of deciding that for myself." 

It's entirely possible that the Phantom Four Dave Cormack likes to tell us were in the running all told him to shove it when presented with the same proposal, of course, and I'd rather have THAT kind of guy in charge of the team than Stephen Glass. 

Assuming they did, in fact, exist at all. 

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Perhaps a new manager would insist upon more involvement than Glass allegedly has.

I would hope that any prospective manager, upon being told, "This is Steven Gunn. He's going to decide what players you get." would say, "No fucking thanks, I'm capable of deciding that for myself." 

It's entirely possible that the Phantom Four Dave Cormack likes to tell us were in the running all told him to shove it when presented with the same proposal, of course, and I'd rather have THAT kind of guy in charge of the team than Stephen Glass. 

Assuming they did, in fact, exist at all. 

The problem is that Cormack has stated that they ignored 80% of applications because these individuals wanted control of recruitment. It looks like it is the process for the foreseeable future. 

1 hour ago, Don_Corleone said:

Yeah, brought in Shearer and Mixu and had Jess and Booth as well. Growing up watching them was magic! Now we're having to suffer Kennedy, Ojo, McLennan and Jenks.

100%
I must be the same age. Took it for granted we would atleast beat everyone at home and Dunc and/or Mixu would score every week, home/away.

A lot of dire shit since them from Aitken till now. Calderwood/DM the only ones who gave us any joy. Ironic theyre the  managers out the whole sorry bunch since Miller who still get the most abuse. 

Sums up a lot of the Dons support.

1 hour ago, super_al said:

You have not answered my question. What would any new manager do? Any new manager would have the SAME poor and unbalanced squad with no control over recruitment. Pep at Man City would struggle with this lot. 

Anyone that has worked in any kind of team knows full well that a poor leader can only make things worse & a good leader can get the very best out of individuals & a team. 
Glass is clearly a very poor leader as he isn’t even getting the best out of any one single player in our group. 

Glass’s shiteness is clearly running down hill. 
Your denial of this is clear to see. Even to the extent of ignorantly denying that ANYONE at all could make a better job of the tools he has.

Ever heard the saying that a bad workman blames his tools?

You are supporting that sentiment by implying that it is solely the tools that are poor & the one using them isn’t 

• Upvote 1

I take it when Glass took over at Atlanta & they went seriously down hill it wasn’t any of his fault there either eh? When they went from a title winning side not long prior to him losing 50% of their games & winning just 26%

just have a look at Atlanta’s ‘records’ section here https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlanta_United_FC

It goes from 2017 to present 

Guess who was in charge for their worst ever period (2020) & basically their only really poor period compared to the rest 

Not his fault though at all eh @super_al

it’s clearly all on the players ?

3 hours ago, super_al said:

A new manager might bring in new ideas in training that gets the players interested, A new manager could set the team up differently, That doesn't mean they have to be defensive. A new manager might be tactically more astute and get his message across more easily to the players

Your havering shite if you really think a different manager with a different approach would not do better than a man who's biggest job before he got the Aberdeen job was managinbg a reserve side

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Simply Red said:

100%
I must be the same age. Took it for granted we would atleast beat everyone at home and Dunc and/or Mixu would score every week, home/away.

A lot of dire shit since them from Aitken till now. Calderwood/DM the only ones who gave us any joy. Ironic theyre the  managers out the whole sorry bunch since Miller who still get the most abuse. 

Sums up a lot of the Dons support.

Great post, agreed add in mckimmie, Irvine, bett and joe miller we expected nothing but solid performances from good hardy professionals!, now we are stuck watching these wannabe charlatans that call themselves footballers with appalling chairman/management team and glass, it’s becoming hurtful now

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Anyone that has worked in any kind of team knows full well that a poor leader can only make things worse & a good leader can get the very best out of individuals & a team. 
Glass is clearly a very poor leader as he isn’t even getting the best out of any one single player in our group. 

Glass’s shiteness is clearly running down hill. 
Your denial of this is clear to see. Even to the extent of ignorantly denying that ANYONE at all could make a better job of the tools he has.

Ever heard the saying that a bad workman blames his tools?

You are supporting that sentiment by implying that it is solely the tools that are poor & the one using them isn’t 

34 minutes ago, beef_sister said:

A new man ager might bring in new ideas in training that getsthe players interested, A new manager could set the team up differently, That doesn't mean they have to be defensive. A new manager might be tactically more astute and get his message across more easily to the players

Your havering shite if you really think a different manager with a different approach would not do better than a man who's biggest job before he got the Aberdeen job was managinbg a reserve side

Glass might not be the right man, but the quality of attacking options is so poor. The  shooting, passing and crossing from the likes of Hayes and Ojo is so poor I honestly don't think anyone could improve them. The players aren't good enough.

What difference is a new manager going to make with having just one senior striker in the squad? Who does he replace Superman with? What difference is a new manager going to make with terrible wingers and no quality number 10 in the squad? The only option is to pick from several central midfielders and some crocked centre backs. Your kidding yourselves if you think a new manager could make a better fist of things. 

9 hours ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

Jesus fucking Christ 

Have to agree with both your replies here. 
Correct on Miller, and fuck no on Lennon/ Hughes

Glass 100% had input on the summer transfer window. Mowbray wasn’t even here and Gunn wouldn’t have had a list of targets from his time as the tea lady to get going straight away.

Until the recruitment improves we’ll be nowhere near where the club has said it plans to be. Imagine saying you want to be a top 100 club then going out and signing guys like Gurr and JET….

Still don’t feel we are quite as bad as McGhee’s time yet, but it’s getting very close.

5 hours ago, super_al said:

Glass might not be the right man, but the quality of attacking options is so poor. The  shooting, passing and crossing from the likes of Hayes and Ojo is so poor I honestly don't think anyone could improve them. The players aren't good enough.

What difference is a new manager going to make with having just one senior striker in the squad? Who does he replace Superman with? What difference is a new manager going to make with terrible wingers and no quality number 10 in the squad? The only option is to pick from several central midfielders and some crocked centre backs. Your kidding yourselves if you think a new manager could make a better fist of things. 

I get what you’re saying, you have a fair point. 
A decent manager improves players though. Rodger’s seemed to do it wherever he went as an example. Our players seem to be deteriorating. I know Ramsay and Mackenzie were injured for a fair while, but their early season form has now fallen off a cliff. 
You could argue that McCrorie and Bates have improved this season, but you could argue against that as well. 

5 hours ago, super_al said:

@minijcintresting that your in the Glass out camp. Do you know if something is happening behind the scenes?

Personal opinion but I wouldn't be surprised if a move was made, timing of it wouldn't be too bad with what is available. 

1 hour ago, RED_JOHN said:

He doesn’t even know what is happening in his own house.

Lol, good one you ginger creep. 

1 hour ago, Glass half full said:

I get what you’re saying, you have a fair point. 
A decent manager improves players though. Rodger’s seemed to do it wherever he went as an example. Our players seem to be deteriorating. I know Ramsay and Mackenzie were injured for a fair while, but their early season form has now fallen off a cliff. 
You could argue that McCrorie and Bates have improved this season, but you could argue against that as well. 

Glass has no inspiration in him, fire up the team , ????  He couldn’t even light a coal fire. When he would put a match to it the fire would tell him to piss off like the present bunch of damp squibs.