Glass Sacked

6 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Being a better manager than Glass is not the barometer to use.

Its like saying you’re a better child minder than Kate & Gerry McCann. 

That’s just bollocks

i think a better manager than Glass is a prerequisite 

As I I have said Goodwin is my first choice. We dodged a bullet with Maloney. I would also have liked Alex Neil but he has no interest of managing in Scotland. So stuff all these ridiculous left field suggestions and appoint Goodwin. If we can’t get him then I am still of the opinion Ross would do ok 

6 minutes ago, Kilgore Trout said:

Was it really a clustetfuck ? 

Urban myth 

far better manager than Glass

as I have said Cormack needs to dig into his pooch and get Goodwin 

I don’t want either of them or the usual suspects that get mentioned when a team in our league need a manager. They are all diddys. We need someone who has a better knowledge of players who they know we could get and will improve our team. 
I still reckon Scott Brown will get the job soon enough though and that’s why he is here so it doesn’t really matter who we suggest. He is the strong favourite for the gig.

4 minutes ago, Dave Bus said:

Goodwin? Fuck me surely not, can aim a bit higher than that. Jack Ross until the end of the season might be an idea, give him a chance to prove himself but wouldn’t be committing to a long term contract with him.

What have you got against Goodwin ? Far less resources than Aberdeen above them and Hibs in the league and beaten both in the last 2 weeks 

St Mirren didn’t play well against us but in the main play decent attacking football 

3 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

I don’t want either of them or the usual suspects that get mentioned when a team in our league need a manager. They are all diddys. We need someone who has a better knowledge of players who they know we could get and will improve our team. 
I still reckon Scott Brown will get the job soon enough though and that’s why he is here so it doesn’t really matter who we suggest. He is the strong favourite for the gig.

Just shut up you clueless cunt 

• Upvote 2
17 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

My guess is we’ll appoint Jack Ross.

He’s available & he talks a good game & will come across well in an interview.

He would  be an uninspiring choice though.

My choice would be one of Knutsen at Bodo Glimt, or Grant McCann maybe. 

Given the American links, we might even look at Raphael Wicky, recently sacked by Chicago Fire after he’d had a good record as manager at Basel, the US under 18’s. 

I don’t think it’ll be Ross. Cormack will have got the low down on him from his USA mate Ron Gordon. Just cos he’s available doesn’t make him any more appealing.

As I said earlier, if we have to wait till the summer (for whatever reason) to get Goodwin, I think we’ll do that, and leave Robson in place till the summer.

10 minutes ago, Kilgore Trout said:

That’s just bollocks

i think a better manager than Glass is a prerequisite 

As I I have said Goodwin is my first choice. We dodged a bullet with Maloney. I would also have liked Alex Neil but he has no interest of managing in Scotland. So stuff all these ridiculous left field suggestions and appoint Goodwin. If we can’t get him then I am still of the opinion Ross would do ok 

Ross wouldn’t be the worst, but he’d be underwhelming. 
Bottled it in big games at Hibs & failed at Sunderland.

I’d have Goodwin before Ross.

Then again, ANY manager who thinks Curtis Main is a footballer is worth a watchin’ 

15 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Interesting wee gem from Richard Gordon (I think it was, or might have been Craig Levein) on the radio there that apparently we sounded out Alex Neil last week, just before he went to Sunderland.

Make of that what you will. 

And not surprisingly turned us down, if true 

He’s always been pretty open about wanting a decent job in England. 

12 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

You are obviously going through a bad time of the month….arguing with everyone over absolutely nothing. You are very huffy Fishy. Clean your knickers and don’t contact me again….keep in touch with yourself.

I am going to piss off the rest of the board by quoting you again you absolute roaster 

Just what the fuck is that post meant to mean window licker ? 

If it’s an attempt at a comedic put down then seriously Wtf ?

At least you are consistent. You   spent years basically regurgitating the same anti Mcinnes posts ad nauseam on Ab Mad hundreds of fucking posts saying exactly the same thing.

You post about the square root of fuck all over and over again . 

you know next to nothing about football.

You are just a disease min. 

25 minutes ago, Kilgore Trout said:

I am going to piss off the rest of the board by quoting you again you absolute roaster 

Just what the fuck is that post meant to mean window licker ? 

If it’s an attempt at a comedic put down then seriously Wtf ?

At least you are consistent. You   spent years basically regurgitating the same anti Mcinnes posts ad nauseam on Ab Mad hundreds of fucking posts saying exactly the same thing.

You post about the square root of fuck all over and over again . 

you know next to nothing about football.

You are just a disease min. 

Someone is angry :hysterical:

Enjoy your Sunday Fishy. Don’t over complicate things by debating with others. Just watch songs of praise and you will be better for it. 
Do you pout when you take a selfie?

1 hour ago, slippers said:

You would actually take Jack Ross after the cluster fuck at Hibs?

They were on a bad run. But were in a cup final.

Maloney hasn't done a whole lot better and he got to add a fair few players to the squad in January

Ross was bombed out there as least as much because he was seen as by their yank owner as Leeann Dempster's man. 

I don't think he's brilliant by any means and he wouldn't get the support salivating at the prospect of us appointing him. But I am absolutely certain he's got enough about him to steady the ship and keep us out of relegation bother. We aren't out of the running for the last European spot yet either although I think our squad is just too poor overall to expect any manager to we might appoint to make it.

The big advantage he has over a lot of names mentioned is that he's a free agent so no compensation due unlike Goodwin for example. I think you would be naive if you don't think this would have crossed Cormack's mind. Maybe he'll loosen the purse strings but lets face it.......when he appointed Glass, he was undoubtedly appointing the budget option (as well as the best buddy option)

2 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

Someone is angry :hysterical:

Enjoy your Sunday Fishy. Don’t over complicate things by debating with others. Just watch songs of praise and you will be better for it. 
Do you pout when you take a selfie?

Fair play Red Dong. It really  doesn’t matter what I say does it ? As Stewart Lee said about James Corden. It’s like a dog listening to classical music 

I should have learnt my lesson years ago. 

I almost envy you . Keep fighting the fight .

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Well if it's up to Ron Gordon to advise Colgate then Ross won't be the man , him and Ross didn't agree big time,

It's common knowledge is it not that Colgate put in a good word with his mate Gordon regarding Maloney, apparently Maloney made a good impression on Colgate during our last manager search even though Glass was a done deal

5 minutes ago, Kilgore Trout said:

Fair play Red Dong. It really  doesn’t matter what I say does it ? As Stewart Lee said about James Corden. It’s like a dog listening to classical music 

I should have learnt my lesson years ago. 

I almost envy you . Keep fighting the fight .

You never answered my question Fishy? Do you pout when you take a selfie? 
Who do you want as the next Dons boss Fishy?