Glass Sacked

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

And if the interim manager does well, you offer him the job?

Jack Ross is free (groan).

He talks a good game & is articulate…Cormack will love that. 

Was he not actually quite harshly treated at hibs?

Was in a cup final and got sacked?

He used to be my neighbour, I knew this was written in the stars

We went to view his house actually with a view to buying 

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, redone said:

Jack Ross the most obvious in that category.

I refuse to even consider Lennon as a possibility.

I hope Jack Ross’s CV is shredded as soon as it arrives. He’s like a worse version of DM. 
Personal view, tin hat on and I have general despised him, but Lennon wouldn’t be a bad appointment at all. 

8 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

Survive relegation. Win our game in hand and we’re a point off fourth. We ain’t bottom and almost cut a drift so stop the relegation talk.

We are in free fall. In only takes a couple of wins to catch up with us. If we lose on Tuesday, we are in trouble.

Glass' departure may be the catalyst to us getting fourth,

Jack Ross, a no for me.

Never moved from his base in NE England and spent the best part of 4 hours most days in his motor. Fair play, that was his decision, and he explains it here.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-boss-jack-ross-opens-life-north-east-and-why-hes-kept-his-base-england-rather-make-move-back-north-2848424

Used to wind up the Management hierarchy at Hibs and one of the reasons he was binned in the end.

Neil Lennon has well known issues with dealing with pressure and alcohol sadly. Would probably get a short term bounce. That’s his modus operandi before falling out with everyone around him. Uneasy about him joining. I think he’d deliver better results wise in the short term though than an in-house operation involving Robson and Simmie etc.

Dont think Lennon is the right fit either.

2 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

We are in free fall. In only takes a couple of wins to catch up with us. If we lose on Tuesday, we are in trouble.

Glass' departure may be the catalyst to us getting fourth,

With Glass still in charge I’d agree but with him gone I can’t see us getting pulled into a relegation battle

• Upvote 1
35 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I feel sorry for him to an extent.

I don’t dislike him, he just wasn’t up to it.

He was offered a job he’d never refuse. 
He took it. 

The fact he wasn’t up to it should be of no surprise to anyone as he had no CV to back it up. 

The fault lies with Dave Cormack for the appointment & the lies about a process 

How I feel as well. 

I wanted it to work but always knew it wouldn't. 

Don't have much faith that Cormack will get it right 2nd time around and Gunn is another one way out his depth in his current role. 

16 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Let's see. Big decision coming up now 

Spot on. Cormack in reality will need to get his next appointment right. He will have to go for experience and I hope someone with no previous connection to Aberdeen. Please give us someone who will excite us from the start. Appointing someone from the Scottish Premiership should be scrubbed…they are dreadful. Give us someone who will do something different and bring in proper players who will play to their strengths. No mucking around with more diddy appointments.

22 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

Nope - just didn't have the ability to be a manager. Was backed heavily in the summer, brought in his own team and made an arse of it.

Good riddance.

Glass was hung to dry by the Aberdeen board ,they did not back him in any of the transfer windows , and sold a few from under him ,tight arse pricks ,they did the same last year to mc kindness.Any incoming manger would be well advised to take note .

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, RED_JOHN said:

Spot on. Cormack in reality will need to get his next appointment right. He will have to go for experience and I hope someone with no previous connection to Aberdeen. Please give us someone who will excite us from the start. Appointing someone from the Scottish Premiership should be scrubbed…they are dreadful. Give us someone who will do something different and bring in proper players who will play to their strengths. No mucking around with more diddy appointments.

“Give us someone who excites us/Do something different/bring in proper players”

:banghead:

12 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

Thats a fair point actually - you can see Ross being Cormack's cup of darjeeling. A nice shine but nae a lot of substance when you scratch the surface IYAM

Not so sure. McInnes clearly wasn't Cormack's cup of tea and many would say Ross is quite similar to McInnes. 

I have no idea who the next manager should be to be honest. Jamie McGrath was right to be cautious about coming here people looking in from the outside could clearly see things were not right at the club. Glass had to go his away record especially was abysmal. 

For more than a few months, every morning I went online to read the BBC sports news.

Each time I was hoping to see the numerous possible headlines that all would mean the same thing and that was to announce the departure of our failed manager.

Not before time, this morning there was first a hint of it and thankfully later confirmed. I did initially have doubts that it may not happen today after the pathetic after match statement made by Glass yesterday. I don’t jump for joy but I’m relieved that the delayed action has finally happened.

I like others don’t wish Stephen anything less than good luck with his future. Unfortunately, as most of us knew beforehand he was not the ideal candidate for the job and we also know who was responsible for the decision in appointing him in the first place.

One thing still is of concern and that is we still have the same players on the field, so I dearly hope the temporary appointments manage to rescue our already depleted season.

I was going to post earlier as to whom I’d prefer as our possible new manager and to be honest, akin to a few other posters on here, my choice would be Jim Goodwin. He’s a young ambitious manager who has done quite well with limited resources. I cringe a little about some of the other suggestions.

I’ll also have to say that the last manager we appointed from St Mirren did quite well.

32 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

Nope - just didn't have the ability to be a manager. Was backed heavily in the summer, brought in his own team and made an arse of it.

Good riddance.

Erm yes he was hung out to dry as soon as the appointment was made. Anyone could tell he was under qualified. Weird comment. You can stop being obsessed with him now.