Glass Sacked

34 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Cormack trying to save face before the Fergie visit when he could have done this ages ago if he really wanted to salvage any goodwill from the support. 

He can fuck off as well. 

Every club has appointed managers that have been disastrous at least Cormack has now acted. He fucked up and by sacking Glass he has obviously realised that so let's see if he can get the next appointment right before we say he can fuck off too. Cormack has been far from perfect but he delivered in a couple of years (a proper training facility) what Milne failed to do in 20+ years. Let's not write him off yet. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Love Simmie. Club legend…. But he’s no coach or manager. 

Robson & Brown caretakers ?

Until a “process” takes place (no laughing) 

feels to junior to me - no experience at all

Interim manager who is currently out of work till the end of season 

wont be anyone at a club currently as it needs to be fast

3 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

Every club has appointed managers that have been disastrous at least Cormack has now acted. He fucked up and by sacking Glass he has obviously realised that so let's see if he can get the next appointment right before we say he can fuck off too. Cormack has been far from perfect but he delivered in a couple of years (a proper training facility) what Milne failed to do in 20+ years. Let's not write him off yet. 

Away min. 

He's been caught lying on numerous occasions.  The only thing Dave Cormack cares about is Dave Cormack. 

Can see through him from a mile away 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Roberto said:

I don't think now is the time for rubbing noses in it.

I was one of those people, and let's be honest - the way things have gone and the radio interview given by Cormack was a clear indication of WHY people like myself were like that. It's not a point scoring exercise here, I genuinely didn't think Cormack had the balls to sack him after backing him and everything that has gone with Cormack (being his mate etc).

I feel for Glass but thank fuck that pain is over. I hope more due diligence is done and more time is taken over the next appointment and it isn't someone from Atlanta.

The experiment failed, the pain is over.

Now let's go get Europe.

People were saying it like it was fact. Fair enough however.

• Upvote 1

I take no pleasure in seeing us having to sack Stephen Glass. He wasn’t ready to be the Dons manager and was gifted the job through friendship. We need someone with a bit something about them to take the reigns now. Someone who will genuinely excite the fans with bringing in a decent team with a decent attacking style. Cormack and Gunn have a second attempt to put this right. This could well be their last effort if it doesn’t go right.

7 minutes ago, Bamber said:

feels to junior to me - no experience at all

Interim manager who is currently out of work till the end of season 

wont be anyone at a club currently as it needs to be fast

Jack Ross the most obvious in that category.

I refuse to even consider Lennon as a possibility.

8 minutes ago, Roberto said:

I don't think now is the time for rubbing noses in it.

I was one of those people, and let's be honest - the way things have gone and the radio interview given by Cormack was a clear indication of WHY people like myself were like that. It's not a point scoring exercise here, I genuinely didn't think Cormack had the balls to sack him after backing him and everything that has gone with Cormack (being his mate etc).

I feel for Glass but thank fuck that pain is over. I hope more due diligence is done and more time is taken over the next appointment and it isn't someone from Atlanta.

The experiment failed, the pain is over.

Now let's go get Europe.

I was also one of those who thought he'd get the year. 

I'm not saying I don't think he shouldn't have been sacked - clearly the results merited a sacking.  However, I still don't see what Cormack was trying to do... if you appoint a rookie, surely you commit to giving them time regardless?  I don't personally think we were in any danger of getting relegated this season... quite a few will probably disagree with me there though.

3 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

Feel sorry for Glass. No bitterness towards him.

Hopefully we get it right this time.

Survive relegation this season and kick on in the summer.

Survive relegation. Win our game in hand and we’re a point off fourth. We ain’t bottom and almost cut a drift so stop the relegation talk.

7 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Away min. 

He's been caught lying on numerous occasions.  The only thing Dave Cormack cares about is Dave Cormack. 

Can see through him from a mile away 

Milne talked bollocks and lied for 20+ years. Let's see if Cormack can get the next appointment right. If Milne was still at the helm there would be no training facility as I said Cormack has been far from perfect but he's delivered some good things including putting a lot of his own personal money in. I'm willing to give him the chance to see if he can learn from his mistakes. If he doesn't learn then fair enough.

I wasnt thinking on anyone in particular but Would be daft for a working manager in scotland to leave his club now before the split unless he is unaffected by the split so forget that

robson/brown too inexperienced robson has half a season in charge of the reserves

so it has to be someone out of work for 1/2 a season

so ross/lennon/tommy wright

ross in till june is my guess

Just now, Shinniesta said:

Milne talked bollocks and lied for 20+ years. Let's see if Cormack can get the next appointment right. If Milne was still at the helm there would be no training facility as I said Cormack has been far from perfect but he's delivered some good things including putting a lot of his own personal money in. I'm willing to give him the chance to see if he can learn from his mistakes. If he doesn't learn then fair enough.

Let's see. Big decision coming up now