Glass Sacked

2 hours ago, donswin1983 said:

I hope Jack Ross’s CV is shredded as soon as it arrives. He’s like a worse version of DM. 
Personal view, tin hat on and I have general despised him, but Lennon wouldn’t be a bad appointment at all. 

That post started so well. Then went rapidly downhill ?

• Haha 2

It was an experiment that failed. Now need to move on.

My initial thoughts were with Jack Ross, but after reading on here that he has commuted from NE England when he was at Hibs gives me doubts as to the impact that might have on his level of commitment. I have had experience of long distance commuting and it can be a very soul destroying experience.

Ross would be almost an obvious choice because of his availability and lack of compensation. In some ways, we would almost be in a repeat pattern with strong similarities to the McInnes acquisition.

Perhaps we should be looking elsewhere such as those managers who have a reasonable record in England in Leagues 1 and 2 and have done well with limited resources. For example, Motherwell havent done badly with Graham Alexander. There must be others like him who have potential. It may not lead to the elusive sunlit uplands of the desired free flowing attacking football that Cormack dreams about, but perhaps a steady existence in the top 6 is all we should be aspiring to. With an occasional cup win of course. Sounds like Deja Vue in a way.

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Simply Red said:

If Cormack gets another rookie in or some Atlanta cunt then Cormack has to step aside once that inevitably fails cos we’ll be playing in the Championship and it will 100% be his fault. 

He clearly doesnt have a clue about fitba and needs to stop making the fitba decisions. 

That’s why we need a DoF who is an experienced “football man”.

Not just some hard working individual who’s been around the club for years in an administrative capacity.

I’m not suggesting him as DoF, but a Strachan type as DoF, who’s heavily involved in the appointment of a Head Coach. 

Just now, WesthillWanderersFC said:

That’s why we need a DoF who is an experienced “football man”.

Not just some hard working individual who’s been around the club for years in an administrative capacity.

I’m not suggesting him as DoF, but a Strachan type as DoF, who’s heavily involved in the appointment of a Head Coach. 

I think DoF at our level is a waste of time. Let the manager make all the decisions. Just get an experienced manager instead of a rookie. Wonder if Scott Brown wants to stick around now his pals gone? 

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

I think DoF at our level is a waste of time. Let the manager make all the decisions. Just get an experienced manager instead of a rookie. Wonder if Scott Brown wants to stick around now his pals gone? 

You may be right but that’s the structure that the club are following. 

And I think Brown may well leave in the summer, although depends on who the manager/Head Coach is. 
To be honest the midfield will be completely overhauled in the summer.

Brown could be gone.  
Ferguson almost certainly away.  
Ojo & McGeouch at the end of their contracts.  
Jenks back to Brighton.

Massive rebuilding job for whoever is in place. 

22 minutes ago, Kilgore Trout said:

Has to be Goodwin does it not ?Jack Ross at a push. Tord min how many times do I have to tell you Robson is a fucking simpleton 

My guess is we’ll appoint Jack Ross.

He’s available & he talks a good game & will come across well in an interview.

He would  be an uninspiring choice though.

My choice would be one of Knutsen at Bodo Glimt, or Grant McCann maybe. 

Given the American links, we might even look at Raphael Wicky, recently sacked by Chicago Fire after he’d had a good record as manager at Basel, the US under 18’s.