Ross McCrorie

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Absolutely and McCrorie should have realised that when he went on loan to Portsmouth and they weren't interested in keeping him. 

It was widely publicised that he struggled to find one position that he nailed down at Portsmouth and they ended up settling for right back. Sound familiar? 

• 2 months later...
8 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

So it appears the scouts that were there last night were there to see McCrorie 🤔

He had a very decent game too, so could get a few quid in summer for him ‘unexpectedly’ 

If we had to sell one of our assets to fund a rebuild in the summer, he would be the one I'd be most comfortable with letting go. If we got £1m for him and used it to tie up Pollock, Scales and MacDonald that would be a good deal. Finding an athletic, aggressive replacement at RB surely wouldn't be too tough - maybe even get Ramsay back on loan for the season if we're in the group stages of Europe...

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

If we had to sell one of our assets to fund a rebuild in the summer, he would be the one I'd be most comfortable with letting go. If we got £1m for him and used it to tie up Pollock, Scales and MacDonald that would be a good deal. Finding an athletic, aggressive replacement at RB surely wouldn't be too tough - maybe even get Ramsay back on loan for the season if we're in the group stages of Europe...

Agreed.

Tbf though I do like McCrorie when he powers in late to the opposition box. He lacks that final bit of skills needed to be a stand out in that sense but he looks the part sometimes 🤣

He reminds me of a poor man’s McTominay when he does it. Not that I am saying McTominay is something special, he just has some certain strengths that stand out

15 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Agreed.

Tbf though I do like McCrorie when he powers in late to the opposition box. He lacks that final bit of skills needed to be a stand out in that sense but he looks the part sometimes 🤣

He reminds me of a poor man’s McTominay when he does it. Not that I am saying McTominay is something special, he just has some certain strengths that stand out

Yeah, ideally I would be quite keen to keep him, I think RB is where he's best suited and he fits in quite well to the current system and team. He does lack a bit of finesse at times which is why he'll never play at a significantly higher level than us - Championship down south will be his ceiling, and he'll be lucky if he ever gets more than a few Scotland caps, if any.

The ideal would actually be if we could sell Barron for some decent money as he's hardly featured anyway. I don't think he'll fetch very much though given his lack of game time this season. But if we have to sell one asset, Barron then McCrorie would be the best options so we can hold on to the likes of Duk and Miovski.

3 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

I’d be stunned if we got £1 million for him. Can’t hold down a place in midfield or centre back and when he’s at right back he can surely, at best, be described as Michael Hart…. Who was decent enough but left us for about 100k

3 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

While I think we can do better than McCrorie at RB, I’d be reluctant to let him go unless it’s a really good offer.

He’s our starting RB and can provide cover at CB and CM. You’d need to sign a few players to replace him.

I agree with this.  Selling him go should be way down our priorities unless we get big money.  Also i think keeping a few reasonable players here will keep the squad strength up.  I'd much rather be bringing on McCrorie than Richardson for example

37 minutes ago, englishred said:

I agree with this.  Selling him go should be way down our priorities unless we get big money.  Also i think keeping a few reasonable players here will keep the squad strength up.  I'd much rather be bringing on McCrorie than Richardson for example

Absolutely! McCrorie gets a tougher time than he deserves. Hes a solid player for us. We cant have superstars on every position. Would need to be a decent offer to even consider. 

9 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Scales is completely and utter pish.

Jury out on Macdonald so far.

Pollock looks the part.

• Haha 1
  • Dildo 1

Aye I had MacDonald as m.o.m. last night but wouldn't argue with anyone who might say it was either Pollock or Scales instead.

Scales looked utter wank as part of a CH duo alongside Stewart but I have to concede that he's looked decent on the left side of a back 3.  

Jesus min, hard to please.  Scales has been decent as all the defenders since Robson came in. Scales was on a loser being any part of the 'easy to fix' defence that goodwin assembled. Give them some time to play as a unit. Stewart/ Richardson bombscares and Robson knew it. 

22 minutes ago, 1903Afc said:

Jesus min, hard to please.  Scales has been decent as all the defenders since Robson came in. Scales was on a loser being any part of the 'easy to fix' defence that goodwin assembled. Give them some time to play as a unit. Stewart/ Richardson bombscares and Robson knew it. 

I agree, although if we are being critical i can not see Scales playing for Celtic, i just dont think he's that level.  I do think there could be deal to be done with him but i also feel we could pick up someone equally as good on a free in the summer.  McDonald though should be offered a deal

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, slippers said:

Absolutely! McCrorie gets a tougher time than he deserves.

The hun cunt gets a far easier ride than he deserves - should have been sacked in May.

Hes been ok at right back but has zero end product to his “charging runs”. Would bite any clubs hand off that’s daft enough to offer £750k for him 

1 hour ago, NEM said:

The hun cunt gets a far easier ride than he deserves - should have been sacked in May.

Hes been ok at right back but has zero end product to his “charging runs”. Would bite any clubs hand off that’s daft enough to offer £750k for him 

Thats just him chasing his last touch, his ball control is terrible 

I'm not as keen on McCrorie in the wing back position I have to say. Few times on Friday night, particularly in the first half he'd pick up the ball just inside the County half, nobody in front of him with acres of space to "charge" into. Not once do I remember him charging into that space to be honest. Would have been ideal as well for Robson's hit them while they're not organised style.

4 hours ago, alscotoz said:

Don't rate mccrorie. Replaceable. Can't believe EPL clubs came to watch him

They didn’t. Only EPL reps that were up (apparently) were Everton & they may not be EPL next season lol but they were there to see the Duk. 

Bristol City want to sign Aberdeen defender Ross McCrorie but face stiff competition, with Cardiff City, Swansea City and West Bromwich Albion also having representatives in Dingwall to watch the 25-year-old against Ross County on Friday. (Daily Record, print edition)

Aberdeen forward Duk, who scored his 18th goal of the season to secure a win over Ross County on Friday, has declared himself happy at Pittodrie as Everton, Preston North End and Sheffield Wednesday sent representatives to Dingwall to watch him in action. (Sky Sports via