Aberdeen 1 - 1 Dundee United

4 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Like i say i haven't kept on top of the updates. Only thing i took notice of was the vaccine passport. Is there not a point in March when masks become "advisory" aswell? Isolation probably falls in line with that. 

Probably be gas masks we need by March if Putin gets a bit more mental ?

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I think we did. Created two or three good chances.

They created fuck all. Lewis had fuck all to do. 

Ramsay, Considine, Hayes, McCrorie, Brown, Watkins. That’s 6. 
Would they not all play? 
I’d say definitely 5. 
Is that not enough? 

Ah ok so you were counting considine and Watkins who are out long term didn’t realise that. 

we had 3 really good chances all in the first half that we should of scored second half was pretty awful. If I wanted to be pedantic they could of had a second pen 

4 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Yeah but thought the new ‘rule’ was close contacts only ‘advisory’ to self isolate

And tbh, some of our players show so little understanding they probably don't count as close contacts.

"So Adam, David Bates has tested positive - you're gonna need to self-isolate."

"That the ginger guy, boss? It's OK, we barely know each other."

1 hour ago, DelMonte said:

If you don’t think we deserved to win then it’s time to give up on football. Are you all there? 

Why did we deserve to win today when we had as many chances in games under glass and people on here would say we were lucky 

59 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I think it's time you considered fucking off and supporting Manchester City or something. 

and why’s that. If I was actually going to support an English team I don’t think it would be them. 

12 minutes ago, thurso said:

Ah ok so you were counting considine and Watkins who are out long term didn’t realise that. 

we had 3 really good chances all in the first half that we should of scored second half was pretty awful. If I wanted to be pedantic they could of had a second pen 

Do they not count? ?

And please tell me you’re not saying the Ojo “coming together” with Niskanen is what you’re referring to?

If so, maybe basketball is more for you. 

13 minutes ago, thurso said:

and why’s that. If I was actually going to support an English team I don’t think it would be them. 

You need to accept that we just don't have the players to play the style of football you want to watch.  And most of the ones we have will never be able to regardless of how long they are coached. 

Some of them struggle to find a man standing a few yards away from them. 

7 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

You need to accept that we just don't have the players to play the style of football you want to watch.  And most of the ones we have will never be able to regardless of how long they are coached. 

It’s the modern Aberdeen way…we coach players to make them worse. We are good at it. 

Most has been said already re certain players, lack of composure, wrong choices etc.

I'll give Gallagher a bit of credit today, thought he looked much more composed than normal and in all honesty even despite Bates best efforts at disrupting it, the defence in general looked far more composed than previously. Still work to do though - but a positive.

I feel for Ramirez being isolated up there on his own with little to no support - HOWEVER, today I thought he looked uninterested and half hearted. I'd have stuck Ruth on at halftime as he couldn't and wouldn't have done any less than Ramirez. Hopefully an off game but I fear he's off in the summer. 

Barron was very good, and to be honest Kennedy did well until he tired, lack of game time caught up with him. 

Big big couple of weeks coming up....

20 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Do they not count? ?

And please tell me you’re not saying the Ojo “coming together” with Niskanen is what you’re referring to?

If so, maybe basketball is more for you. 

they didnt seem to count earlier in the season when we were struggling. 
No I was more meaning when the dundee utd player was closing Ferguson down after he took a couple of touches fell over and grabbed the ball 

21 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

It’s not the style that matters it’s results as you told me before. Today I though we ran about a lot but apart from bejiawn, Barron Ferguson the rest were pretty average. 

bates seems to be either really good or really bad and today was a bad performance Montgomery was pretty poor maybe he’s used to better players that’s why he wasn’t releasing the ball early and kept getting caught on it. 

if todays second half performance was 3 weeks ago you would of been raging at glass about it. 

2 minutes ago, thurso said:

they didnt seem to count earlier in the season when we were struggling. 
No I was more meaning when the dundee utd player was closing Ferguson down after he took a couple of touches fell over and grabbed the ball 

It’s not the style that matters it’s results as you told me before. Today I though we ran about a lot but apart from bejiawn, Barron Ferguson the rest were pretty average. 

bates seems to be either really good or really bad and today was a bad performance Montgomery was pretty poor maybe he’s used to better players that’s why he wasn’t releasing the ball early and kept getting caught on it. 

if todays second half performance was 3 weeks ago you would of been raging at glass about it. 

We'd likely have lost that game today though if Glass was still here. He was losing half his games when he had a full squad available let alone having 10 players unavailable. 

And I'd also have been harder on Glass because he brought most of the players in in the first place. 

At least we tried to get the ball moving a bit more quickly today and play in their half. 

Glass had 11 months, Goodwin has had less than 11 days.  If Goodwin brings in the same level of players as Glass and has the same set of results then yeah he'll be getting stick too. 

32 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Interesting comment from Jim Goodwin post match on REDTV.

I want my centre halves to be defenders first & foremost.

Don’t think we’ll see much playing out from the back.

Also, not sure if it’s down to player availability, but that’s two games of 4-3-3 he’s played, not something he did at St Mirren. 

Just now, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Interesting comment from Jim Goodwin post match on REDTV.

I want my centre halves to be defenders first & foremost.

Don’t think we’ll see much playing out from the back.

Also, not sure if it’s down to player availability, but that’s two games of 4-3-3 he’s played, not something he did at St Mirren. 

Looked like a 4-1-4-1 both games I thought 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Broken_Glass said:

Most has been said already re certain players, lack of composure, wrong choices etc.

I'll give Gallagher a bit of credit today, thought he looked much more composed than normal and in all honesty even despite Bates best efforts at disrupting it, the defence in general looked far more composed than previously. Still work to do though - but a positive.

I feel for Ramirez being isolated up there on his own with little to no support - HOWEVER, today I thought he looked uninterested and half hearted. I'd have stuck Ruth on at halftime as he couldn't and wouldn't have done any less than Ramirez. Hopefully an off game but I fear he's off in the summer. 

Barron was very good, and to be honest Kennedy did well until he tired, lack of game time caught up with him. 

Big big couple of weeks coming up....

Didn't seem that way to me, thought he played ok enough, 3 good defensive clearances, involved in most of our best moves. 

3 hours ago, Dynamo said:

Better team but a couple of shocking individual performances. Seasons over for us, Goodwin needs to use the rest of the games to figure out who's staying and who's going.

I will drop some hints

Bates

Gallagher 

Ojo

Devlin

McLennan 

Kennedy 

Campbell

There's 7 that need to be shipped out end of the season.

7 no hopes that bring nothing to the squad intact their a total hindrance

We are Never going to compete and win games with these failures hanging around the club and taking wages for contributing fuck all

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, minijc said:

Didn't seem that way to me, thought he played ok enough, 3 good defensive clearances, involved in most of our best moves. 

Thought so to. 3 centre half’s against him he would go to close one down no one else would be going with him and he would be trying to wave the rest forward to help him

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

We'd likely have lost that game today though if Glass was still here. He was losing half his games when he had a full squad available let alone having 10 players unavailable. 

And I'd also have been harder on Glass because he brought most of the players in in the first place. 

At least we tried to get the ball moving a bit more quickly today and play in their half. 

Glass had 11 months, Goodwin has had less than 11 days.  If Goodwin brings in the same level of players as Glass and has the same set of results then yeah he'll be getting stick too. 

I’m not sure we would of, would probably been the same as today. 
Right now we are 9th 3 points of fourth and can still get into the top 6 pretty much the same as he took over If we end up further away from 4th and in the bottom half of the table at the end of the season is that still the previous managers fault. 

7 minutes ago, thurso said:

Right now we are 9th 3 points of fourth and can still get into the top 6 pretty much the same as he took over If we end up further away from 4th and in the bottom half of the table at the end of the season is that still the previous managers fault. 

No, Goodwin has a job to do and would expect to be judged accordingly. Even on the remaining games of this season. 

Interesting though that folks were saying last season that Glass couldn't be judged on the remaining games of that season as it was McInnes ' team.

Now folk want Goodwin blamed if he doesn't get top half. 

Can't have it both ways folks. 

26 minutes ago, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

I will drop some hints

Bates

Gallagher 

Ojo

Devlin

McLennan 

Kennedy 

Campbell

We are Never going to compete and win games with these failures hanging around the club and taking wages for contributing fuck all

5 of the 7 are under contract

Easier said than done to just get rid of them.

JET is another to add. He’s contracted too though. 

McGeouch - He’s another.

Decent player, but thought he was awful when he came on though & he’s so unfit. Doesn’t fit Goodwin’s mantra about fitness.

33 minutes ago, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

I will drop some hints

Bates

Gallagher 

Ojo

Devlin

McLennan 

Kennedy 

Campbell

Poor Deano

47 minutes ago, thurso said:

Shite