In the News

Ramandu

3 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Aside from the constant puff pieces and celebration of a family of colonisers, they are "woke." 

Of course, in the definition of you and people like you. Not the actual definition. 

Haha. 

They're utterly obsessed with identity politics, and the grievances of minority groups and women. Yes, they also sook up to the royals.

Guest Grays Babylon 1875
1 minute ago, manboobs109 said:

Train drivers aren't striking min. Different union.

Well that renders all my sarky humour moot then. 

Fuck sake. 

Stop saying min, you are a man, man. 

I thank you. 

Guest Grays Babylon 1875
44 minutes ago, YorkDon said:

My brother is a train driver on the east coast main line.

He’s on more than that.

Add in overtime and spare days and he’s on a hefty whack.
Tough job and very very strict on safety.A couple of fuck ups like speeding and you can lose your job.

Fuck sake. 

Dunno how he manages to keep the lights on. 

Wolves at the back door, loan sharks at the front. 

11 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

The word has evolved from the previous definition, Consi. That’s language for ya. 

Are you gay ?

Nope. The word has been appropriated to be applied to anything people don't like. 

FFS someone was telling me that because I thought Consi was a club legend I was "woke."

7 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

They're utterly obsessed with identity politics, and the grievances of minority groups and women. Yes, they also sook up to the royals.

The reason they are obsessed with identity politics (IMO) is because it placates centrists/liberals. Scratch beneath the surface and the BBC is centrist at best and right at worst. 

The BBC is a huge arm of the state that is absolutely designed to keep the structures that be in place. The identity politics is all smoke and mirrors IYAM. It annoys me too. 

At their core tho they are a bunch of toffs who will stand in the way of any meaningful change. 

Look what they did to Jeremy Corbyn. If they are actually a "woke" establishment, they'd have given him a fair crack at the whip. It's been confirmed by staffers they were instructed to smear him. 

Fuck the BBC. Hate them the most out of all the news sources. 

5 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Look what they did to Jeremy Corbyn. If they are actually a "woke" establishment, they'd have given him a fair crack at the whip. It's been confirmed by staffers they were instructed to smear him. 

That's because he was honest about his views on Israel. A lot of people high up in the BBC are Jewish, particularly in the news department.

1 hour ago, Redmist1903 said:

The guys a dick. Total phoney. 

57 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Certainly that's the most common description of the bloke from those that know him \ have met him.

Can't think of many successful businessmen that are well liked. Especially in Scotland, as soon as you make something of yourself they'll be a pack of jealous cunts looking to bring you down. Good on him for doing what he's done with Brewdog. Sounds better then dossing around the Broch/Ellon or wherever he's from. 

15 minutes ago, CCB III said:

The reason they are obsessed with identity politics (IMO) is because it placates centrists/liberals. Scratch beneath the surface and the BBC is centrist at best and right at worst. 

The BBC is a huge arm of the state that is absolutely designed to keep the structures that be in place. The identity politics is all smoke and mirrors IYAM. It annoys me too. 

At their core tho they are a bunch of toffs who will stand in the way of any meaningful change. 

Fuck the BBC. Hate them the most out of all the news sources. 

Without re-running old arguments JC and Labour were hoist by their own petard regarding antisemitism. If black people say an organisation is "racist" it cannot be argued against, it is racist, yer Jewish folk were simply doing the same thing. If they say someone or something is antisemitic you better bloody say sorry and promise to change, same as you have to with all the other ethnic groups.

Guest Grays Babylon 1875
57 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

OR 26k to get abuse from tinks and fare dodgers.

OR 19k to clean the bogs.

AND be 9% worse off by the end of the year.

Shite gigs if you ask me....... likes.

Calm doon Bet365. 

19k for wiping Peter Hitchens shit, spunk and tears from the floors and walls of a small modern lavatory is still decent coin.  I'd imagine better than you'd get doing the same thing in a half decent hotel, theatre or school. 

5 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Without re-running old arguments JC and Labour were hoist by their own petard regarding antisemitism. If black people say an organisation is "racist" it cannot be argued against, it is racist, yer Jewish folk were simply doing the same thing. If they say someone or something is antisemitic you better bloody say sorry and promise to change, same as you have to with all the other ethnic groups.

That yer Corbyn that tried to report anti semitism but had it deliberately and bureaucratically stopped? 

You also know that there's more instances of anti semitism in the Conservative party, much less reported on? 

Why would Corbyn say sorry for being an anti semite, when he categorically isn't one, and never has been? 

Fucking Johnson has a worse record on anti semitism that Corbyn. He's got printed words in newspapers saying as much. 

The Corbyn anti semitism thing was and remains a total and utter miscarriage of justice. The guy has a life long record of being anti antisemitic, plenty of Jewish people have said he isn't one. 

Labour are no more antisemitic than the Conservative party. There wasn't the same smear campaign against them. Why do you think that might be? 

See yer man SKS has instructed his party not to go on the picket lines. 

1 minute ago, CCB III said:

That yer Corbyn that tried to report anti semitism but had it deliberately and bureaucratically stopped? 

You also know that there's more instances of anti semitism in the Conservative party, much less reported on? 

Why would Corbyn say sorry for being an anti semite, when he categorically isn't one, and never has been? 

Fucking Johnson has a worse record on anti semitism that Corbyn. He's got printed words in newspapers saying as much. 

The Corbyn anti semitism thing was and remains a total and utter miscarriage of justice. The guy has a life long record of being anti antisemitic, plenty of Jewish people have said he isn't one. 

Labour are no more antisemitic than the Conservative party. There wasn't the same smear campaign against them. Why do you think that might be? 

See yer man SKS has instructed his party not to go on the picket lines. 

I'm not going over this all again. JC is gone, he really and truly made an arse of the whole thing though. He was out of his depth.

5 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

I'm not going over this all again. JC is gone, he really and truly made an arse of the whole thing though. He was out of his depth.

Those are empty nothing phrases I'd expect someone to apply to a football manager on a bad run of results. 

Not a leader of an opposition that wanted to change the country for the better. 

Do you think the Union lads would be on strike right now if Corbz was in charge? Absolutely not. 

We're ran by oligarchs and billionaires and technocrats. It's a ruse that we've any power/control. 

Thank god for the BBC!

52 minutes ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

Fuck sake. 

Dunno how he manages to keep the lights on. 

Wolves at the back door, loan sharks at the front. 

Missing the point entirely! 
It’s a hefty salary, but they don’t just hand it to you for nothing.He has to know every signal, junction, and speed limit from Newcastle to London.
He regularly gets tested on it.

He has a dead man switch he needs to press periodically, to let the system know he’s still awake and functioning-nae sure of the time delay, but it could be several times a minute.

Add to that he’s responsible for something like 600 folk on the train.

I think they get paid well enough, so i’m nae agreeing with them being out on strike for more money, but you’re clueless on it if you think the job’s a gimme.

Lots of stress and hassle.

20 minutes ago, Quagmire said:

Can't think of many successful businessmen that are well liked. Especially in Scotland, as soon as you make something of yourself they'll be a pack of jealous cunts looking to bring you down. Good on him for doing what he's done with Brewdog. Sounds better then dossing around the Broch/Ellon or wherever he's from. 

Completely agree and unfortunately its a shite trait up here. Someone does well for themselves only to be branded a Tory selfish cunt by many a jealous fud.

2 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Those are empty nothing phrases I'd expect someone to apply to a football manager on a bad run of results. 

Not a leader of an opposition that wanted to change the country for the better. 

Do you think the Union lads would be on strike right now if Corbz was in charge? Absolutely not. 

We're ran by oligarchs and billionaires and technocrats. It's a ruse that we've any power/control. 

Thank god for the BBC!

He had 5 years and 2 elections to try and change things. It was never gonna happen. You can blame Israel and the media all you want but the reality was he was an old fool who was never suited to the role.

6 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Completely agree and unfortunately its a shite trait up here. Someone does well for themselves only to be branded a Tory selfish cunt by many a jealous fud.

Is it jealousy or is it that they are cunts? 

Normally folk who vote Tory are cunts. 

Genuine Q, seen as you're a true blue (hun) why do you think people despise the tories so much?

10 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

He had 5 years and 2 elections to try and change things. It was never gonna happen. You can blame Israel and the media all you want but the reality was he was an old fool who was never suited to the role.

Again, empty nothingness. Nothing of substance. Just empty, generic phrases. 

He got more votes in 2015 than Blair did in either of his elections. People liked him. 

Problem is no one could survive that amount of smearing. Blair played ball with the tabloids and the rodent Rupert Murdoch. Corbyn wouldn't and never would've.