VAR in the SPFL

18 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

There might be a way of getting round VAR refs conveniently missing or ignoring decisions.

Each team should be given a VAR button. It could be used by someone on their bench but probably better by someone watching the match on a monitor in the stand.

Each team gets one VAR review per half. The button should be activated within 10 seconds of an incident occurring and the review commenced at the next natural break in play eg a throw in, corner etc. Should the review be upheld, that team retains the review as in cricket. Of course the VAR official can still review incidents even though a team hasn't used their button on it. 

That's what they do in NBA and NFL. More familiar with NBA, basically the head coach will check with one of the boys on the monitors who will tell him whether it's worth it to challenge or not. And the ref explains the decision to the crowd afterward 

51 minutes ago, elephantstone78 said:

lol. 
ballsy move by the ref to get called over to var screen and then stick with his original decision. Saw Collum do this once but it’s pretty unusual. Good on him. 

I was thinking, was the fact the media were paying more attention than usual, and the Warnock factor anything to do with that? Would he have reversed it if it was Robson in charge and the spotlight wasn't so bright? :itch-chin: ..... Mind you the still fucked us over for a pen so maybe I'm speaking shite :laughing:

2 hours ago, chief_wiggum said:

I was thinking, was the fact the media were paying more attention than usual, and the Warnock factor anything to do with that? Would he have reversed it if it was Robson in charge and the spotlight wasn't so bright? :itch-chin: ..... Mind you the still fucked us over for a pen so maybe I'm speaking shite :laughing:

Said it last night.  The replays actually made it look worse assuming we watched the same views he did, and despite Kenny Millers commentary to the contrary.  Genuinely think he asked Aitken what the fuck he was supposed to be looking at.

Hmmm, the red card happened with 2 minutes to go, I just wonder though if it had happened much earlier in the game, would a red card have been the decision, both before and after var. somehow I doubt it. Also I think that not reversing the var, with 2 minutes to go, is very convenient for the Huns and the hun-obsessed media to then say, “see not all var decisions go in our favour”.

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, caledonia said:

Why don’t we ask to hear the Audio for the 2 handballs by Goldson.

Sky (Kenny Miller) tried to say ref blew his whistle which was not true especially the first.

If they can ask to hear the audio surly we can as well instead of sucking it up all the time.

Aitken should be nowhere near VAR during a Rangers Sevco game as he has admitted he supports them by asking to ref one of their friendly matches.

Everyone knows he is a Rangers Sevco man but we just bend over and over.

Does Neil Warnock know penalties have been given to the huns all season for less.

Again, to beat the corpse of this horse, the clubs should be refusing officials they know to have a bias.  Preferably have English officials who couldn't give a fuck if Sevco aren't supposed to have penalties or red cards awarded against them. 

If the clubs have to fund that out of their own pockets then it's more than worth the cost. 

7 hours ago, Dandyesque said:

Until we can get 30 cameras and massive TV screens at every game to show the fans what's being looked at, VAR can get to fuck.

You can't even celebrate a goal properly now.

Thats the problem up here we have the "cheap" version.  For me you implement it properly or don't bother.  SPFL still doesn't have goal line technology either!! Every stadium should have a screen or be told one must be up and running for next season, its time they brought th league up to the modern standards.  They go on and on about money yet sign the shittest Tv deal and sponsorships possible.

• Upvote 2
4 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Again, to beat the corpse of this horse, the clubs should be refusing officials they know to have a bias.  Preferably have English officials who couldn't give a fuck if Sevco aren't supposed to have penalties or red cards awarded against them. 

If the clubs have to fun that out of their own pockets then it's more than worth the cost. 

Its so obvious too especially when they play in europe and suddenly red cards or pens are given at ibrox.  If they ever came down here to play they wouldn't know what hit them,  not only do refs not give things to teams neither do the players, no team fears another like they seem to in Scotland, almost a mental block 

• Upvote 2
11 minutes ago, englishred said:

Thats the problem up here we have the "cheap" version.  For me you implement it properly or don't bother.  SPFL still doesn't have goal line technology either!! Every stadium should have a screen or be told one must be up and running for next season, its time they brought th league up to the modern standards.  They go on and on about money yet sign the shittest Tv deal and sponsorships possible.

I think the problem is the cheating cunts operating it more than anything else really, but agree with all you're saying.

17 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

If the clubs have to fund that out of their own pockets then it's more than worth the cost. 

100% agree. I've said the same thing except get the Poles to do it. Probably work out cheaper and there would be even less chance they'd have an affiliation with the huns

1 hour ago, Snelders Snottters 89 said:

No I didn't watch SpunkHunScene & won't watch it ever when that alien hun cunt Miller is on.

So Kenny just how impressive were Rangers?  Well I was very impressed.  I think Clemente has been very impressive bringing in the impressive Silva and the equally impressive other one.  You cant fail to be impressed.

Also.  How come the Proclaimers ageing grandfather was on? 

• Haha 1

On a side note, saw Douglas Ross today down the beach as me and bairn were heading to Turkish Kitchen.

Made a point of telling bairn how much of a disgusting human he was, job done really. Nothing more required.

Hides behind his wife. Smarmy cunt.

Turkish Kitchen was sensational might I add.