The Goodwin effect!

1 hour ago, old sheep said:

I’m no royalist, the opposite in fact, but I thought Goodwin not emerging from the tunnel until after the minute’s applause was poor. He is at a big club in Scotland now and he should be better than that. His performance football wise is worrying to say the least. For him, and his inexperienced coaching staff, it’s starting to look like a steep learning curve.

Why should an Irishman have any respect for the monarchy? 

A man with his principles. No issue with that. 

My issue is with him killing us with the centre half issue and the light as fuck midfield. 

• Upvote 1

I’m no royalist, the opposite in fact, but I thought Goodwin not emerging from the tunnel until after the minute’s applause was poor. He is at a big club in Scotland now and he should be better than that. His performance football wise is worrying to say the least. For him, and his inexperienced coaching staff, it’s starting to look like a steep learning curve.

Good on him.

Fuck the Royals & the Brits ?

• Upvote 1

We're into bizarre territory here. 

I though we were strolling the game until an inexperienced referee completely lost the plot. 

Goodwin is absolutely correct to call Porteous out as a cheating fucker (he is) and to blame the referee for turning the game completely. 

Yes, we didn't react well in the 2nd half, but the penalty and red card took everyone by surprise. 

If it had been 11 v 11 in the second half, I'd defy anyone to say that we wouldn't have won that game. 

7 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

We're into bizarre territory here. 

I though we were strolling the game until an inexperienced referee completely lost the plot. 

Goodwin is absolutely correct to call Porteous out as a cheating fucker (he is) and to blame the referee for turning the game completely. 

Yes, we didn't react well in the 2nd half, but the penalty and red card took everyone by surprise. 

If it had been 11 v 11 in the second half, I'd defy anyone to say that we wouldn't have won that game. 

I thought Stewart could have been off prior to Scales being off, McCrorie could have given away a penalty, Miovski lucky not to get a red for an elbow, Hibs dominated the first half imho

He probably has plenty relatives that have been killed as a direct result from said royal family. 
I have nothing whatsoever against him for not being out for that. 

You don’t HAVE to show respect for monarchy just because others think you should. Fk that hypocritical BS. Couldn’t give a shite about any pathetic attempts to make excuses for going against principles. Who gives a fk if he’s at a big club in Scotland. 

if you worked in a gay bar would you let all the customers bend you over to show respect ?

6 minutes ago, starryfish said:

I thought Stewart could have been off prior to Scales being off, McCrorie could have given away a penalty, Miovski lucky not to get a red for an elbow, Hibs dominated the first half imho

Was McCrories hand in an ‘unnatural’ position? As per the rules for it to be a penalty?

Genuine question as I haven’t seen the incident & a few posters have said now it should have been a penalty 

17 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Was McCrories hand in an ‘unnatural’ position? As per the rules for it to be a penalty?

Genuine question as I haven’t seen the incident & a few posters have said now it should have been a penalty 

It was a 'modern day pen' eg never a pen in the good old days but I would say its given by VAR

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

So his hand must have been in an unnatural position if you believe that to be the case? As that is the ‘modern day’ rule

His arm is on the horizontal and its his arm further away from the ball so its passed all the rest of his body and he has plenty time to get it out of the way. Harsh pen but it was a pen and might have sparked us in to life a bit better

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

The penalty that was given was never a penalty. 

Porteous fouled Scales. Totally clear on the replays. 

Exactly, clear as day when you see the highlights. 

Given by a referee who was completely out of his depth and over-promoted. Not the first time that we've suffered by awful decisions given by a new referee who seems to have been given an Aberdeen game to fuck up as a kind on initiation ceremony. 

Goodwin / Dons season 22-23

I always have the belief that the first few league games are infinitely important. My theory, every season, is that if you can be up in 1st-2nd or challenging that it gives an extra edge to go and get more points week after week. 

On the other side when it's clear you can't be top 2/3 points are not as important so you quickly get in to a who gives a fuck attitude as all you can achieve is being slightly shite or less shite so who actually cares.

A few more dropped points and we are in the who actually cares territory. Perhaps we are there already. Fuck sake Dons.

3 minutes ago, Roberto said:

I just saw the decision. Really? Some of you wazzocks are actually saying in the modern game it's a penalty?

In MT fashion...

REALLY?

REALLY?

Come on to fuck. Not even remotely close to being a pen. Porteous is a complete cheating cunt.

Goodwin is still a useless prick of a manager but Jesus, abysmal decision.

modern game pen? Thats a reference to the McCrorie handball one

7 minutes ago, Roberto said:

I just saw the decision. Really? Some of you wazzocks are actually saying in the modern game it's a penalty?

In MT fashion...

REALLY?

REALLY?

Come on to fuck. Not even remotely close to being a pen. Porteous is a complete cheating cunt.

Must admit seeing it again there on sportscene it is pretty bad 

3 minutes ago, Roberto said:

In MT fashion...

REALLY?

REALLY?

I think it’s the handball incident when they didn’t get a pen that is being referred to.

2 minutes ago, Roberto said:

In MT fashion...

REALLY?

REALLY?

Porteous actually has an arm round Scales neck, dragging Scales on top of him.

Its a free kick to Aberdeen, no penalty & no yellow.

The ref was way out his depth, also missing a clear hand ball by McCrorie for a penalty too. How the fuck the linesman doesn’t see it beggars belief. 

13 minutes ago, Roberto said:

In MT fashion...

REALLY?

REALLY?

Is it cheating or just clever play?

Refs went and bought it, also missed RMCs handball. 

We lost because we didn't play well enough with 11, or with 10.

We need to improve.

Our performances & results at the end of last season really drained any confidence I had in Goodwin, a manager who wouldn't have been someone our fans would've been desperate to see in charge other than the lack of obvious & realistic suitable alternatives.  I was however prepared to give him the chance to at least have a transfer window and put his mark on the squad. 

So far this season 2 things are worrying me.  He likes to stick with a very consistent starting 11 and formation - all well and good when things are going to plan but he seems to lack imagination and tactical awareness to change things when we are struggling.  That line up he put out today looked like it would be dominated and overrun, and that very much turned out to be the case.  Similar things happened in the Motherwell and Livingston matches - against Well he seemed utterly unable to sort things out on the park and we were fortunate to not get a real doing.  Against Livi we were lucky to not be behind before they gifted us the lead before half time.  We must be so easy for the opposition to prepare for because we are so predictable. 

We also still have a very soft underbelly - always look like conceding and show very little grit and fight when things go against us.  Today we couldn't have asked for a better start yet totally failed to build on it, on the back foot even before the pen/red card.  It just feels like of the opposition are up for it and reasonably well organised then we will struggle.  Someone was saying we've only won 2 league matches against 11 men under Goodwin?  That's a pretty damning statistic.

I've just got a bad feeling that we're going to end up in the same situation as last season and will be looking for a new manager around February time.