Ramadani joins Lecce for undisclosed fee

11 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Fine.

Get him replaced pronto. 

Robson was allegedly after two attacking midfielders.

Presumably he’s now after three midfielders? 

Prefer if he upped the quality of the two he was after than add another just because.

Obviously cover and with one more gives a better chance of a future sell on but still favour the quality option.

I'm on the fence on Ramadani. I liked him and i'm gutted he's leaving in a summer we were already switching out 15 or so players.

However I think he's AFC standard and surprised he's moving on to better things. If it is £1.1M guaranteed plus potential (but unlikely) add ons then it's good money. Just shitty timing.

It's not impossible if we hedge our bets with two new centre mids, plus Polvara plus Barron that one of the four step up and we end up quids in and better off

• Upvote 1

Solid enough player on his day Rama and I think most would agree he made a positive contribution overall. Getting his move to Serie A is exactly the type of progression we’d be selling to players to convince them we’re a good stepping stone in their career. So long as we invest the money wisely we’ll hopefully improve the caliber of player we can attract.

Be interesting to see if we do go for a like for like replacement or allow Polvara & Barron to make a case for the role. Maybe see how the first few games pan out.

• Upvote 5
6 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I'm on the fence on Ramadani. I liked him and i'm gutted he's leaving in a summer we were already switching out 15 or so players.

However I think he's AFC standard and surprised he's moving on to better things. If it is £1.1M guaranteed plus potential (but unlikely) add ons then it's good money. Just shitty timing.

It's not impossible if we hedge our bets with two new centre mids, plus Polvara plus Barron that one of the four step up and we end up quids in and better off

That's my thoughts. Difficult timing to lose a player that's at least good enough with such a big turnaround as it is. Probably need to get used to it though as if we recruit well then it should happen again and again

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Dave Bus said:

Seems a bit mental that we fucked the teklic deal by not paying up the £900k asking price when we were selling ramadani for more. Robson talking in the press about missing out on 1st choice targets, well that’s what happens when you’re tight.

Hard to argue with this (if Teklic is as good as they thought) seems they’re being maybe a bit £frugal & preferring quantity over quality. 

Hopefully they have the balance right

13 hours ago, REDRODDIE said:

How bigs your wife’s cock? 

No,

However he struggled to complete simple 5 yard passes and constantly got caught in possession of the football whilst playing for the team I support. 

He’s got a cool name tho. 

You obviously never seen his outside of the foot pass through to Bojan Miovski against celtic in the first league game of last season to send him through 1-on-1 against Joe Hart, who in the end got extremely lucky with the break of the ball as he had no fucking clue were initially the ball was until the break went in his favour.

Exquisite and sublime doesn't do the quality of the pass justice. 

2 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Hard to argue with this (if Teklic is as good as they thought) seems they’re being maybe a bit £frugal & preferring quantity over quality. 

Hopefully they have the balance right

Aye would be better to spend 900k on 3 up and coming English players like morris Richardson and Roberts…

6 hours ago, Tord31 said:

My sentiments exactly. All down to replacements now, spectacular own goal if we don’t now supplement the squad with proper quality and try to do it on the cheap. 

• Upvote 1

Cautiously optimistic we can replace Ramadani with some energetic up and comer. 

A million quid's not bad, but it's also not great for someone who was a constant and vital component of last season's 3rd place finish. 

I guess if the model is to be the stepping stone for talent on an upwards trajectory we can't afford to be seen to be reneging on that deal, however. If someone comes in for a player we're going to have to be realistic in our dealings. 

Dave's prawcess actually seems to be working, though. We're developing talent and actually cashing in on it. 

All hail Dave's Prawcess. 

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
12 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

A million quid's not bad, but it's also not great for someone who was a constant and vital component of last season's 3rd place finish. 

I guess if the model is to be the stepping stone for talent on an upwards trajectory we can't afford to be seen to be reneging on that deal, however. If someone comes in for a player we're going to have to be realistic in our dealings. 

Dave's prawcess actually seems to be working, though. We're developing talent and actually cashing in on it. 

All salute Dave's Prawcess. 

Fixed it for you min.👍

Now that's better. Fuck the tims.

23 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

All hail Dave's Prawcess. 

Thanks, but you don’t get paid by the word.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4