Jayden Richardson

12 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Haha remember that guy

@Reliablesource

Was he the tube that had friends all over the country, Liverpool supporting mates, Arsenal supporting mates, bloke he knew who worked at Dublin Airport that said that Ryanair cut corners at maintenance and refueling.

Give him a situation, and he had a mate that knew the inside story.

There's a few comments in that presser with Robson and Burrows that make me think there will be a few players under contract contract departing and Richardson may be one of them.  Comments about moving on players who didn't wan to be here or something like that.  Also seemed to suggest our priorities in any signing will be character, able to run about a lot, technical ability, in that order.  I don't think Richardson meets priority 1 or 3.

2 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

There's a few comments in that presser with Robson and Burrows that make me think there will be a few players under contract contract departing and Richardson may be one of them.  Comments about moving on players who didn't wan to be here or something like that.  Also seemed to suggest our priorities in any signing will be character, able to run about a lot, technical ability, in that order.  I don't think Richardson meets priority 1 or 3.

Richardson, Barron, Stewart & McCrorie of the contracted players are all possibles to go. 

8 on loan & another 5 out of contract? 

17 leaving? 

9 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Richardson, Barron, Stewart & McCrorie of the contracted players are all possibles to go. 

8 on loan & another 5 out of contract? 

17 leaving? 

It could be a huge turnover. 

You could almost say the only complete stick ons to be in the squad on 1st September are; Roos, MacDonald, Hayes, Mackenzie, Ramadani and Duncan.

That's pretty mental. 

Fingers crossed we also have Duk, Miovski and a couple of the loan guys back too.

13 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Surely we'll be looking to move Morris and/or Roberts on as well? 

Absolutely but there has to be a team at the other end of the deal willing to take them on. But their recent history with us shows one of them to be fucking useless and the other to be permanently crocked.

It would be hard enough getting clubs (obviously at a much lower level than we operate at, and of course who pay a lot less than we do into the bargain) to take them on having to cover their current pay levels. I'd imagine we'd need to cover a massive percentage of their wage elsewhere to persuade a team to take them on (I'm guessing 75% minimum). And in Roberts' case, even than might not be enough to persuade anyone.

4 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

Hope not. The worst player we’ve had in a long long time.

£300k as well ffs. Absolutely shocking.

I agree that he wasn't great but lets be fair he hadn't exactly played massive amounts of football at a good level, he'll probably leave us but i do think he could make it in lower leagues.  

on the price ... £300k is a lot for scottish football but sadly this is generally (not always) the standard of player you'll get in todays market in the UK

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

Absolutely but there has to be a team at the other end of the deal willing to take them on. But their recent history with us shows one of them to be fucking useless and the other to be permanently crocked.

It would be hard enough getting clubs (obviously at a much lower level than we operate at, and of course who pay a lot less than we do into the bargain) to take them on having to cover their current pay levels. I'd imagine we'd need to cover a massive percentage of their wage elsewhere to persuade a team to take them on (I'm guessing 75% minimum). And in Roberts' case, even than might not be enough to persuade anyone.

I think we might find Roberts isn't physically injured

On 8/15/2022 at 10:42 AM, Millertime said:

Haha I was saying that last week

It's actual primary school technique

I couldn't believe it when I seen him do it

It's the same with Duk 

Literally hits it in a straight line past the first guy and sprints past him, problem is the opposition player behind just goes across and gets it

I also find it actually quite comical when Duk does it, because someone has told him he is faster than he actually is

This aged well

• Haha 5
On 8/15/2022 at 11:46 AM, Sonoftherock said:

Do you remember Eric the Eel from the summer Olympics years ago? He was an African lad, who could hardly swim, who ended up winning his heat at the Olympics after the other folk in the race got disqualified? He struggled to even finish 100M. I think he was from a land locked country in Africa - he only qualified as the IOC have diversity quotas, or something like that…

It was a great, heart warming sporting moment! For some reason though, I was up cheering Duks goal last week, the same way that I cheered when Eric the Eel finished that race.

This is probably worse though 🤣

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

This thread got bumped as he might have an opportunity to play?

I probably still wouldn't. Stick Hayes on the wrong side and play Coulson or Mackenzie

100% what I'd be doing if McCrorie is out. No way would I be bringing Richardson in, or Kennedy for that matter.