Sure it's been a promising start, but it's been against part time players. Even Bates and Gallagher would probably have looked decent enough against the two teams, and we know they were absolutely pish.

Playing football is a lot easier when you aren't under pressure, which lets face it he hasn't been at all yet.

1 hour ago, Andy_123 said:

How can people already be hail hailing Scales as a good player when we've only played Peterhead and Dumbarton?

I'll be holding off passing judgement on him until I've seen how he fares for the first month or 2 once the league games start.

Aye we all thought Bates had turned a corner cause he had a decent game against Edinburgh city in the cup in January ?

17 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

He came from League of Ireland to them as a prospect/back up at best. They aren’t some massive EPL club paying players like that £10k + a week. Maybe if he was signed as a cert for future first team

Doubt he will be earning any more than some of our top earners. 

The problem is, even if he IS earning similar to our top earners, is he good enough to warrant that kind of money?  time will tell ultimately.  His base wage could well be similar to our top earners, but I bet his add-ons and bonuses are quite a bit higher than anything we offer, add on sponsership deals etc for playing with a bigger club. 

17 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

He came from League of Ireland to them as a prospect/back up at best. They aren’t some massive EPL club paying players like that £10k + a week. Maybe if he was signed as a cert for future first team

Doubt he will be earning any more than some of our top earners. 

Correct.

Actually on less than Gallagher was with us last year..

Total non issue his wages.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Andy_123 said:

How much did we pay again for the useless cunt?

Not a hope we'll be making a profit on him.

Funny thing is we all used to shout ee-aw at him when he was up here playing for rangers. Went to lower league Germany couldn’t get a game then went on loan to a championship team and couldn’t get a game. There was absolutely nothing to suggest he wouldn’t be shite

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Funny thing is we all used to shout ee-aw at him when he was up here playing for rangers. 

Did we ?… can’t say I remember that.  Never thought of him as one of the pantomime villains that we regarded as a hate figure or as a joke figure. That was pretty much reserved for Jack and Morelos and maybe Halliday when Bates was with them.Think he’d gone by the time Macgregor cane back.

21 minutes ago, redone said:

Did we ?… can’t say I remember that.  Never thought of him as one of the pantomime villains that we regarded as a hate figure or as a joke figure. That was pretty much reserved for Jack and Morelos and maybe Halliday when Bates was with them.Think he’d gone by the time Macgregor cane back.

He got a lot of stick around section X and Y of the south stand anyway. Certainly not a hate figure, folk just laughing at how shite he was. 

I remember not long after Scott Allan signed for Celtic reading that he was their lowest paid first team squad member at that time on £4k/week. 

They paid more for Scales than they did for Allan and it's 7 years down the line from then so I'd be surprised if he isn't earning at least as much as Allan did, probably a wee bit more. So if we were to sign him, he'd certainly wouldn't do so to take a pay cut and therefore he would certainly be near to, if not actually, our highest earner. As SF1982 said.....is he really worth that sort of cash? Maybe....but I'd like to see him facing the other SPL sides for the first half of the season before committing ourselves to it. We got stung by Bates and it looks like we are stuck with him, I'd hate the same thing to happen with another centre back.

21 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

He’s just obsessed with me & wants to bitch at everything I post ? 

I said he must have a massive cock but he laughed & said I couldn’t be more wrong

You replied to me cunto

You really are a pathetic havering Queen with humour on the level of Beavis & Butthead. Go on post some more emojis laughing at your lame arsed attempt at humour you complete fanny.

Still think we should have appointed Duncan Ferguson as manager fuckwit?

13 minutes ago, Kilgore Trout said:

You replied to me cunto

You really are a pathetic havering Queen with humour on the level of Beavis & Butthead. Go on post some more emojis laughing at your lame arsed attempt at humour you complete fanny.

Still think we should have appointed Duncan Ferguson as manager fuckwit?

You always sniff around my posts. You’re obsessed ? 

I think Ferguson would have been a far better manager than Glass & probably as good as JG. How can you prove otherwise ?‍♂️

just in case not enough emoji’s ??

5 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

I remember not long after Scott Allan signed for Celtic reading that he was their lowest paid first team squad member at that time on £4k/week. 

They paid more for Scales than they did for Allan and it's 7 years down the line from then so I'd be surprised if he isn't earning at least as much as Allan did, probably a wee bit more. So if we were to sign him, he'd certainly wouldn't do so to take a pay cut and therefore he would certainly be near to, if not actually, our highest earner. As SF1982 said.....is he really worth that sort of cash? Maybe....but I'd like to see him facing the other SPL sides for the first half of the season before committing ourselves to it. We got stung by Bates and it looks like we are stuck with him, I'd hate the same thing to happen with another centre back.

The difference between Scales and Bates is that Scales fulfils the definition of a defender whilst Bates is the polar opposite.

Get Scales signed up permanently and there will be no stings?.

1 hour ago, Daisy1903 said:

It's cute you think you can anger me. All I do is let out a sigh with every moronic thing that you post.

Your opinions are garbage, you put it across like you think folk are interested and your attempt at humour is the worst I've ever read

You’re as bad.

• Upvote 1