Anthony Stewart

1 hour ago, sheepcrooky said:

Thankfully he will be suspended for Killie. His passing ability had been well documented, but his fuck-up for the last goal against der Hun and against St. Mirren proves he is just not good enough. 

One of these players, who if we bought out and ripped up his contract, I would be delighted. 

His fuck up (assist) for their first was worse 

6 minutes ago, RUL said:

Mainly because I suspect we will sign another centre half. I’d imagine scales and Stewart will play most weeks. 

Aye but why do you think Goodwin will retain the 3 at the back?

We should be looking to sign a 3rd proper centre half anyway, maybe 2 if Scales get recalled by Celtic in order to sell him on elsewhere.

Stewart would then be the backup 3rd centre half in a back 4, McCrorie the 4th if required.

I'm sure Stewart is a nice guy and I wish him no ill harm, but I don't think he's cut out for playing at a club as big as this. I think he possibly realises it himself. He's a million miles away from being a captain as well. I don't understand why Goodwin handed him the captaincy after he'd been here for about a week - it means he's basically undroppable. Joe Lewis was possibly the worst captain I can remember until this guy turned up and took it to another level.

Not a great player and clearly in a bad run of form however fans need to keep in focus that it's not Stewart's fault that:

- our club scouted him and didn't see he's not a good enough player at this level

- we signed him

- our manager made him captain when he clearly doesn't have the personality for that role (he's too quite)

- we signed no cover or competition for his position should he need a break due to loss of form

- he plays every week next to a right back who can't defend

- his manager is tactically naïve

So while I'd love us to sign a better CB I don't understand the hate for the guy.

6 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

I’m not sure it’s hate! But he has to admit Himself he is captain and his job is to defend and to inspire the others around him to perform and defend! He’s not really doing his job/best

"Please sack me, I'm not good at my job"

Not something I've ever heard anyone say before.

Players expect to be dropped when not performing, captains to have the armband taken away and given to someone else.

We have no other CBs and a lack of leaders in the first 11.

Thats on Goodwin and the recruitment team.

11 minutes ago, Helmet said:

Players expect to be dropped when not performing, captains to have the armband taken away and given to someone else.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3530980/Please-sack-Euro-MP-DANIEL-HANNAN-money-perks-gets-Brussels-making-Britons-lives-harder-begging-nation-courage-job.html

• Dildo 1
1 hour ago, Helmet said:

Not a great player and clearly in a bad run of form however fans need to keep in focus that it's not Stewart's fault that:

- our club scouted him and didn't see he's not a good enough player at this level

- we signed him

- our manager made him captain when he clearly doesn't have the personality for that role (he's too quite)

- we signed no cover or competition for his position should he need a break due to loss of form

- he plays every week next to a right back who can't defend

- his manager is tactically naïve

So while I'd love us to sign a better CB I don't understand the hate for the guy.

It’s not really up to us to consider who’s to blame. He’s shite and will be criticised accordingly 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Helmet said:

JG doesn’t want leaders in the team. He is the leader. He wants followers only. He’s an arrogant cunt

This is what he means when he says we will only sign players with the right attitude. He wants lil bitches/yes sir no sirs 

1 match dated suspension Effective from 14th day Accumulation of six cautionable offences in (For every further accumulation following date of match when the same Competition (including cautions of six cautionable offences, sixth cautionable offence incurred under Part D below) the suspension applied will be occurred and to be served in

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/1849/suspensions-for-players-in-mens-football-annex-c-section-4.pdf