Bojan Miovski

2 minutes ago, JumboJET said:

Middlesbrough are lining up a £1.5 million bid for Aberdeen's North Macedonian hitman Bojan Miovski, according to GazetteLive.

They're ripping the pish if there is any truth in that and clearly trying to unsettle the player.

Probably reckon by doing so, they'll get us to cave in and sell for maybe a million more.

If an official offer does come in at that level, we should inform them (and make it also known to the press) that we won't be selling to them under any circumstances, no matter how much they improve any future offers

Apology not accepted

That's what i mean by "ended up being"... i don't mean it was some astute signing but that for long term impact after only 14 games,  the value of being able to approach prospective players with a few seconds of showreels showing a future england player scoring a hollywood freekick in the last minutes against the huns is worth more to the club than a one-off transfer fee

8 minutes ago, BaldurBett said:

That's what i mean by "ended up being"... i don't mean it was some astute signing but that for long term impact after only 14 games,  the value of being able to approach prospective players with a few seconds of showreels showing a future england player scoring a hollywood freekick in the last minutes against the huns is worth more to the club than a one-off transfer fee

I’ll accept this partial apology.

2 minutes ago, Proud Dandy said:

Bojan is not for sale in Jan at any price. Our model involves moving players on but the first goal has to be try do well on the pitch, he’ll be worth more after winning us two cups and scoring 30 goals anyway. 

A decent bid and he’s off.

Pretty disappointed by how many of you took the £1.5million bait from our resident fisherman.

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

I think ensuring he goes to a "top 5 league" and we start only selling players to big leagues is worth more to us than a few hundred thousand here and there. 

We need our selling pitch to prospective players to be come here and we'll get you to Seria A, La Liga, EPL

Tbf I think with Ramsay, Ferguson and Ramadani we're showing there's a pathway there for players to go to the Top 5 Leagues, obviously England will be the more "appealing" option for some but we've shown already big moves can be made if you perform here

Sure Miovski will be smart about his next move, seemingly rejected others moves to come to us as he felt it was best for his future

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, dave_min said:

A decent bid and he’s off.

Pretty disappointed by how many of you took the £1.5million bait from our resident fisherman.

For the record I didn’t take the bait on the mention of £1.5m, hence I didn’t reply to that post.

More the discussion amongst our own fans of how much we would accept for Mioviski, find it bizarre anyone would be happy to sell him this window even if we took in a decent wedge, the entire purpose of a football club is to try to win and even if we took in £10m and invested half of it I’m certain we would be weaker for it given his quality.

It would ruin any chance of doing something this season as Jan is such a difficult time to re-build.

15 minutes ago, Proud Dandy said:

For the record I didn’t take the bait on the mention of £1.5m, hence I didn’t reply to that post.

More the discussion amongst our own fans of how much we would accept for Mioviski, find it bizarre anyone would be happy to sell him this window even if we took in a decent wedge, the entire purpose of a football club is to try to win and even if we took in £10m and invested half of it I’m certain we would be weaker for it given his quality.

It would ruin any chance of doing something this season as Jan is such a difficult time to re-build.

i dont think anyone is looking to sell but in the absence of new contracts both Miosvki and Duk will be away by 1st September.

21 minutes ago, Proud Dandy said:

For the record I never accused you of taking the bait.

No danger that the club will ever admit the true price we paid for him, or what we sell him for. So it’s all a bit pointless.

3 hours ago, Turra red said:

It's funny when you read how rangers need to sign Shankland but until very recently bojan has never really been mentioned. Age wise and ability there is only one winner but happily I'm pretty certain miovski is here to get a bigger gig elsewhere and not in Scotland.

Old firm fans can't seem to grasp that they really aren't as big as they think and to foreign players like bojan they will never appeal as much as England or Italian teams for example.

Died in June 2012. A thing of the dark ages.

celtic and RIFC are referred to as the modern firm.

I reckon the only way we'll see Miovski leave in January is if

A. He throws his toys out the pram and puts in a transfer request. That would be a nightmare scenario.

B. We receive an offer of 6M+. I think that would be enough for the club to grudgingly accept.

Otherwise he is worth too much to us here, particularly with us off the pace currently in the race for the Euro spots. After Xmas we don't have the fixture pile up and *should* be starting to build more momentum.

That said, there is a paranoid part of me thinking that the reason Sokler is starting to suddenly see more game time is because we are preparing for Miovski going in January.

In summary, fuck knows...

1 hour ago, Granite95 said:

Tbf I think with Ramsay, Ferguson and Ramadani we're showing there's a pathway there for players to go to the Top 5 Leagues, obviously England will be the more "appealing" option for some but we've shown already big moves can be made if you perform here

Sure Miovski will be smart about his next move, seemingly rejected others moves to come to us as he felt it was best for his future

It shows he has a maturity beyond his years.

Tying him to a 4 year contract was a masterclass by our club as we hold the ace card here at this moment in time and Miovski doesn't strike me as a type of lad who'd leave Aberdeen for less than his true market value to ensure our club gets the fee we should receive as a mark of his respect for AFC giving him the stage to exhibit his fantastic talent. 

3 minutes ago, 1903Afc said:

What you reckon then? I said realistic, meaning I think Cormack would sanction a transfer for in excess of £5m. I'd love him to be banging in goals for us for years to come, but not happening unfortunately. 

He needs to go for record fee that’s no question. He’s scoring in big games in Europe and domestically. What is record Ramsay 4.5m rising to 7m? I think 7m rising to 10m would be doable. I know the club asked for 10m for Ramsay. As normal you start high. How high do you start with Bojan? Only thing that would fuck us is if he kicked up a fuss. We hold all the other cards. 

• Upvote 2