Bojan Miovski

1 hour ago, alscotoz said:

£10 million in January, £8 million if we're allowed to keep him until the end of the season. Dunno who takes the risk in that scenario?

Still look/sound like pie in the sky figures 

We won't get more than 6 for him, and even that is me being optimistic

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Why not?

Because Cormack will say all he wants about being difficult to deal with when it comes to selling players, but when it comes to it, a team like Southampton will come in low-ball (4m or something) and he'll push them up a little but will likely buckle at 6.

I'd be absolutely delighted to be proved wrong like and it would be the sweetest humble pie.

Just now, McPhee123 said:

Because Cormack will say all he wants about being difficult to deal with when it comes to selling players, but when it comes to it, a team like Southampton will come in low-ball (4m or something) and he'll push them up a little but will likely buckle at 6.

I'd be absolutely delighted to be proved wrong like and it would be the sweetest humble pie.

Really? We have Miovski on a long term contract and we don't have to sell. I will give Cormack more credit that others and say he will get a decent price if he does accept a bid.

As DD says above, look at some of the ridiculous prices players go for down South. Miovski is a player and interested teams have acknowledged this.

5 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

Why? Look at the prices that players abroad are going for. 6 million is nothing in footballing terms these days.

Better to look at it in terms of club size/turnover. 

Is anyone going to offer Aberdeen 50% of their annual turnover for a player? 

It's like someone offering 500,000,000 for Mbappe. It's just too much. 

47 minutes ago, Bridgeofdondon said:

I see the lad Reid has been recalled from Peterhead,  I'd assume its just to re-loan him to a higher/lower level and not to cover a departing striker, surely if that were the case we'd recall bavidge?

Beaten to it by the boof. Probably why we get on, similar. 

2 minutes ago, CCB III said:

He does only have 6 months left on his contract…

1 minute ago, CCB III said:

You really think that's how transfers work?

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, McPhee123 said:

I think you will be proved wrong here. Needs to be a bit more up front rising to 10 plus is what I’d like to think we are looking for. But you are correct it will be proper low ball offers for a start. Really hope it’s not as low as 4m starting point though as that is going to be difficult to get up to required point. A Southampton would be ideal with a promotion clause and big chance of selling him if he does well. Hopefully desperate to push boat put to get up. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, For Fecks Sake said:

You really think that's how transfers work?

I think it's part of the valuation when bidding in shit leagues like ours. 

There's a limit to it all. It's why Celtic never get more than 20. We're unlikely to get more than 5/6. 

Magic if we do/did. They know that clubs like ours have a folding point, though. 

In terms of quality he's almost definitely an £15,000,000 striker, but, no one is going to pay like 120% of our entire turnover total. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
9 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Aye. 

The market you are operating in and the size and financial strength of your club has a bearing on how much people will be willing to pay.  As well as influencing your own breaking point. 

I don't agree with it in principle but it is what it is. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, For Fecks Sake said:

For genuine quality they will.

Ferguson was a 3,000,000 player when he left us. Now, he's worth seemingly 10 X that. 

The quality of the player has nothing to do with it, it's all to do with what the seller will fold at. 

2 minutes ago, CCB III said:

There's a limit to it all. It's why Celtic never get more than 20. We're unlikely to get more than 5/6. 

Magic if we do/did. They know that clubs like ours have a folding point, though. 

In terms of quality he's almost definitely an £15,000,000 striker, but, no one is going to pay like 120% of our entire turnover total. 

I would have agreed with you but i really think European football and his performances in them has helped us bolster his valuation. Plus the fact that anttackers are valued higher than any other position. 5 or 6m would be a massive kick in balls. 

5 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Ferguson was a 3,000,000 player when he left us. Now, he's worth seemingly 10 X that. 

The quality of the player has nothing to do with it, it's all to do with what the seller will fold at. 

I would say that it all depends who is interested.

If there are a few big hitters afc have a much stronger selling position.

10 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Celtic got more than 20 million for Jota did they not? 

Miovski will be here till max end of season. He'll want a move as we are not a big pull. A club (maybe serie A) will offer low ball for him, which will unsettle him and we'll end up accepting something slightly better (probably around 6m). We ain't holding out for 10m cause no one will pay it. 

Just now, Rabiusmaximus said:

Miovski will be here till max end of season. He'll want a move as we are not a big pull. A club (maybe serie A) will offer low ball for him, which will unsettle him and we'll end up accepting something slightly better (probably around 6m). We ain't holding out for 10m cause no one will pay it. 

Ok mystic meg

5 minutes ago, Rabiusmaximus said:

That’s fine, he stays then.

ps your point is purely subjective without any proof that we couldn’t end up with a 8 figure sum, plenty smaller nations/teams/ have been bid that for players with quality, especially an international striker, we as a club have proven recently that we produce good quality players and our transfer fees allude to that. Stop talking as if we are a small yikkity backwater team in the middle of nowhere as this rhetoric is utter shite.

thanks.

• Upvote 3

In my opinion there is a multitude of factors that will come into the fee we sell miovski for.

If we sell low it basically shows the rest of Europe and the Glasgow filth that we will bend over to the first sign of coin like wiggy would have done.

If we play hardball and he wants to go then he might think we're being unreasonable and play shite which in turn affects his value in the summer.

Also like it or not this trading model is the stradegee that we are going down and plucking a relative unknown for a small amount in the grand scheme of things showcasing him before making a wedge show potential investors and also players in Europe that coming to us and playing well will further your career while helping us.

I'm unsure of Cormack but he knows he has to get miovskis sale right as it will show he is on the right track or if we're still the wee team that just wants to pretend we have ambition.

My ideal would be he signs a deal with a release clause and moves on in the summer for a price that shows everyone that Aberdeen means business.

I'm sure gunner will be great for booking a flight and a rare hotel for bojans medical wherever he goes.

1 minute ago, Dons79 said:

That’s fine, he stays then.

ps your point is purely subjective without any proof that we couldn’t end up with a 8 figure sum, plenty smaller nations/teams/ have been bid that for players with quality, especially an international striker, we as a club have proven recently that we produce good quality players and our transfer fees allude to that. Stop talking as if we are a small yikkity backwater team in the middle of nowhere as this rhetoric is utter shite.

thanks.

We are though. We won’t get 8 figures. 

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1