Bojan Miovski

We couldn't replace him with £6m in January that's for fucking sure. If there is the slimmest, remotest chance of qualifying for Europe again, and that to me seems absolutely essential to the current funding model, he is the only hope. Especially with Robson in charge and the current state on the pitch. An offer of around £10m though and keeping him would be impossible as a club offering that would be offering him an incredible wage. That kind of cash could offset next seasons European cash loss.

The main fucking thing though for me is get that useless cunt Robson gone before any more serious cash is to be spent on players coming in. 

6 minutes ago, ahead on alphabet said:

The main fucking thing though for me is get that useless cunt Robson gone before any more serious cash is to be spent on players coming in. 

Higher priority is identifying potential replacements for Robson, we should be preparing for everything, even if the board want to stick by him they need to be prepared for that not working out.

1 hour ago, Helmet said:

I think the original post I replied to was that we couldn’t sell Miovski until we have signed his replacement.

I totally disagree and don’t think the club will take that view at all- they think they’ve signed Sokler to have that flexibility.

They can then look to sign a replacement after Miovski is gone in the knowledge they have a few options in the meantime.

PS- if you are expecting Miovski’s replacement to be as good as he is you may be very disappointed!

If he’s off in January he needs replaced and there’s no point trying to replace him after he’s gone, every club AFC try to negotiate with will hike prices up as they know AFC are flush. AFC need to get deals done before he gone or they’ll end up with no new players as Cormack will not pay over the odds

Of course I’m not expecting Miovski’s replacements to be at his level but he has to be replaced numbers wise as Gueye isn’t up to the level required. 

1 hour ago, Ernie McCracken said:

They can.

Ramadani anyone?

I’m not defending the board here but Robson did say Polvara was a direct replacement for Ramadani so he may well have told the board he didn’t need him replaced or the board where idiots as per usual and decided he wasn’t getting replaced. 

3 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

If he’s off in January he needs replaced and there’s no point trying to replace him after he’s gone, every club AFC try to negotiate with will hike prices up as they know AFC are flush. AFC need to get deals done before he gone or they’ll end up with no new players as Cormack will not pay over the odds

Of course I’m not expecting Miovski’s replacements to be at his level but he has to be replaced numbers wise as Gueye isn’t up to the level required. 

I’m not defending the board here but Robson did say Polvara was a direct replacement for Ramadani so he may well have told the board he didn’t need him replaced or the board where idiots as per usual and decided he wasn’t getting replaced. 

We tried to replace him last day of the window with a failed bid for Baccus from St Mirren

53 minutes ago, ahead on alphabet said:

We couldn't replace him with £6m in January that's for fucking sure. If there is the slimmest, remotest chance of qualifying for Europe again, and that to me seems absolutely essential to the current funding model, he is the only hope. Especially with Robson in charge and the current state on the pitch. An offer of around £10m though and keeping him would be impossible as a club offering that would be offering him an incredible wage. That kind of cash could offset next seasons European cash loss.

Jesus christ, who are you wanting us to sign for more than 6 million?

3 minutes ago, Robin Askwith said:

Even if Celtic were the highest bidder (which they won’t be) club should tell them the bid hasn’t been accepted due to them fucking us about with Scales at the end of last season, mak a cunt of them. 

They never fucked us about with Scales, they told us the price, we couldn't meet it.

25 minutes ago, NEM said:

And we should do likewise with Miovski - tell them it’s £10 million and they’ll tell us they can’t meet it. Everyone’s a winner!

Exactly. 

No add-ons except in the case of the initial asking price already being met, no substandard offers with a player they don't want thrown in, no fucking around with clubs who come in with derisory offers. 

Here's what we want, meet the price or take yourself elsewhere. 

28 minutes ago, Arthur FN Shelby said:

We could have the scenario of Miovski moving for £10 million, being a complete and total success in say Italy/ Premiership and the new club saying ‘ fantastic bargain we got for £10 million.’. If we don’t ask we won’t get.

I can’t see us getting that much good as he is. Would be lovely but seems unlikely to smash our previous record by so much. More likely the ceiling for us will be about £7-8m (with add ons etc) or something like that.

13 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Where’s the Sun getting their ‘£6m rated’ striker bit 🤷 who exactly has rated him at £6m? Are they going by the much spoken about rumours of £6m offer we rejected last summer? Even if so, then we clearly ‘rate’ him at more than £6m so who’s rated him at £6m 

The 2 Cheating Mafia clubs that rule Scottish fitba. 

3 hours ago, NEM said:

And we should do likewise with Miovski - tell them it’s £10 million and they’ll tell us they can’t meet it. Everyone’s a winner!

Don’t worry kid, he’s zero interest in moving to Glasgow.

Would enjoy accepting a decent sized bid for the boy, and him turning them down.

• Like 2

There is a rumour that we've already been contacted by a European club and they suggested £6million for a January deal but that we said no. Since Cormack we have really upped our game when it comes to getting decent money for our transfers out. It's also the case that the club would rather keep him for the second half of the season. But you always have the player to deal with too - if a quality European club want him and he is going to 8x his wages you have a problem trying to keep him.

Nah he's right. The old firm fans have a feeling of superiority over the rest of the league and that extends to them thinking they can cherry pick the best players from other teams should they want them. 

Aberdeen having a star player worth over £6M, smashes the illusion that they can lowball us and take him off our hands. Because the truth is they can't afford him and will be outbid. And Miovski probably has higher aspirations than getting bum raped in the Champs league.

That won't sit well with the sun / record readership so they will just repeat the narrative that the old firm are being linked etc etc because it's what they want to hear. 

• Upvote 5
37 minutes ago, JakieBastard said:

Nah he's right. The old firm fans have a feeling of superiority over the rest of the league and that extends to them thinking they can cherry pick the best players from other teams should they want them. 

Aberdeen having a star player worth over £6M, smashes the illusion that they can lowball us and take him off our hands. Because the truth is they can't afford him and will be outbid. And Miovski probably has higher aspirations than getting bum raped in the Champs league.

That won't sit well with the sun / record readership so they will just repeat the narrative that the old firm are being linked etc etc because it's what they want to hear. 

Apart from the fact that there is no old firm, you are totally correct.

• Upvote 5
1 hour ago, JakieBastard said:

I find it satisfying when they think a player is below them and only offer a few bob or no offer at all. All the Celtic fans saying John McGinn wasn’t good enough for them or Lewis Ferguson for rangers 😂

sometimes wonder what would have happened if McGinn went to Celtic. Reckon he’d have just stayed there and hit a wall of his potential much much lower than what he is now 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, JakieBastard said:

Yeah, like we do with smaller clubs than us?

Much did we pay for Ferguson?

• Haha 1
  • Dildo 1
1 hour ago, ahead on alphabet said:

I've not bought a newspaper in about 15-20 years but the other day there was one sitting on a cafe table, record i think it was, pretty sure it was priced at £1.70. 1poundfucking70! I can only imagine what kind of fucking moron is shelling that out every day in order to read about all the players linked with its club. 

"News"papers are so 90's it's unreal.

Cannot imagine why anyone would purchase one given the cost, the out of date headlines and all the untruths, particularly in the sports pages.

1 hour ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

"News"papers are so 90's it's unreal.

Cannot imagine why anyone would purchase one given the cost, the out of date headlines and all the untruths, particularly in the sports pages.

The Daily Record can't have long left in print form. Be good day when that rag finally closes down.

Year (period) Average circulation per issue
2005 (October)[18]

2010 (January)[19]

2012 (May)[20]

2015 (May)[21]

2016 (December)[22]

2017 (January)[23]

2019 (June)[24]

2019 (December)[25]

2021 (January)[26]

2022 (January)[27]

2023 (February)[28]