Bojan Miovski

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Che Adams is shite. Especially if anyone tries to label him as a ‘striker’ 

He would maybe be an improved player in midfield but he’s shite as a ‘striker’

Spot on I've never rated him only playing for Scotland due to no other strikers of any use.

He's in the same mould as other great international strikers, Brian McClair, Graeme Sharp  and David Speedie

• Upvote 2
On 1/5/2024 at 8:04 AM, Singapore Steve said:

Saw him and Ruby at Amsterdam airport on Wednesday evening,  got a photo of them with me son.   Departed by saying to Miovski that i hope his wave and shirt to the crowd on Tuesday was not his leaving gift to the fans,  smiled and winked.  Make of that what you will. 

And all the planes clapped and cheered.

5 hours ago, Dandyesque said:

I thought he was average.

I was being overly generous.

He’s shite but has somehow managed to get a gig as a ‘striker’ in a Scotland squad that is seriously lacking in strikers.

Scotland is so weak in attack that it is really scraping the barrel there. That is the only reason a player like Adams has ANY people arguing his case for caps. It’s pathetic.

Goalkeepers, central defenders & strikers we have a honking pool of piss to sample from. If we could have just half a dozen decent international level players (total) to fill these areas we would have a fkn great squad. We have a decent selection of perfectly competent/adequate (even great) players to choose from for FB/WB’s & all across midfield both defensive & creative/attacking but are stuck arguing for/against players like Adams as striking options because we all know just how shite we are there in reality 

52 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I was being overly generous.

He’s shite but has somehow managed to get a gig as a ‘striker’ in a Scotland squad that is seriously lacking in strikers.

Scotland is so weak in attack that it is really scraping the barrel there. That is the only reason a player like Adams has ANY people arguing his case for caps. It’s pathetic.

Goalkeepers, central defenders & strikers we have a honking pool of piss to sample from. If we could have just half a dozen decent international level players (total) to fill these areas we would have a fkn great squad. We have a decent selection of perfectly competent/adequate (even great) players to choose from for FB/WB’s & all across midfield both defensive & creative/attacking but are stuck arguing for/against players like Adams as striking options because we all know just how shite we are there in reality 

I wouldn't disagree but I can see a few reasons why Adams gets a game for Scotland and not many why he shouldn't. 

Shite or average, he's up with the best we have available unfortunately. 

8 hours ago, Dandyesque said:

I wouldn't disagree but I can see a few reasons why Adams gets a game for Scotland and not many why he shouldn't. 

Shite or average, he's up with the best we have available unfortunately. 

I think that is also overly generous. Not sure of those ‘few’ reasons for him  getting a game other than ‘one’ simple one that we have next to fk all other options 🤷 cannot think of a single other reason.
I think there are actually more reasons for him not getting a game than actually getting a game. Even given the fact there are zero ‘established’ strikers to choose from. 

Given our current choices I wouldn’t actually be disappointed in Clarke doing a Levein & going for a 4/6/0 if Adams was only fit striker in squad. 

2 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I think that is also overly generous. Not sure of those ‘few’ reasons for him  getting a game other than ‘one’ simple one that we have next to fk all other options 🤷 cannot think of a single other reason.
I think there are actually more reasons for him not getting a game than actually getting a game. Even given the fact there are zero ‘established’ strikers to choose from. 

Given our current choices I wouldn’t actually be disappointed in Clarke doing a Levein & going for a 4/6/0 if Adams was only fit striker in squad. 

McGinn and McTominay are better strikers than Adams

• Upvote 1
19 hours ago, davieb said:

Miovski is better that Che Adams 

This tenfold, however annoyingly given the way our league and the English leagues are viewed, Adams will probably go for an inflated £15m+ where as Miovski is seen as only worth about £6m.

Adams reminds me of an expensive version of Darren Mackie, works hard, runs around a lot and chases (why Steve Clarke rates him over Shankland) but isn't actually a that much of a finisher.

• Upvote 1
28 minutes ago, Tyzo_1903 said:

This tenfold, however annoyingly given the way our league and the English leagues are viewed, Adams will probably go for an inflated £15m+ where as Miovski is seen as only worth about £6m.

Adams reminds me of an expensive version of Darren Mackie, works hard, runs around a lot and chases (why Steve Clarke rates him over Shankland) but isn't actually a that much of a finisher.

Who was that Scottish boy going for like £18M a few years ago? 

he was absolutely murder. Surely he’s not still in the game? 

36 minutes ago, Tyzo_1903 said:

😄😄. Good post min.👍