The Luis Lopes Thread

20 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Looked great for Motherwell then was absolutely shite for us.  

He was fucking awful for us. A deflected effort (defender kicked the ball in an attempt to get it up the park but hit Blackman instead and into the net) up at Caley and a tap in on a Monday afternoon in Hamilton was all he had to show for his time at Aberdeen.  

I hope his wages were entirely covered by his parent club (Blackburn??) at the time of his loan to us. 

2 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

He was fucking awful for us. A deflected effort (defender kicked the ball in an attempt to get it up the park but hit Blackman instead and into the net) up at Caley and a tap in on a Monday afternoon in Hamilton was all he had to show for his time at Aberdeen.  

I hope his wages were entirely covered by his parent club (Blackburn??) at the time of his loan to us. 

Aye and we had to also take his agent's loon to sweeten the deal. 

16 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

When we just lost out to Sporting Lisbon in 2020, they had a number of their B side playing for them that night due to covid affecting some of their first team.

They weren't mugs though, so I think we'll be safe with the lad Lopes, if and when he signs for us.

We also got beat in the cup by the mighty Raith Rovers

7 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

The following season. 

You were comparing Benfica's B team to the brotherhood's colt teams, hence my comment. 

Night and day spring to mind. 

Not so sure there is much difference in quality in reality. Ryan Guald was a Portuguese B level player at similar age group & was bought for £3m or something 

Just not getting too overexcited by this guy yet for fear of let down. 

5 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Not so sure there is much difference in quality in reality. Ryan Guald was a Portuguese B level player at similar age group & was bought for £3m or something 

Just not getting too overexcited by this guy yet for fear of let down. 

That's fair enough min. 

If and when he signs, he has the attributes to be an asset to our club. No club in our league, just like Miovski, will enjoy playing against him. 

Good times await for Aberdeen, at long last.?

• Upvote 4