Stirling Albion 0 - 5 Aberdeen

Just now, TheRedPrawcess said:

Yeah it will be exactly the same just different provider for the punter.

We should just sell the rights for the Hun and Celtic games to the likes of sky. That's all they are really interested in showing anyway.  The sky deal is essentially a Hun and Celtic away game season ticket. 

Then let the home clubs sell the other games directly through their own channels.  Would also suit Huns and Celtic as hardly any of their home games are on sky anyway. 

You'd like to think they'd be a bit more savvy next time they sell the rights but I won't hold my breath. 

9 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

We should just sell the rights for the Hun and Celtic games to the likes of sky. That's all they are really interested in showing anyway.  The sky deal is essentially a Hun and Celtic away game season ticket. 

Then let the home clubs sell the other games directly through their own channels.  Would also suit Huns and Celtic as hardly any of their home games are on sky anyway. 

You'd like to think they'd be a bit more savvy next time they sell the rights but I won't hold my breath. 

Correct.

I actually think that's part of the deal. Those 2 only have home games televised if they're against each other. Otherwise their televised games are always away games. Domestically anyway. Other than special occassions like opening day of the season or whatever.

Sky also score with them being in European competitions as well, because if they play on a Thursday night their weekend game will always be the Sunday, which is prime for Sky sports showing that game. So knowing that one or both of them will often have games on a Sunday is exactly what they want.

Agree, but like you say it's the same shit every year with the TV deal

7 minutes ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

Correct.

I actually think that's part of the deal. Those 2 only have home games televised if they're against each other. Otherwise their televised games are always away games. Domestically anyway. Other than special occassions like opening day of the season or whatever.

Sky also score with them being in European competitions as well, because if they play on a Thursday night their weekend game will always be the Sunday, which is prime for Sky sports showing that game. So knowing that one or both of them will often have games on a Sunday is exactly what they want.

Agree, but like you say it's the same shit every year with the TV deal

At least when the deal was split between BT and Sky, BT were forced to promote the rest of the clubs as they didnt have the rights to many Hun and Celtic games

BT Sports coverage of Scottish football was miles ahead of Sky. They are an absolute embarrassment for our game.

Why would Sky (or anyone else) pay for the rights to all SPFL games, but only agree to actually show 20 or so of those games? Surely that's a total waste of money for 90% of what they are buying? Or is it because Doncaster only charges them pennies for the privilege of not showing them?

3 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

BT Sports coverage of Scottish football was miles ahead of Sky. They are an absolute embarrassment for our game.

Why would Sky (or anyone else) pay for the rights to all SPFL games, but only agree to actually show 20 or so of those games? Surely that's a total waste of money for 90% of what they are buying? Or is it because Doncaster only charges them pennies for the privilege of not showing them?

It's all about being able to say its "exclusive" i think, as well as shutting down any potential competition,

We need to be a bit braver i think, its a much bigger pond out there nowadays since streaming became a fairly straightforward exercise. The EPL sell their games in packages now, no reason why we can't do that or keep some packages for the clubs themselves

11 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

I'd assume the more they show the more they have to pay and they obviously think it's not worth it. They'll not want to take too many viewing slots away from EPL either. 

As someone who just watches Scottish football in general, I didn’t really consider the “exclusivity” factor. Because I’d watch what was on TV and then my own team on PPV basis if I couldn’t make it to the ground. 

But aye. They really should just market a Celtic and Sevco package and let everyone else get on with the rest. 

2 hours ago, Dons79 said:

Solid response, you the man, took me half an hour to write this due to the laughter, you ever thought of taking up stand up?garbage patter, garbage sentiment, posted for likes, cringe

Looks like I have upset a down-and-out weegie.

Chins up, big man.

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

It's all about being able to say its "exclusive" i think, as well as shutting down any potential competition,

We need to be a bit braver i think, its a much bigger pond out there nowadays since streaming became a fairly straightforward exercise. The EPL sell their games in packages now, no reason why we can't do that or keep some packages for the clubs themselves

Wonder whatever happened to the Deloitte review. This article was Dec 21 and there was another update from Cormack in Feb 22 saying we expect findings to come out in March. Then nothing as far as I can see? 

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/19782115.aberdeen-chairman-reveals-deloitte-review-spfl-will-show-tv-revenue-can-doubled-next-five-years/

20 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Has any explanation been given?

Just because COVID isn’t shutting football down now, doesn’t mean the PPV can’t still be a success & a money maker. 

There would’ve been a couple of thousand Dons fans out with the Aberdeen area, particularly the Central Belt, who might’ve been happy to fork out £10-£12 to watch the Dumbarton game via PPV for example.

That £20k would pay for 5 players wages for the week. 

Scottish football really doesn’t help itself at times. 

Thats a good enough explanation. 

12 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Can you give us more exact parameters as to what does and doesn’t constitute “a miss.”  It’ll save the site getting bogged down on this point later.  Thanks.

Any ball that comes anywhere near Ramirez and doesn't go into the back of the net can be counted as a miss.

Also, given the lesser standard of the opposition please don't inform me if we score any goals. Especially if they are Ramirez goals. Goals against shitey teams don't count.

35 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Good draw for us with Raith today

27 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Missed it. Thought it was next weekend.

25 minutes ago, Rico1903 said:

Stirling Albion win on penalties today. 

Yes, it's probably good Raith dropped points and prevented them playing for a 0-0 to win the group next week.

Another win on Tuesday hopefully