Stirling Albion 0 - 5 Aberdeen

2 hours ago, Dal Riata Don said:

It will be interesting to see how Goodwin sets us up for this;

Against Peterhead, Stewart was almost at the half-way line launching long balls to the wings and our midfield was almost redundant.

Against Dumbarton, lower-league opposition than Peterhead, yet our defense played a lower line and Vinny dropped back to link defense and midfield.   

Against Stirling, I wonder if the defense will be deeper and our tactics will be more centered around what the midfield can produce?

Either way, as mentioned prior, I hope we start without Scales to give his understudy more game time*.

*Just seen Goodwin's preview for the Albion game and Scales will start! Seems like a strange choice...

I’d say but if a silly decision starting scales, bates needs game time 

4 hours ago, Dal Riata Don said:

It will be interesting to see how Goodwin sets us up for this;

Against Peterhead, Stewart was almost at the half-way line launching long balls to the wings and our midfield was almost redundant.

Against Dumbarton, lower-league opposition than Peterhead, yet our defense played a lower line and Vinny dropped back to link defense and midfield.   

Against Stirling, I wonder if the defense will be deeper and our tactics will be more centered around what the midfield can produce?

Either way, as mentioned prior, I hope we start without Scales to give his understudy more game time*.

*Just seen Goodwin's preview for the Albion game and Scales will start! Seems like a strange choice...

Hardly strange to start with what he probably believes to be his strongest defence) in a match that isn't a dead rubber.  

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, redone said:

Hardly strange to start with what he probably believes to be his strongest defence) in a match that isn't a dead rubber.  

Jim Goodwin said today he’ll go as strong as he can tomorrow.

He also said in a roundabout way we’d play the intended “Parkhead” defence against Raith.

I still think he’ll go with the experience of Bates alongside Stewart as opposed to young Jack Milne. 

On 7/15/2022 at 1:47 PM, TheRedPrawcess said:

Correct.

I actually think that's part of the deal. Those 2 only have home games televised if they're against each other. Otherwise their televised games are always away games. Domestically anyway. Other than special occassions like opening day of the season or whatever.

Sky also score with them being in European competitions as well, because if they play on a Thursday night their weekend game will always be the Sunday, which is prime for Sky sports showing that game. So knowing that one or both of them will often have games on a Sunday is exactly what they want.

Agree, but like you say it's the same shit every year with the TV deal

It's nothing sinister though, is it?

There's more of their fans, therefore more subscriptions by showing their games

It really is as simple as that 

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Jim Goodwin said today he’ll go as strong as he can tomorrow.

He also said in a roundabout way we’d play the intended “Parkhead” defence against Raith.

I still think he’ll go with the experience of Bates alongside Stewart as opposed to young Jack Milne. 

He's nae daft though surely and if he's not given Bates decent game time then he's not gonna bring him in from the cold surely?

Other than Barron/Miovski there is no conceivable reason to have Celtic Park as anyones first start of the season

• Upvote 1

Not sure why folk are obsessed about Bates getting games before Celtic Park. 

I'd imagine he's not playing so far because Goodwin wants to win football matches. 

He's given Milne minutes though so maybe he's intending to play him against Celtic. Or put McCrorie back in defence for the game if Barron is fit. 

Let's win the next two games first and then worry about Celtic rather than fanny about trying to give David fucking Bates games when he hasn't deserved any. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

He's nae daft though surely and if he's not given Bates decent game time then he's not gonna bring him in from the cold surely?

Other than Barron/Miovski there is no conceivable reason to have Celtic Park as anyones first start of the season

McCrorie at centre half then, but leaves a hole in midfield as it doesn’t look like Barron will be match fit, if fit at all. 

5 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

McCrorie at centre half then, but leaves a hole in midfield as it doesn’t look like Barron will be match fit, if fit at all. 

Still the best part of two weeks before the Celtic game. 

And he's said he's after another 2 or 3 players. 

Bit early to be worrying about the team against Celtic. 

And not everything hinges on the Celtic game. 

39 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

35 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

We're fairly well covered in centre midfield tbh. 

27 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Disagree. 

Without  McCrorie in there, & Barron injured, we only have Ramadani & Polvara 

How does 4 - 2 leave a hole in centre midfield?