Hayden Coulson signs

14 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Hesitate to use the Sliding doors analogy but he smashes that chance in the last minute into the net, we somehow survive extra time and the Huns shite it in the penalties as they do.

If only…..

(then we’d have found an even more humiliating way to lose to fucking Darvel)

The fact is, he didn't. He's shite. Get rid.

23 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

I’d give him a go as a winger for a few games. He’s not good enough defensively to play in defence.

The only game I can remember him playing well was the cup semi at Hampden. Probably our MOTM that day

Liam Scales played well that game also, the only game he's done well in post world cup break.

3 minutes ago, Dave Bus said:

Let’s not be fooled here, looks brilliant when we’re coasting at home against a motherwell/Livingston/st Johnstone but when the going gets tough he’s always the first to down tools. Just remember he’s only putting himself in the shop window with his time here.

It's exactly how each of our players should approach a game

Putting themselves in the shop window

Its why I don't understand if any player downs tools, it just makes people think they aren't worth signing 

Play every game like the Atletico Madrid scout is watching and eventually, they will be

I'm astonished he's bagged a new contract with 'Boro but he was pretty consistent that after his loan was up with us, his preference was remaining down south. Especially with them going so well, I could understand it more if they were mid table or lower and out of the running for promotion, but they're sitting third and although it looks unlikely they'll catch either Sheffield and (especially) Burnley, they must fancy their chances at this point of making the play-offs at worst. Coulson is in no way EPL standard if they do go up. 

Another one of those players who offers some nice moments, neat touches here and there and positive runs forward, but should be in no way difficult to replace. 

Don't rate his defensive positioning for a start and would hope we're in the market for a permanent addition, who can do that side of it as well as supporting us in attacking phases.

• Upvote 1

If you could magically combine MacKenzie with Coulson into one player, we'd have a very decent left back. 

Sadly, separately they just aren't good enough. I'd probably use MacKenzie (if he ever stays fit) in the matches against the arse cheeks and Hearts. We need his defensive qualities in those. The rest, Coulson is the better option as he gives us an attacking threat that MacKenzie just doesn't possess.

Need a new (permanent signing please) left back for next season

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

If you could magically combine MacKenzie with Coulson into one player, we'd have a very decent left back. 

Sadly, separately they just aren't good enough. I'd probably use MacKenzie (if he ever stays fit) in the matches against the arse cheeks and Hearts. We need his defensive qualities in those. The rest, Coulson is the better option as he gives us an attacking threat that MacKenzie just doesn't possess.

Couldn't agree more.

I remember MacKenzie saying earlier in the season he needs to improve the offensive part of his game and that he was happy he tried something in a particular match.

Don't think he's of the standard we need at the moment but at least he's shown a willingness to learn. Would like to see him given a run in the team or loaned out as potentially he could get better.

• Dildo 1
34 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Would rather a young Afc player gets a chance than a boy committed to Boro. 

Easy to say, but McKenzie isn't as good as Coulson. So, we'd be weakening our team in the hopes JMC became as good? 

Be waiting a while for that, I think. McKenzie is probably best utilised as a CB in a 3. 

Miles of ability between he and Coulson. 

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

I'm not sure MacKenzie is better than Coulson in any department at all. 

Coulson was absolutely grand defensively in the last game and has been in plenty of the games earlier in the season - he had a particularly good game defensively against either Sevco or Celtic in the fairly recent run of games. He is decent in the tackle, and has plenty pace to cover etc - his problem at times is his positioning and I think a lot of that would be solved if the central defenders and goalkeeper communicated better - they need to be telling the full backs / wing backs where they should be, or at least helping them out. For most of the season we've had Roos / Lewis and McCrorie, Stewart and Scales in central defence who are not vocal and who couldn't organise themselves never mind the rest of the defence. Perhaps with the new guys in place who seem more vocal, and also Shinnie back in the team it will help Coulson's positioning. Might even help someone like Richardson although I get the feeling he may be a lost cause.

MacKenzie is nowhere near Coulson's level. Coulson is probably the best football player we've had at the club since James Maddison in terms of technical ability - some of the stuff he does on the ball is sensational.

• Dildo 1
1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

You'd have one hell of an injury prone player. 

• Haha 1