Hayden Coulson signs

7 minutes ago, RDS said:

Hancock and Ngenwya both left back options 

I hoped between Coulson, Mackenzie, Hancock, Ngwenya and Towler that one would emerge this season as a clear candidate for long term first pick.

That has not gone very well so far hence Jonny Hayes starting at left back.

41 minutes ago, REDRODDIE said:

Coulson is made of chocolate. 

I’ve still not forgotten last few weeks and he’s been a part of it.

Glad he won’t be coming here permanently. 

Correct.

Regardless of how well they do now, they're still a collection of fucking shitbags, and I want them all out of the club. 

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

I hoped between Coulson, Mackenzie, Hancock, Ngwenya and Towler that one would emerge this season as a clear candidate for long term first pick.

That has not gone very well so far hence Jonny Hayes starting at left back.

I think one of the young lads such as Hancock , Ngwenya or towler might be ok if they were given minutes and weren't out on loan , you never know until you try them nut we are under a fair bit of pressure so sometimes its not a good time to drop one in. I know some people say it works ect and it can do especially for strikers or maybe a midfielder but in defence one mistake and you basically give away a goal 

11 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Correct.

Regardless of how well they do now, they're still a collection of fucking shitbags, and I want them all out of the club. 

Some people can forgive and forget quickly which is fair enough. Better men than me.

Majority of the players the last few weeks have been part of the worst run of results in our history. Im looking forward to May when it’s rebuild time again.

I might return to the terraces next season we shall see. 

For the time being I won’t be giving them a penny of my hard earned or any vocal backing. 

Things at the club are still rotten as far as RODDIE is concerned 

23 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Maybe he is

But he is galaxy at least, whereas Mackenzie is wispa 

Not even Cadbury wispa, aldi version, whisper

He’s a talented footballer no question very very tidy on the ball etc.

Goes awol at times tho. 

The terrible night at rugby park he seemed to be playing as a Striker the fact he was hooked at halftime tells me Maybe shouldn’t have been that far up the park. 

That said wouldn’t be suprised if he carves out a decent career for himself at English championship level. 

Some of those ALDI chocolates are as tasty as their expensive counterparts and a helluva cheaper-Mackenzie isn’t that bad and is a natural CB nae a LB would like to see him given a chance there at some point.

7 minutes ago, REDRODDIE said:

He’s a talented footballer no question very very tidy on the ball etc.

Goes awol at times tho. 

The terrible night at rugby park he seemed to be playing as a Striker the fact he was hooked at halftime tells me Maybe shouldn’t have been that far up the park. 

That said wouldn’t be suprised if he carves out a decent career for himself at English championship level. 

Some of those ALDI chocolates are as tasty as their expensive counterparts and a helluva cheaper-Mackenzie isn’t that bad and is a natural CB nae a LB would like to see him given a chance there at some point.

Agreed and will earn a very decent wages compared to here.  He might be one of those players who thrives in a stronger team, for example when he goes forward others will naturally drop in to help him out.

• Upvote 1
23 minutes ago, thurso said:

All of them come on now that can’t be right. 

All of them. 

We know what kind of people they are, and what if they decide they don't feel like playing for the next manager either? 

Or if they don't fancy it because it's raining. 

Sell them, get rid of them at the end of their contract, or release them. 

4 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

All of them. 

We know what kind of people they are, and what if they decide they don't feel like playing for the next manager either? 

Or if they don't fancy it because it's raining. 

Sell them, get rid of them at the end of their contract, or release them. 

I’d keep duk personally and Iv been told by the clever folk on here ramadani is a player but I probably actually agree with you 😂

5 minutes ago, RUL said:

I think he’s a cracking player. His footwork is on another planet to Mackenzie. Think he’s one of those who’s improving in people mind the longer he’s out. 

He's a cracking attacking player.  But a horrendous defender who can't be relied on. 

Modern full back and all that, but Coulson is taking the lack of defensive ability to the extreme. 

5 minutes ago, RUL said:

I think he’s a cracking player. His footwork is on another planet to Mackenzie. Think he’s one of those who’s improving in people mind the longer he’s out. 

Mackenzie is not good enough for a top six spfl team. He's possibly not even good enough for top flight.

McInnes was bombing him out completely and may well be proven right in another year or two.

8 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Just a reminder for those folk that want to forgive and forget. 

Ramadani is a really good spfl player.

If he was playing for Dundee or Motherwell earning £800/week all the clubs would be buzzing to get hold of him.

He doesn't play 40-50 games a season for a winning team.

2 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Even if you don’t think he’s good enough? 

Would I personally rather we tried to develop and improve our own players so hopefully we can let them progress for more money so we can help produce the next lot of young talent or help Boro get a player back playing for them that might kick on and earn a big move so creating millions for them. Let me see. Might not happen but I’d rather in this case we nurtured our own talent and try to make him better. But it’s your right to have a different opinion and want to help Boro or Ajax or Liverpool etc etc 

14 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Would I personally rather we tried to develop and improve our own players so hopefully we can let them progress for more money so we can help produce the next lot of young talent or help Boro get a player back playing for them that might kick on and earn a big move so creating millions for them. Let me see. Might not happen but I’d rather in this case we nurtured our own talent and try to make him better. But it’s your right to have a different opinion and want to help Boro or Ajax or Liverpool etc etc 

We need to help ourselves get points at the moment. 

Coulson made it clear he was never signing permanently right at the start. 

Should we drop Clarkson and Pollock as well because they won't be signing for us either? 

Or drop Shinnie as he's in his 30s and won't net us a fee if he does sign permanently? 

I'd rather we had good enough players on our books that we didn't have to loan so many players but the reality is we just don't at the moment. 

5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Should we drop Clarkson and Pollock as well because they won't be signing for us either? 

Or drop Shinnie as he's on his 30s and won't net us a fee if he does sign permanently? 

I'd rather we had good enough players on our books that we didn't have to loan so many players but the reality is we just don't at the moment. 

It’s not the point I am talking about tho, I said I hope Mackenzie can come onto a game as I’d rather play our own players. The option is no he’s rubbish, well that’s their opinion. My point is I don’t mind the odd loan especially in January window but a summer recruitment of loans is fruitless. But I’m pragmatic enough to know at moment we need points. But like everyone on here we want to produce or develop players, make them better. Too many on here slaughter youth the second they play and then two facedly say what about Dna and youth! Pathetic really 

2 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

It’s not the point I am talking about tho, I said I hope Mackenzie can come onto a game as I’d rather play our own players. The option is no he’s rubbish, well that’s their opinion. My point is I don’t mind the odd loan especially in January window but a summer recruitment of loans is fruitless. But I’m pragmatic enough to know at moment we need points. But like everyone on here we want to produce or develop players, make them better. Too many on here slaughter youth the second they play and then two facedly say what about Dna and youth! Pathetic really 

We can be wildly optimistic and pessimistic in equal measure about our own young players. 

It's maybe because we desperately want them to do well at the start then get disillusioned when they don't live up to our unrealistic expectations. 

But at the same time most people on here have an expectation that we finish 3rd as a minimum every year so that makes it harder to be patient with young players, especially when we're sitting in 7th playing catch up. 

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

Ramadani is a really good spfl player.

If he was playing for Dundee or Motherwell earning £800/week all the clubs would be buzzing to get hold of him.

He doesn't play 40-50 games a season for a winning team.

Has he ever played 40-50 games a season for a winning team 

11 hours ago, Millertime said:

Lol

Correct.

Only judging from what I've seen, both are fucking hopeless.

Particularly Hancock, who could be one of the most pish attempts at a football player I've witnessed in my entire puff.

9 hours ago, perthshirered said:

Hopefully he doesn't force his way in as he is fucking shite. 

Absolutely. He's had more than enough opportunities to demonstrate if he is of required standard. He's not.

9 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Mackenzie is not good enough for a top six spfl team. He's possibly not even good enough for top flight.

McInnes was bombing him out completely and may well be proven right in another year or two.

FFS, don't tell @ERNIE that.

13 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Or drop Shinnie as he's in his 30s and won't net us a fee if he does sign permanently? 

Good post. At the moment it's all about trying to get 4th.  If by some random luck we end up 10 points clear in 4th then we can maybe look at dropping in players to see what they're like