Hayden Coulson signs

12 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

We can be wildly optimistic and pessimistic in equal measure about our own young players. 

It's maybe because we desperately want them to do well at the start then get disillusioned when they don't live up to our unrealistic expectations. 

But at the same time most people on here have an expectation that we finish 3rd as a minimum every year so that makes it harder to be patient with young players, especially when we're sitting in 7th playing catch up. 

Another good post. Don't want to go to far off topic but yet again a bigger league or normal league (play eachother twice) would allow for better development. At the moment the league is so small a couple of loses and your looking at relegation 

I agree re getting the points and challenging for 3rd, but just slightly confused by a “strategy “ of so many loans who we know aren’t interested in signing for us. To me seems counter productive of developing and selling on talent to progress the club on and off the field. But we are certainly now in a position where the best player we have for a position starts.

13 minutes ago, englishred said:

Another good post. Don't want to go to far off topic but yet again a bigger league or normal league (play eachother twice) would allow for better development. At the moment the league is so small a couple of loses and your looking at relegation 

You can forget about expanding the league. It's a subject that's been done to death down the years.

The reason the Premier League was set up back in the mid 70s was supposedly to create a league where there would be fewer matches between mid table sides where the outcome by mid-season was practically of no consequence. These sides weren't going to win the league, nor were they going to get relegated. At least that's what they told us.

Real reason was that clubs wanted a guaranteed minimum of 2 home games against each of the Old Firm to boost their finances. And for certain (nearly all) clubs, that premise still exists today, albeit they're now, because of the split, only guaranteed 3 in total 

Just now, Ten Caat said:

You can forget about expanding the league. It's a subject that's been done to death down the years.

The reason the Premier League was set up back in the mid 70s was supposedly to create a league where there would be fewer matches between mid table sides where the outcome by mid-season was practically of no consequence. These sides weren't going to win the league, nor were they going to get relegated. At least that's what they told us.

Real reason was that clubs wanted a guaranteed minimum of 2 home games against each of the Old Firm to boost their finances. And for certain (nearly all) clubs, that premise still exists today, albeit they're now, because of the split, only guaranteed 3 in total 

But have not most normal top 6 clubs cut the away allocation, so having the two more doesn’t really matter? The bottom 6 as you say only get 1 extra visit, which could be counter productive to them 

23 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

I agree re getting the points and challenging for 3rd, but just slightly confused by a “strategy “ of so many loans who we know aren’t interested in signing for us. To me seems counter productive of developing and selling on talent to progress the club on and off the field. But we are certainly now in a position where the best player we have for a position starts.

We signed a number of shit players in the summer and got in a few loans to cover the positions we didn't manage to recruit in. 

We had to get more loans in January to plug the gaps created by the shit players. 

It's as simple as that 

16 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I wasn’t around when the league was bigger but I remember listening to sportsound one afternoon and they were talking about making the league bigger. The usual ones were saying it needed to be bigger it’s what we need.

After not saying anything Richard Gordon said to god “willie your awfully quite what do you think” god comes out with “I played in the 70s when it was an 18 team league and it was crap. Why would we want to go back to that.”
The rest all pretty much shut up after that and they moved quickly onto another topic. 

• Haha 2
55 minutes ago, thurso said:

I wasn’t around when the league was bigger but I remember listening to sportsound one afternoon and they were talking about making the league bigger. The usual ones were saying it needed to be bigger it’s what we need.

After not saying anything Richard Gordon said to god “willie your awfully quite what do you think” god comes out with “I played in the 70s when it was an 18 team league and it was crap. Why would we want to go back to that.”
The rest all pretty much shut up after that and they moved quickly onto another topic. 

It’s crap now to be fair? The positive is we’d only go into season thinking we would definitely lose 4 times instead of 8

34 minutes ago, thurso said:

Ye but even now we shouldn’t be going into a season thinking we are definitely loosing 8 games tho 

I think it must have been a Simon Ferry video but cannae mind who was being interviewed. Anyway, they were talking about at the start of the season giving the players a fixture list and breaking it in to sections and asking the players to write down how many points they could win within each section. They tallied up everybody's cards and Michael Hart had us winning the whole league with his predictions. Be like Michael Hart.

1 hour ago, Russell said:

I think it must have been a Simon Ferry video but cannae mind who was being interviewed. Anyway, they were talking about at the start of the season giving the players a fixture list and breaking it in to sections and asking the players to write down how many points they could win within each section. They tallied up everybody's cards and Michael Hart had us winning the whole league with his predictions. Be like Michael Hart.

I must be like Michael hart. I remember when I was a young 18 year old playing for a team and a new manager joined at the start of the season and got everyone to stand up and say where we should be aiming for in the season. A lot of the older ones were saying if we finish mid table and don’t get relegated it would be good. My turn to stand up I said I think we will win the league, the manager loved that was delighted and showed me as the example of what we should aim for. 

• Dildo 1
7 minutes ago, thurso said:

I must be like Michael hart. I remember when I was a young 18 year old playing for a team and a new manager joined at the start of the season and got everyone to stand up and say where we should be aiming for in the season. A lot of the older ones were saying if we finish mid table and don’t get relegated it would be good. My turn to stand up I said I think we will win the league, the manager loved that was delighted and showed me as the example of what we should aim for. 

Where did you finish? 

8 minutes ago, thurso said:

Did you get relegated?

1 hour ago, thurso said:

And how far did you get in football?

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Where did you finish? 

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Did you get relegated?

We finished 3rd. Didn’t quite manage to get my lofty ambitions of winning the league 😂

37 minutes ago, Millertime said:

And how far did you get in football?

Didn’t make it professionally but got to a pretty decent level 

18 hours ago, thurso said:

Has he ever played 40-50 games a season for a winning team 

His last club got relegated before he left I think?

It shows how far we’ve fallen that some people thinks he looks good.

He’s not good enough for Aberdeen and won’t ever go higher than us.

Personally would rather see the now unpopular Barron feature every week and possibly rediscover his pre injury form but the fact Ramandani has a cool name seems to be enough for some silly fans to wax lyrical about him. 

He got the piss ripped out of him by part time players. Never ever forget it.

He’s a charlatan that doesn’t no what it means to play for Aberdeen. 

• Dildo 4
20 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Just a reminder for those folk that want to forgive and forget. 

Absolutely on board with you here. Too many happy clappers suddenly just back on board with these imposters of players after a 3-1 win vs mwell. 

Never forget the great shame these clowns have brought on the city and shire! 

• Dildo 1
4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye and no one called him a charlatan who didn't know what it meant to play for Aberdeen either. 

5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye and no one called him a charlatan who didn't know what it meant to play for Aberdeen either. 

No, he knew what it meant to play for us.

Ramdani disna he’s nae good enough for us. Need better. Can find better cms in the junior ranks in Scotland. 

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1