Leighton Clarkson

39 minutes ago, minijc said:

It's really not as simple as that, teams know we'll look to get him and Duk on the ball as quickly as possible so they cut off the supply and sometimes double up on them.  

That's spot on min in terms of simplicity. However, that's were a bit of football intelligence (love the film I.D.) and nous should come into his mindset to rise above that.

1 minute ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

True min but I expect him to have a bit more to his game in terms of class, running off the ball, and being more involved in matches.

I haven’t managed to get to much games this season but 1 thing that did surprise me when watching him live was his energy and breaking up play. 

If we can get Clarkson I genuinely think he will be one of our best signings since the likes of Nicholas, Schnelders and Gillhaus, right up there with the best over the past 30 years or so.  The lad has an inert ability, that with refinement can make him an absolute star in the future.  Duk, Miovski and Roos also been fabulous, if we can pull this off this would be a great coup and we start to look like a very good team indeed.  Pollock and Scales next please. 

• Upvote 2
7 minutes ago, Chester Don said:

If we can get Clarkson I genuinely think he will be one of our best signings since the likes of Nicholas, Schnelders and Gillhaus, right up there with the best over the past 30 years or so.  The lad has an inert ability, that with refinement can make him an absolute star in the future.  Duk, Miovski and Roos also been fabulous, if we can pull this off this would be a great coup and we start to look like a very good team indeed.  Pollock and Scales next please. 

Gillhaus was a proven Dutch international when we signed him. Calm down 

And Pollok won’t be back.

If we do sign him then the rest of the signings need to be spot on. He thrives in a relatively fluid attacking role with balls to feet. If we end up bringing in a load of hoofballers then he would be as well staying at Liverpool reserves or whatever. 

if we get the signings right then he will be instrumental in our season.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

If he does improve the parts of his game that require it and it happens to be with AFC, then that'll be magic.👍

I know where you're coming from about drifting in and out of games, but as the season progressed he became much more involved. As Sooper-hanz said, playing real football rather than reserves has brought his game on more and more. Could be a special player at our level, we've not had someone who can split the defence with one pass for a very long time. 

• Upvote 2
59 minutes ago, G31DON said:

I know where you're coming from about drifting in and out of games, but as the season progressed he became much more involved. As Sooper-hanz said, playing real football rather than reserves has brought his game on more and more. Could be a special player at our level, we've not had someone who can split the defence with one pass for a very long time. 

Totally agree.

Will be interesting to see how ambitious Aberdeen are.

3 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

Absolutely. Once Robson took charge he was getting right in about it. Definitely started doing a lot more off the ball.

Robson built his transition exploiting tactics around Clarkson and his passing range.

He'd be a huge signing in terms of how we play.