January 2023 Transfer Window

7 hours ago, winchester83 said:

I would suggest if Miwoski is keen to move on then for his sake and ours we say we’re open to offers at the end of the season That gives him time to show how good a player he is at the same time increasing his transfer value. We have a better chance of securing third place bringing the financial advantages, which also allows as time to scout a replacement.

Got a feeling Duk will go before him..

46 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

If we add a competent right back, and upgrade the CB area, I think that might be enough to finish 3rd this year.   Also think we'd need to keep Miovski.

So, in short, I think we're two quality players away from guaranteeing that Europa League windfall.

Too simplistic to say that

If everyone else stays fit and we don't get a raft of suspensions then we are probably strong favourites for it. Could only really see Hearts challenging us for it. 

But a couple of longish term injuries (upwards of 6 weeks) to Miovski and Duk after the window has closed would probably be fatal for our chances. Doubtful we'd even finish top 6

1 hour ago, Sonoftherock said:

If we add a competent right back, and upgrade the CB area, I think that might be enough to finish 3rd this year.   Also think we'd need to keep Miovski.

So, in short, I think we're two quality players away from guaranteeing that Europa League windfall.

26 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Too simplistic to say that

If everyone else stays fit and we don't get a raft of suspensions then we are probably strong favourites for it. Could only really see Hearts challenging us for it. 

But a couple of longish term injuries (upwards of 6 weeks) to Miovski and Duk after the window has closed would probably be fatal for our chances. Doubtful we'd even finish top 6

The first choice centre back coming in as a key signing ('best aberdeen player' kind of level) is more important than the right back.

We still need a right back but I don't see that as a signing that could lift the whole team. A loan signing from England for 4 months would be my shout there and keep powder dry for a bosman free transfer in the summer. 

2 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Clarity on whether we would even see any of the transfer fee, would be good to know, given the rumour was we got him for zilch, with Benfica getting 100% of the sell on

Why would we agree a deal like that? We sign him on a 4 year deal,  develop the player and get nothing when he moves on?

deary me.🤦‍♂️

5 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Clarity on whether we would even see any of the transfer fee, would be good to know, given the rumour was we got him for zilch, with Benfica getting 100% of the sell on

Has to be a pile of shit surely? 

For it to work, there would have to be a fixed price whereby we were compelled to sell. If there wasn't, we'd just keep him until his contract ran out and Benfica would get sweet FA

2 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

I think adding another centre mid is key as we have so few options in there.

1 hour ago, G31DON said:

Why would we agree a deal like that? We sign him on a 4 year deal,  develop the player and get nothing when he moves on?

deary me.🤦‍♂️

Agree it sounds like shite (there'd be zero incentive for us to sell) but he's only on a 3 year deal unfortunately

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

Apart from the fact it was widely reported we paid about £350k for him with a hefty sell on. You would think the best they would get is 50%

18 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Apart from the fact it was widely reported we paid about £350k for him with a hefty sell on. You would think the best they would get is 50%

If we paid that fee surely they don’t have as high as that %. I would of assumed 50% would of been about right if we didn’t pay any kind of fee. 

6 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Hefty was reported? I thought 50 was the best, hopefully only about 25

Yeah I recall 2 figures being reported. We paid circa 400k. But after it was confirmed I remember reports saying he may of actually got him for free with a big clause. Think hibs got the boy Tavares or whatever his name is for free with a big clause. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, slippers said:

Yeah I recall 2 figures being reported. We paid circa 400k. But after it was confirmed I remember reports saying he may of actually got him for free with a big clause. Think hibs got the boy Tavares or whatever his name is for free with a big clause. 

Aye if he kicks on and big offers come in, Hibs will be asking "whodunit" when it comes to agreeing to that. Apparently the Hobo's wifies team are costing a fortune to run and it's diverting cash away from the mannies team but at least he'll be worth more than a woman. Even if they do make cash on him, it'll likely get used on compensation for their managerial team. It only takes a minute for them to fire one lot and bring in another. Personally, I reckon they should employ a decent medium and contact Eddie Turnbull for advice from beyond the grave. He might even fancy it himself, but if he does, then surely heaven must be missing an angel

Ok I'll get my coat....

9 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Where did you hear that chat? The only one I’ve seen is that we got him for free, with benefits getting 50% of the sell on…