Wold Cup Betting

What's yer tips then?

I've went big on Iran, still think the prices around them are crazy. 12/1 to beat England on Monday seems far too big to me in the circumstances.

I've had a bet on Uruguay at 50/1 as well. Their first 11 is strong but they lack squad depth.

The circumstances around all this make me think it's a shock on the cards.

Guest Grays Babylon 1875
2 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

What's yer tips then?

I've went big on Iran, still think the prices around them are crazy. 12/1 to beat England on Monday seems far too big to me in the circumstances.

I've had a bet on Uruguay at 50/1 as well. Their first 11 is strong but they lack squad depth.

The circumstances around all this make me think it's a shock on the cards.

Qatar will probably win it. 

If I was a betting mungle I would bung some money on Denmark.   Imagine you could get a decent return on them and they are a very good side. 

6 minutes ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

Qatar will probably win it. 

If I was a betting mungle I would bung some money on Denmark.   Imagine you could get a decent return on them and they are a very good side. 

It's the weather that puts me off them. The cunts will be melting and no chance to acclimatise. Lassie on radio was saying it's 32c there today.

They are a decent side and would've made the Euro final if it wasn't for those cheating English cunts.

Guest Grays Babylon 1875
8 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

It's the weather that puts me off them. The cunts will be melting and no chance to acclimatise. Lassie on radio was saying it's 32c there today.

They are a decent side and would've made the Euro final if it wasn't for those cheating English cunts.

32 is not that bad to be honest.  Fuck knows.   

They'll have big lovely Air Con blasting cool air on to their sexy viking heads.  And they have Christian Eriksen who, lets face it, is a Terminator.  Part man/part machine. 

Price are they?

28 minutes ago, thedandydon said:

Interested to hear the reasoning behind thinking Iran will be anything other than cannon fodder in the groups?

In fairness, they have been workmanlike in past tourneys, but do they carry a goal threat?

Argentina to win, but outsiders maybe the Swiss or the Danes.

They are 20th ranked by Fifa, Taremi who plays up front has scored 5 in the CL this season,Azmoun from Bayer Leverkusen has a good record at international level. They've a vastly experienced manager, will have no issues with the climate, a big support with them and will be fired up to beat USA and England as they are big grudge games for them.

I don't think they'll win it but for 750/1 on Betfair I reckon I'll get a run for my money and decent cash out options should they get out the group.

Guest Grays Babylon 1875
5 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

They are 20th ranked by Fifa, Taremi who plays up front has scored 5 in the CL this season,Azmoun from Bayer Leverkusen has a good record at international level. They've a vastly experienced manager, will have no issues with the climate, a big support with them and will be fired up to beat USA and England as they are big grudge games for them.

I don't think they'll win it but for 750/1 on Betfair I reckon I'll get a run for my money and decent cash out options should they get out the group.

Plus if they don't win it they will get beheaded and their grandmothers thrown in to a pit of vipers. 

They'll be well up for it.

20 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

On the face of it England should win the group no bother but you’ve got 3 unpredictable sides in there. The US don’t look up to much but Wales can certainly punch above their weight at times and maybe Iran can make things difficult for them.

Nae sure climate will be an advantage but its as close to home as they’ll get for a WC so they should be well backed. Wonder what odds they are to qualify from the group?

5 minutes ago, thedandydon said:

On the face of it England should win the group no bother but you’ve got 3 unpredictable sides in there. The US don’t look up to much but Wales can certainly punch above their weight at times and maybe Iran can make things difficult for them.

Nae sure climate will be an advantage but its as close to home as they’ll get for a WC so they should be well backed. Wonder what odds they are to qualify from the group?

I think the climate will be massive. Normally teams would have a couple of weeks to acclimatise but none of that this time. I also don't buy the air con thing. No way you can effectively air condition an outside stadium in a desert.

1 hour ago, manboobs109 said:

maybe put them on to get out the group 

Guest Grays Babylon 1875
47 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

I think the climate will be massive. Normally teams would have a couple of weeks to acclimatise but none of that this time. I also don't buy the air con thing. No way you can effectively air condition an outside stadium in a desert.

Aye ok Elon. 

5 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

I was fucking baltic in the stand watching Costa Rica vs New Zealand in June there - getting into high summer. Shorts and flip flops granted, but there's AC vents under every seat.

November - high 20s in evenings? In a ACd almost enclosed bowl? I reckon European players see tougher conditions every August 

2 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

I was fucking baltic in the stand watching Costa Rica vs New Zealand in June there - getting into high summer. Shorts and flip flops granted, but there's AC vents under every seat.

November - high 20s in evenings? In a ACd almost enclosed bowl? I reckon European players see tougher conditions every August 

They're no sitting in seats though min. I might be proven wrong but heat will be an issue.

21 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

Manboobs should educate himself on what temps la liga players play in every august. 

Then come back and accept he's havering shite.

He won't though. He revels in his ignorance. 

• Dildo 1
Guest Grays Babylon 1875
1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

Saw that some computer genius had done a program which has predicted the entire WC.

Was half asleep when I read it but the highlights were that Argentina will win it. England will finish runners up in their section to USA and get eliminated in last 16 by the Netherlands

Surely not. 

Iran have it in the bag. 

The temperature won't be that bad there in November. Its also a dry heat rather than humid so its not as draining on the body. 

Iran have nae chance in other words.

One of my Welsh mates is staying in Muscat during the group stages and they've got shuttle flights to Qatar for each game. You can prepay for booze in the fan zones, 59 quid for 6 bottles of Peroni or something daft. 

Get it back to your bog standard Germany's, Hollands, Italy's or similar where your spread across a country that already has all the stadiums, infrastructure, bars, nightclubs, whorehouses in place to make it a worthwhile, affordable trip for fans.