Wold Cup Betting

Guest milne_afc
11 minutes ago, alscotoz said:

If he can avoid getting kicked to fuck I think this might be Messi and Argentina's world cup. Dark horse?

Yeah, they’re 2nd favs. If Duk was an Argie they’d win it easily.

7 hours ago, Quagmire said:

The temperature won't be that bad there in November. Its also a dry heat rather than humid so its not as draining on the body. 

Iran have nae chance in other words.

One of my Welsh mates is staying in Muscat during the group stages and they've got shuttle flights to Qatar for each game. You can prepay for booze in the fan zones, 59 quid for 6 bottles of Peroni or something daft. 

Get it back to your bog standard Germany's, Hollands, Italy's or similar where your spread across a country that already has all the stadiums, infrastructure, bars, nightclubs, whorehouses in place to make it a worthwhile, affordable trip for fans. 

Don't kid yourself. Dry heat can be fucking brutal. You don't realise how much fluid you're losing. Granted the temp will be around 30c but still tough going. 

Will be won by Argentina. Iran very capable of providing an upset. Especially given t's the first game the guffs play. 

• Dildo 1
1 hour ago, The Boofon said:

Don't kid yourself. Dry heat can be fucking brutal. You don't realise how much fluid you're losing. Granted the temp will be around 30c but still tough going. 

Will be won by Argentina. Iran very capable of providing an upset. Especially given t's the first game the guffs play. 

Done many a run in the desert of Oman and would rather have the dry heat than humidity. It'll be different for alot of the European countries but is it any harder than playing in the pissing rain and wind during the winter in the UK? With the it being in November, the AC'd stadiums and half the games getting played at night i doubt the conditions will have as much an effect as Moobs is expecting. 

Would be happy enough with the Argies winning and Messi lifting it. 

19 minutes ago, Quagmire said:

Done many a run in the desert of Oman and would rather have the dry heat than humidity. It'll be different for alot of the European countries but is it any harder than playing in the pissing rain and wind during the winter in the UK? With the it being in November, the AC'd stadiums and half the games getting played at night i doubt the conditions will have as much an effect as Moobs is expecting. 

Would be happy enough with the Argies winning and Messi lifting it. 

Same. Much more comfortable weather dry heat but still brutal. 

Very possible you're right with conditions. Still think Iran will be a very big banana skin for the English.

• Dildo 1
11 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Lol what a shitebag bet. Missing out the US game and giving yourself a draw.

You're backing them to win the WC and are calling me a shitebag offering you a bet that they won't get more than 1 point from 2 games? 

That doesn't make sense. 

11 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

I'd be better off backing them at the bookies, which I have done and will do.

You do that then. Could've done the bet for charity and gave money to a good cause but you can give it to the bet365 profits if you want. 

6 minutes ago, Parklife said:

You're backing them to win the WC and are calling me a shitebag offering you a bet that they won't get more than 1 point from 2 games? 

That doesn't make sense. 

You do that then. Could've done the bet for charity and gave money to a good cause but you can give it to the bet365 profits if you want. 

Passive aggressive nonsense.

You're such a fanny at times Parky.

3 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Passive aggressive nonsense.

45 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Screenshot-20221117-130557-Privacy-Wall.

Screenshot-20221117-130619-Privacy-Wall.

Two of Iran's opponents discussing the heat but yeah, it definitely won't play a part, Parky says so.

Trolling nonsense. 

3 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

You're such a fanny at times Parky.

Feel free to lie about putting me on block again then. 

Just now, Parklife said:

Trolling nonsense. 

Feel free to lie about putting me on block again then. 

I didn't lie, you were on block, I presume the migration to the new server cancelled it. Perhaps @Bebo

can confirm?

You're making a fool of yourself here. The Iran thing might blow up in my face but at least I've given a tip. Still to read yours.

• Admin
7 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

I didn't lie, you were on block, I presume the migration to the new server cancelled it. Perhaps @Bebo

can confirm?

You're making a fool of yourself here. The Iran thing might blow up in my face but at least I've given a tip. Still to read yours.

[edit] Manboobs did indeed block Parkie on the old server. Must have been added after Sept 28th which is what the new server snapshot was from.

ReYCCOX.png

1 minute ago, manboobs109 said:

can confirm?

I've backed Spain to win the WC. I have also backed Uruguay to reach the 1/4's. Also got a small bet on Nunez to be top scorer & Pedri to win the golden ball. 

Ive no issue in giving my opinion. 

What has made you look silly is your justification for backing Iran. The stadiums will be air-conditioned. The games won't be played in extreme heat. Most of the Iran squad also play and live in Europe, so I'm not quite sure they'd get much benefit of extremely hot conditions anyway. 

Iran will be a solid side. They've got a very good manager who knows how to set a side up not to lose. They might even sneak out of the group stage, although I wouldn't be betting on it. 

Guest Grays Babylon 1875
57 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Screenshot-20221117-130557-Privacy-Wall.

Screenshot-20221117-130619-Privacy-Wall.

Two of Iran's opponents discussing the heat but yeah, it definitely won't play a part, Parky says so.

I think the point is it will be the same for every bastard on the field playing.

There may be a slight advantage for the sand people but not enough that it will influence games in any significant way.  End of the day it's 11 men v 11 men, not 11 lizards, and these brothers are elite athletes.

Defo won't be enough to see Iran breeze to WC glory, though the Ingloid bet looks decent.  If that comes in you're double cheesing.

Pakistanis and Iraqis.

7 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I've backed Spain to win the WC. I have also backed Uruguay to reach the 1/4's. Also got a small bet on Nunez to be top scorer & Pedri to win the golden ball. 

Ive no issue in giving my opinion. 

What has made you look silly is your justification for backing Iran. The stadiums will be air-conditioned. The games won't be played in extreme heat. Most of the Iran squad also play and live in Europe, so I'm not quite sure they'd get much benefit of extremely hot conditions anyway. 

Iran will be a solid side. They've got a very good manager who knows how to set a side up not to lose. They might even sneak out of the group stage, although I wouldn't be betting on it. 

21 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

They are 20th ranked by Fifa, Taremi who plays up front has scored 5 in the CL this season,Azmoun from Bayer Leverkusen has a good record at international level. They've a vastly experienced manager, will have no issues with the climate, a big support with them and will be fired up to beat USA and England as they are big grudge games for them.

You might have had a point if I had only given the weather as my reason, I've quoted what I've actually said for clarity and as you can see "they'll have no issues with the climate" is a very small part of it.

1 minute ago, manboobs109 said:

You might have had a point if I had only given the weather as my reason, I've quoted what I've actually said for clarity and as you can see "they'll have no issues with the climate" is a very small part of it.

Yeah. I missed "they've got a guy at Porto and one who is a sub for Bayer Leverkusen". 

Fair play. 

5 minutes ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

I think the point is it will be the same for every bastard on the field playing.

There may be a slight advantage for the sand people but not enough that it will influence games in any significant way.  End of the day it's 11 men v 11 men, not 11 lizards, and these brothers are elite athletes.

Defo won't be enough to see Iran breeze to WC glory, though the Ingloid bet looks decent.  If that comes in you're double cheesing.

Pakistanis and Iraqis.

Climate has no influence on athletic performance? What do teams bother with acclimatisation then?

I think the weather thing has maybe become a bit too much of an issue here due to Parky steaming in after a few colourful cans and throwing the insults about.

Iran are over priced, end of story.