Darvel 1 - 0 Aberdeen

10 minutes ago, englishred said:

Would like to see a blend of first team and bench players for this one,  Lewis in goal and milne at CB maybe Harvey up top.  Should have enough in the tank for these if we turn up with a good attitude. 

What a terrible idea 😆

Come on now

26 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

No chance.

Go strong.

By the time we play them it’ll be our only chance of winning something.

Totally agree with you but i think playing your second goalkeeper in cup comps against lower opposition is a good thing as it gives them minutes that could be vital should he need to play in place of Roos.  I suppose there's also an argument that if one or two "bench" players aren't good enough to play against non-league teams then should they be at Aberdeen? again potentially they might need to start if we get injures.  I'm definitely not suggesting we make massive changes just 2-3  

2 hours ago, englishred said:

Would like to see a blend of first team and bench players for this one,  Lewis in goal and milne at CB maybe Harvey up top.  Should have enough in the tank for these if we turn up with a good attitude. 

Whilst we should win this one, underestimate them at your peril.

They’re a “new money” club like Kelty, Cove, Queen Pk. They’ll be pushing for promotion into SPFL in the not too distant future.

Certainly no worse than Annan who we took our time to get past, probably better.

Strongest XI to start.

I could probably accept giving Lewis a run out in this match. But apart from him, I'd want our best available side to start. As has been said, Darvel have big plans and will be viewing this tie as a chance to really cause us a lot of embarrassment. 

If we go 3 goals up then we can maybe start to think about giving a couple of fringe players a run out.