Darvel 1 - 0 Aberdeen

3 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I'd imagine it'll be more down to our team's ability to put the ball in the back of the Darvel net more than they put it into ours

Are we certain our defence is better than theirs? 

If Darvel have anything about them they'll press us all over the field, pressure our back line, and shoot on sight. 

Any Darvel team talk should emphasise 'get in aboot them and they'll collapse'. 

This is the type of game where Richardson could come into his own.

Unlikely that the Darvel players have faced speed of his kind - i'd start him.

I'd also drop our finesse players for brute force - Watkins in for Miovski and McCrorie in Clarkson's position.

Duncan should start as well. 

We just have to batter these cunts, not try to pass it around them with flicks and tricks. 

10 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Are we certain our defence is better than theirs? 

If Darvel have anything about them they'll press us all over the field, pressure our back line, and shoot on sight. 

Any Darvel team talk should emphasise 'get in aboot them and they'll collapse'. 

Defence is one of the easiest things to fix so I highly doubt they have a worse defence than ours. Cannot see that two managers will have made such a massive cunt of it in Scotland 

3 hours ago, Russell said:

Duk should be nowhere near this game. I know big Jim has always said he'll play his strongest team but Duk needs to be given the night off

Agree he needs it but highly doubt Goodwin will leave him out. Goodwin's feeling the pressure and Duk is his top performer.   

8 hours ago, Russell said:

Duk should be nowhere near this game. I know big Jim has always said he'll play his strongest team but Duk needs to be given the night off

4 hours ago, The Gee Man said:

If Duk wants some time off, he can bag a hat trick in the first 20 minutes and then get subbed off

Not sure where I am on this; if he gets injured our season is well and truly fucked.

Do we want some neanderthal from the junior leagues to be let loose at him?

Best way has to be to start him and Watkins then, provided we can win the first half sub Duk for Vinny or Bavidge for the second.

25 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

This tie has the aura of the Queen's Park shambles in 2006.

Surely nae though.🤔🤞

If we did manage to find a way to lose the tie it shouldn't just be a sacking offence for Goodwin, it should be a "shot at dawn by a firing squad" offence.

However if Duk isn't in the team you have to wonder where any creativity and goals are coming from. 

There's a bit of a question as to whether Stewart will be available. If it turns out he isn't, and McCrorie is in central defence (and even worse, if Richardson starts at right back)...the Darvel forwards will fancy their chances of scoring. After Wednesday night's abomination, they might fancy it anyway, no matter who's in defence

The only way the team will get any credit at all is to win by at least a 3 goal margin, preferably by conceding none in doing so. 

26 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

If we did manage to find a way to lose the tie it shouldn't just be a sacking offence for Goodwin, it should be a "shot at dawn by a firing squad" offence.

However if Duk isn't in the team you have to wonder where any creativity and goals are coming from. 

There's a bit of a question as to whether Stewart will be available. If it turns out he isn't, and McCrorie is in central defence (and even worse, if Richardson starts at right back)...the Darvel forwards will fancy their chances of scoring. After Wednesday night's abomination, they might fancy it anyway, no matter who's in defence

The only way the team will get any credit at all is to win by at least a 3 goal margin, preferably by conceding none in doing so. 

Very true loon but we even failed to beat Annan in 90 minutes. That was the game, for me, that all was not well within the club.  

I know Darvel are a level below Annan but I wouldn't be overly confident. 

4 hours ago, Dal Riata Don said:

Not sure where I am on this; if he gets injured our season is well and truly fucked.

Do we want some neanderthal from the junior leagues to be let loose at him?

Best way has to be to start him and Watkins then, provided we can win the first half sub Duk for Vinny or Bavidge for the second.

I think resting duk would be sensible. If we can't beat darvel without him there are serious issues. 

38 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Stewart should be available.

2 game ban for a straight red card 

1st game in the next game you play (Hearts), & as it was a League Cup tie, he’ll be banned for the first League Cup group game next season (you see what I did there?) 

10 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Darvel are a better team than Annan 

A pal of mine (a Fraserburgh United diehard) who follows the SJFA scene would agree with you. 

He says there isn't much difference between the top teams in the Championship and the gest junior teams.

I remember Culter backed up that theory approx. 10 years ago against Partick Thistle. 

• Dildo 2
2 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

A pal of mine (a Fraserburgh United diehard) who follows the SJFA scene would agree with you. 

He says there isn't much difference between the top teams in the Championship and the gest junior teams.

I remember Culter backed up that theory approx. 10 years ago against Partick Thistle. 

So a FUD, wouldn’t be taking advice from a fanny buddy.

• Haha 1