Darvel 1 - 0 Aberdeen

9 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

“He reaches out to gauge opinion & knowledge”.

Short chat was it? 

Not everyone has a limited football vocab that is restricted to just strikers and centre halves.

Problem with fuds like you, is you're quick to point out the problems but not willing to help find the solutions. Same applies to 99% of the keyboard warriors on Twitter/Facebook or stood in the stand booing at the first sign of things going bad.

But hey, keep having your petty little digs if you makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

1 minute ago, Tinyweelad said:

Not everyone has a limited football vocab that is restricted to just strikers and centre halves.

Problem with fuds like you, is you're quick to point out the problems but not willing to help find the solutions. Same applies to 99% of the keyboard warriors on Twitter/Facebook or stood in the stand booing at the first sign of things going bad.

But hey, keep having your petty little digs if you makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

😆

Guest findlay_1903

Was out with a weegie tonight who was brought up next to darvel, he couldn’t believe we were playing their pub team in a competitive match, he genuinely thought aberdeen had fallen that far that this fixture was the norm. 

Monday will be horrific. 

36 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

Exactly. And apart from one or two weegie's who follow the pish that is West of Scotland league, no one else probably had either. I'd heard of Auchinleck Talbot, more so as they always seem to be a shoe in for the early stages of the Scottish Cup.
Like I say, level 6 and below in the Scottish 'pyramid' should be off the radar as far as I'm concerned. Combine regions or areas and have larger clubs, and condense further (merge) League Two and even League One sides.... if Scotland is ever going to get their shit together, clubs needs to have greater revenue, more fans and better chance of developing players. The age old way we put up with 100's of essentially, Sunday league sides, is bonkers. No other sport or business would start off with the model we have. Like having a Post Office in every single shop in the UK.

Jesus wept. Absolutely mental. Hugely out of touch.

• Upvote 2

Bottom line is we should smash them regardless of our shaky defence, our gutless players, our inept manager, and our abysmal away form.

If we don't, Goodwin should be sacked right on the final whistle. 

If we struggle to beat... *checks fixture list*... Darvel, then his dismissal can wait until the following morning. 

Guest findlay_1903
6 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Bottom line is we should smash them regardless of our shaky defence, our gutless players, our inept manager, and our abysmal away form.

If we don't, Goodwin should be sacked right on the final whistle. 

If we struggle to beat... *checks fixture list*... Darvel, then his dismissal can wait until the following morning. 

Can see this being a very long night in our history. 

11 hours ago, Watson Oh The Bar! Scanlon Yes! said:

Jesus wept. Absolutely mental. Hugely out of touch.

In what sense hombre? My take on Darvel Juniors or the Scottish football infrastructure as a whole? Either way, neiher are out of touch. You have a hard on for junior or lower league football, then that's your call. But the old boys act that exists in Scottish football with hunners of clubs that are little more than social clubs, is ridiculous.
Ultimately, they exist for players who aren't good enough to make the grade at professional level (accepting there are a few that manahge to climb up the ladder, both North and South of the border). But in the vast majority of other sports in the UK, you have clubs that exist that allow players or participants to compete, largely at a local level, that allows them to carry on with the love of their sport as they get older.
None of these clubs have a say on how the elite level works though, from cricket, to golf, to tennis. It's bonkers that the SFA have an outright say in how we operate and that pishy wee social clubs like Darvel, are allowed a vote in that process.

Just now, Tinyweelad said:

In what sense hombre? My take on Darvel Juniors or the Scottish football infrastructure as a whole? Either way, neiher are out of touch. You have a hard on for junior or lower league football, then that's your call. But the old boys act that exists in Scottish football with hunners of clubs that are little more than social clubs, is ridiculous.
Ultimately, they exist for players who aren't good enough to make the grade at professional level (accepting there are a few that manahge to climb up the ladder, both North and South of the border). But in the vast majority of other sports in the UK, you have clubs that exist that allow players or participants to compete, largely at a local level, that allows them to carry on with the love of their sport as they get older.
None of these clubs have a say on how the elite level works though, from cricket, to golf, to tennis. It's bonkers that the SFA have an outright say in how we operate and that pishy wee social clubs like Darvel, are allowed a vote in that process.

You calling them Darvel Juniors is out of touch.....

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

You calling them Darvel Juniors is out of touch.....

It's Junior League level mate. Whichever way you try and slice it, it's a level lower than Lowland/Highland League. Their league is the equivalent of North and East Jnr leagues and the only way it's associated with the term 'Senior' is that they have 4 divisions. The standard of play is Junior league. Admittedly, Darvel may have some wealthy, goat shagging owner who thinks he's going turn them into the next Bournemouth or Brentford (or Grenta!!) but the standard of team in that league is Junior league level. I don't give two runny shits, if the SFA have defined them as being 'senior'. They are pish and we'll soon prove that, even with a useless manager at the helm.

39 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

It's Junior League level mate. Whichever way you try and slice it, it's a level lower than Lowland/Highland League. Their league is the equivalent of North and East Jnr leagues and the only way it's associated with the term 'Senior' is that they have 4 divisions. The standard of play is Junior league. Admittedly, Darvel may have some wealthy, goat shagging owner who thinks he's going turn them into the next Bournemouth or Brentford (or Grenta!!) but the standard of team in that league is Junior league level. I don't give two runny shits, if the SFA have defined them as being 'senior'. They are pish and we'll soon prove that, even with a useless manager at the helm.

You are going to look quite the chump if that last sentence doesn’t come to pass. 

I don’t share your confidence. 

57 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

For somebody that doesn’t give a fuck about Darvel or junior fitba am surprised 2 days is spent saying how shite it is and arguing the point vociferously. Anyway, itl be a tough game which we win after 90 mins. 

2 days or an 18 hour spread of which 9 of those I was asleep?... you'll get a job writing for the Evening Express with misinformation like that dude.

Don't deny it'll be tricky, becuase that's what happens playing on a tight pitch with opposition who are throwing themselves all over the place. In reality, it's like Man City coming to Pittodrie and even then, a few of our key players injured. They are 6 leagues lower than us, and that league 6 is across 4 different regions.

56 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

2 days or an 18 hour spread of which 9 of those I was asleep?... you'll get a job writing for the Evening Express with misinformation like that dude.

Don't deny it'll be tricky, becuase that's what happens playing on a tight pitch with opposition who are throwing themselves all over the place. In reality, it's like Man City coming to Pittodrie and even then, a few of our key players injured. They are 6 leagues lower than us, and that league 6 is across 4 different regions.

I stay 20 mins away from Darvel and have seen them last season as I work in Kilmarnock, they aren’t shite!, they will give us a battling game!, we will win but it’s not going to be as easy as you think, your Man City/Aberdeen comparison is ridiculous?, Man City  Kevin de bruyne is worth more than our entire club, not even comparable to be honest, we can’t buy a win away from home and our defence is abysmal, Darvel at there level are serial winners and are really strong at home.

secondly, it’s the cup, stenny beating Livingston right now shows what can happen, we have too much quality, so am not going to worry too much about it chief.

All we can go on is the fact that Darvel thrashed Montrose away from home, and we couldn't beat Annan over 90 minutes in the League cup. 

Are Darvel as good as, or better than Annan ? I would suggest that they're at least Annan level. 

Would we go to Montrose and beat them 5-2 in the Scottish ? Maybe, but I wouldn't bet on it. 

Now, we should win, of that there's no doubt. But Darvel aren't stupid...they know our weaknesses, and they'll damn well take every single opportunity they can to hammer the ball forward and try and win second ball against one of the weakest defences in the top leagues. 

Ultimately though, I would hope that the attacking threat we have will get us through. But I don't want us to go a goal behind at any point. 

1 hour ago, Tinyweelad said:

Do you often sleep for 9 hours? Seems like quite a long time imo.

5 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

Do you often sleep for 9 hours? Seems like quite a long time imo.

Actually - no.... I'm in my bed for 9 hours but the last time I managed to sleep all through the night, I was probably in my twenties!

45 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

I stay 20 mins away from Darvel and have seen them last season as I work in Kilmarnock, they aren’t shite!, they will give us a battling game!, we will win but it’s not going to be as easy as you think, your Man City/Aberdeen comparison is ridiculous?, Man City  Kevin de bruyne is worth more than our entire club, not even comparable to be honest, we can’t buy a win away from home and our defence is abysmal, Darvel at there level are serial winners and are really strong at home.

secondly, it’s the cup, stenny beating Livingston right now shows what can happen, we have too much quality, so am not going to worry too much about it chief.

Leave transfer fees aside. I'm talking about footballing ability. Man City players are all of a much higher calibre that we are. Bottom line. Huns and Celtic were humbled in Champions League and we are miles off both of them right now. So the comparison is sound.

20 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

All we can go on is the fact that Darvel thrashed Montrose away from home, and we couldn't beat Annan over 90 minutes in the League cup. 

Are Darvel as good as, or better than Annan ? I would suggest that they're at least Annan level. 

Would we go to Montrose and beat them 5-2 in the Scottish ? Maybe, but I wouldn't bet on it. 

Now, we should win, of that there's no doubt. But Darvel aren't stupid...they know our weaknesses, and they'll damn well take every single opportunity they can to hammer the ball forward and try and win second ball against one of the weakest defences in the top leagues. 

Ultimately though, I would hope that the attacking threat we have will get us through. But I don't want us to go a goal behind at any point. 

Everyone keeps going on about Montrose. Was anyone there? How did Montrose perform compared to how they normally do? Did they have a bad day at the office? Did Davrel have a few lucky breaks?
And as for knowing our weakness... they shouldn't be in the match if we play to anywhere close to our strengths.... our midfield and strikers are far superior are they not? I understand the apathy after Hearts, but feck me, grow a set guys. Darvel.... feckin Darvel. 99.9% of you would have struggled to find them on a map or tell me one single players in their side.

Guest findlay_1903
20 hours ago, Tinyweelad said:

Excellent post my friend. 

Guest findlay_1903
14 hours ago, Schapenneuker said:

Playing professional football. 

Kilwinning Huns captain wouldn't look out of place playing at Shedocksley on a Sunday morning. As I said, a place for those who want to keep playing into their 20's and 30's without the slightest chance of progressing past this social club level. Most of these social clubs seem to exist from the late 1800's or early 1900's. No different to Bon Accord I guess, but we matured into the club we are today.
There's no place in the national governance for these types of club. Let them go about their business as a social club/local sports club, with a bar to have goat shagging meetings every weekend. But the misty eyed notion that we should have a national competition where they get 3 rounds of 'It's a Knockout' type games before they meet actual proper football clubs, is silly and a waste of everyone's time and resources.