Thread O Woke Shite

BrianFaePerth

1 hour ago, CCB III said:

No, where did I say it was?

Him being portrayed as some British hero and figure to aspire to whilst trying to deny those people who sacrificed so much (he didn't by the way, in comparison) the creation of the NHS, is ridiculous, IMO. 

Now slow down there cowboy. In the '45 elections both Tories and Labour had the creation of the NHS in their manifestoes. Churchill had said he would do it if elected.

4 minutes ago, CCB III said:

So... Churchill wanted something more like what other Europeans have (compulsory insurance, cradle to grave cover for all, free at point of use). He wanted private suppliers to be part of the solution (as per every civilised country in the world). I think that's a reasonable, moderate position.

I get the impression you think he's a 2 dimensional villain, and you're not going to change your mind on that.

13 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

So... Churchill wanted something more like what other Europeans have (compulsory insurance, cradle to grave cover for all, free at point of use). He wanted private suppliers to be part of the solution (as per every civilised country in the world). I think that's a reasonable, moderate position.

I get the impression you think he's a 2 dimensional villain, and you're not going to change your mind on that.

Churchill wanted something that would still benefit private capital. Imagine that were it's starting point? Where would it be now? Hardly the peoples hero the establishment would have you believe. 

Private suppliers exacerbate the issues, they do not provide solution.

I don't think much of him other than his 'hero' tag is entirely subjective and highly dubious. 

Even if you take away the fact he voted down a bill to start up the NHS as a truly public entity and institution, the empire still committed many an atrocity under his leadership and often his own instruction. 

Of course he's more than 2 dimensional, I just don't think he's worthy of the esteem he's held to in British society. It would be more beneficial to Britons to have a more rounded understanding of the history of Churchill. 

Just IMO. 

• Dildo 1
Just now, CCB III said:

Churchill wanted something that would still benefit private capital. Imagine that were it's starting point? Where would it be now? Hardly the peoples hero the establishment would have you believe. 

I don't think much of him other than his 'hero' tag is entirely subjective and highly dubious. 

Even if you take away the fact he voted down a bill to start up the NHS as a truly public entity and institution, the empire still committed many an atrocity under his leadership and often his own instruction. 

Of course he's more than 2 dimensional, I just don't think he's worthy of the esteem he's held to in British society. It would be more beneficial to Britons to have a more rounded understanding of the history of Churchill. 

Just IMO. 

Ah no, I shouldn't get into this. I've not read much he wrote, he's not my hero, but I do think there's a lot of revisionist stuff about him which is inaccurate.

We've spoken about health provision before. You think that private suppliers are defacto a bad thing. That's fine, but it's an ideological position. Others (including me and big Winnie) think that private suppliers can be beneficial for national health. Again, ideological, but I think it's backed up by many examples. 

You use that as evidence that he's bad. I don't think it shows that at all.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Ramandu said:

Ah no, I shouldn't get into this. I've not read much he wrote, he's not my hero, but I do think there's a lot of revisionist stuff about him which is inaccurate.

We've spoken about health provision before. You think that private suppliers are defacto a bad thing. That's fine, but it's an ideological position. Others (including me and big Winnie) think that private suppliers can be beneficial for national health. Again, ideological, but I think it's backed up by many examples. 

You use that as evidence that he's bad. I don't think it shows that at all.

That's not even the tip of the iceberg as to why he's bad. Private suppliers can be beneficial to NH so long as you're prepared to have it swallowed up by private enterprise. It's a rot that sets in, like the pigs letting the wolves in. 

We'll see it now. It'll be presented as a "moderate" solution by the incumbent Labour government, but many of their MPs actively use private healthcare, and some, including shadow cabinet ministers, receive donations from PH. 

Anyway, like I say, I've not got a lot of time for the guy who conceived the Black and Tans 😂

Churchill was a blood thirsty tyrant who's been propagandised as something other worldly. 

Let's agree to disagree on this one 👍🏻

5 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

😘

It can be true that he was a blood thirsty tyrant and also a complex human being. 

The same you could argue for any person of a similar ilk in history. 

Hitler was more than just a genocidal maniac. He liked to paint and take amphetamines. 

We shouldn't speak the truth about his crimes against humanity because actually, he was multi dimensional. 

Have a day off 

Guest Grays Babylon 1875

Churchill was terribly shit, fat and grotesque.  And English.

He couldn't even beat depression, which is the easiest one to get over.

Nicola would have handed him his asshole. 

The fat asshole. 

Guest Grays Babylon 1875
11 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

You ever read Churchill’s daily schedule? It’s like Mobby’s. 

Unlikely.

At least Junkie Joe works out.

Churchill.  LOL. 

13 hours ago, CCB III said:

Just IMO. 

Where is it now?  It's a fucking shambles of a system 😂

17 minutes ago, NEM said:

Where is it now?  It's a fucking shambles of a system 😂

It's been intentionally made a shambles. 

It doesn't take a genius to pinpoint the moment private firms started getting their hooks in the dissatisfaction with the NHS only continued to grow. 

It does need a rework though, I agree, structurally speaking.