Thread O Woke Shite

BrianFaePerth

I've never really understood the importance that people attach to pronouns from the point of view that  when used you wouldn't expect the person to whom you are referring with a given pronoun to be present.

Face-to-face: "What do you think?" /you/ is asexual.

If there are more than two people present and you want to refer to the words or deeds of another you'd use their name.

e.g. "I didn't know where the document was so John told me." Only the personal pronouns /I/ & /me/ are used. 

You'd have to get into a pretty long narrative before you get into potentially sensitive pronoun use and for that, the person referred to would have to keep silent.

e.g. "I didn't know where it was so I asked John and he told me."

9 hours ago, Redforever86 said:

No idea, couldn't care, many marketing campaigns fail. I never said it's the right thing to do, but you can bet their ad agencies and PR folk thought it was the best idea in the world. 

Ad agencies, lol. 

Adverts are mental these days. Difficult to spot a white person despite the country being 85% white, (96% in Scotland).

It’s obviously not the right thing to do (I.e. alienating your main market) but all companies are doing it because it’s an agenda driven by Blackrock and Vanguard.

13 hours ago, tutankamun said:

Ad agencies, lol. 

Adverts are mental these days. Difficult to spot a white person despite the country being 85% white, (96% in Scotland).

It’s obviously not the right thing to do (I.e. alienating your main market) but all companies are doing it because it’s an agenda driven by Blackrock and Vanguard.

A ten minute stroll down George Street blows that stat clean out the water

• Haha 1
  • Dildo 1

I read somewhere that Britain was 4% Muslim, 3% black, 1.8% gay and 0.6% transgender (and rising cos it's fashionable), even if these numbers are a bit off then these groups are still grossly over represented in the media. Also, you hardly ever see a white, same race couple in an advert (I suspect this point has been made already), I'm not judging, just saying.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...