Summer 2023 Transfer Window - the next overhaul

15 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Which makes you think they're not in a hurry to get players in before the European games... maybe content with Conference League this season.

Ii think we are in a hurry to get them in. I don't the club want to dragging into Deadline Day where clubs could be desperate and just throwing silly money at players if there's decent interest in them. Unfortunately, players will hold out to see who else comes calling. See Idzes as an example. We aren't high enough up the foodchain. This window is a result of the previous 2 shambolic summer windows. Thankfully, I seems like we're learning due to the number of permanent signings compared to loans. 9 signings and only 2 loans. Probably will be 3 when Scales arrives. 

29 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Which makes you think they're not in a hurry to get players in before the European games... maybe content with Conference League this season.

I don’t believe that for a second they want players in as quickly as possible but they take time especially when competing with other teams. It could be that they are not putting pressure on themselves as people were foaming at the mouth last time he said 2/3 signings very soon. 1 signed and some fans were losing the plot because another didn’t quickly follow. They can’t really win in this scenario. It’s frustrating as it’s such a great opportunity against Hacken but we can’t be signing players to make up the numbers. If it takes us an extra week or 2 to get the right players in than so be it. 

20 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

The club are definitely ‘content’ with conference league this season.

That’s been the view ever since 3rd/Celtic won the cup & (let’s be honest) back then pretty much everyone felt that same way. The main issue/frustration all us ‘bed wetters’ are having is that, after getting a quite/very favourable draw in Europa play off that this view hasn’t really changed at the club hierarchy & the Europa playoff is still basically being viewed as just a bonus (pre season prep if you like) for conference groups when the favourable draw could have opened it up to be so much more but the club don’t seem to be reacting this way (urgently at least) like a lot of the support has. All this frustration is only increased by the feeling that ‘it appears at least’ also these ‘early’ domestic league games aren’t being viewed as ‘hugely important’ (long season & all that blah blah) either.

It’s not like our season starts ‘proper’ on sept 1st ffs. No, that’s just when the window closes & ‘my view at least’ is that those final 2/3 weeks ‘should’ just be used for top up/luxury ‘bonus’ signings & loans & we should have had a pretty much fully settled team/squad in for Livi & very least Celtic game especially that being first home game.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1

I think it's been said well up there. Changing the manager (quite rightly) has cost us. New folk,ideas different etc. 

Here's hoping we settle the fuck down from here on in and at least the majority of Squad on decent contracts to either consolidate or sell on eventually. The up root and start again every window just cannae work

3 minutes ago, thegodfuzzy said:

I think it's been said well up there. Changing the manager (quite rightly) has cost us. New folk,ideas different etc. 

Here's hoping we settle the fuck down from here on in and at least the majority of Squad on decent contracts to either consolidate or sell on eventually. The up root and start again every window just cannae work

Even with a settled manager and a squad on long term contracts there’s still every chance we’ll need to rebuild every summer, although hopefully never to the extent of this summer.

We’re going to be a selling club, buy low and sell high. Next summer there’s a good chance we’ll need to replace Miovski and Duk plus potentially a few others and whatever loanees we end up with.

1 minute ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Even with a settled manager and a squad on long term contracts there’s still every chance we’ll need to rebuild every summer, although hopefully never to the extent of this summer.

We’re going to be a selling club, buy low and sell high. Next summer there’s a good chance we’ll need to replace Miovski and Duk plus potentially a few others and whatever loanees we end up with.

Window still going. How many clubs are sniffing about miovski and Duk…

Just now, thegodfuzzy said:

We actually have most of the squad on decent contracts. Selling McCrorie for £2million was a bonus, and his position was covered by Devlin. 

Selling Ramadani a few days before the season started with no replacement in place was poor. Even more irritating because of the 'Polvara is like a new signing' shite coming from the club.

Next season we'll go through all of this again when Duk and Miovski are sold. 

The major problem is that the squad has been paper thin now for years, and every summer we stick a few plasters over it.

This summer is different because of European group stages, and every fucking idiot in our support (even most of the stupid cunts on here) know that we do not have a squad.....at the moment....that can compete in Europe and at the top of the league at the same time. 

Burrow's 'nine new signings' is disingenuous. Three of them were here last season, and it's yet to be established if Dadya and Sokler are 1st team quality. Williams is crocked, and Doohan is a squad filler. 

Some posters on here don't like these facts. But hey, fuck them. 

• Upvote 4
9 minutes ago, Footballs coming Rome said:

Window still going. How many clubs are sniffing about miovski and Duk…

I don’t know, you tell me… we know there was rumours over the summer regarding Duk and earlier in the year regarding Miovski. Are you saying that if they have another good season then we won’t look to sell next summer?

24 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

I don’t know, you tell me… we know there was rumours over the summer regarding Duk and earlier in the year regarding Miovski. Are you saying that if they have another good season then we won’t look to sell next summer?

Duk and Bojan have to start performing again I think before we talk about selling them. Both done very little in last 5/6 competitive games. 

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, slippers said:

Duk and Bojan have to start performing again I think before we talk about selling them. Both done very little in last 5/6 competitive games. 

I think a few things contributed to that, both played a lot of minutes, had injuries and the tactics we deploy don't get the best out of them, we've stifled them if anything.

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, minijc said:

I think a few things contributed to that, both played a lot of minutes, had injuries and the tactics we deploy don't get the best out of them, we've stifled them if anything.

Genius from Bazza. Play football like retards on a day out which means nobody will be interested in them and we keep them for another season.

Genius. Absolute genius. 

• Upvote 1
58 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Nope saying they could still leave late this summer if teams meet their release clause. Just like Ramadani. 

• Dildo 1
52 minutes ago, minijc said:

Then it doesn’t look good when all the games come at once, Europe, League Cup, Scottish cup , and the league.   They are all supposed to be professional athletes, the attitude needs to change, 90 minutes of dedication and effort.  

• Upvote 1

Didn't like the tweet from Burrows. No need for it. 

You'd be a fool to say we've kept the same quality in our XI as last season, based on the first game alone. 

It was the worst 3rd place finish of all time (maybe?) and we lost to fucking Darvel in the cup. 

I get we're going to sell assets from time to time, and RMC had been with us for 3 years, but we don't seem to have replaced with ready made first team replacements. 

It's all very well asserting we're being ambitious with our targets, but the fans won't forgive them if we stand with our cock in our hands and have a poor start to the season. 

We won't get a better opportunity to qualify for the EL. With the first game in under two weeks, what I saw at Livingston tells me we're in for a real, real test. 

Sunday will be an interesting one, to see how we set up against quality opposition. 

Fingers, toes and arms crossed. 

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, CCB III said:

You'd be a fool to say we've kept the same quality in our XI as last season, based on the first game alone. 

It was the worst 3rd place finish of all time (maybe?) and we lost to fucking Darvel in the cup. 

I get we're going to sell assets from time to time, and RMC had been with us for 3 years, but we don't seem to have replaced with ready made first team replacements. 

It's all very well asserting we're being ambitious with our targets, but the fans won't forgive them if we stand with our cock in our hands and have a poor start to the season. 

We won't get a better opportunity to qualify for the EL. With the first game in under two weeks, what I saw at Livingston tells me we're in for a real, real test. 

Sunday will be an interesting one, to see how we set up against quality opposition. 

Look at last season, the club did really well to sign the likes of Duk, Miovski and Clarkson.

However they completely undermined their own efforts by being criminally negligent on the defence.  After the window slammed shut we were left with one recognised centre back, who was some dude who had spent most of his career playing for fucking Wycombe. Duk, Miovski and Clarkson weren't able to have an impact when we were shipping 4, 5 and 6 to United, Hearts and Hibs.

This summer we appear to be trying to resolve defence, however we now appear to be neglecting midfield (resigning of Shinnie and Clarkson aside as they are retentions).

19 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Hacken will be a miles easier game than Celtic. Not even remotely close in terms of quality. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, minijc said:

Played to their strengths when we beat sevco hearts st mirren at the end of last season. 

• Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Look at last season, the club did really well to sign the likes of Duk, Miovski and Clarkson.

However they completely undermined their own efforts by being criminally negligent on the defence.  After the window slammed shut we were left with one recognised centre back, who was some dude who had spent most of his career playing for fucking Wycombe. Duk, Miovski and Clarkson weren't able to have an impact when we were shipping 4, 5 and 6 to United, Hearts and Hibs.

This summer we appear to be trying to resolve defence, however we now appear to be neglecting midfield (resigning of Shinnie and Clarkson aside as they are retentions).

Duk and Mio I'll accept. Clarkson was inconsistent as fuck until Robson came in and got him fired up. 

• Upvote 1
33 minutes ago, CCB III said:

We lost 2 centre halfs from the end of  last seasons starting 11 but we signed 2, the biggest problem is we have been unfortunate with 2 injuries and both were at centre half. 
We lost our right wing back and we signed another.
We have lost a centre midfielder and hopefully we are working on signing a better attacking midfielder. 

Apart from that the rest is the same so to say we are a lot weaker isn’t quite right 

15 minutes ago, thurso said:

Played to their strengths when we beat sevco hearts st mirren at the end of last season. 

Do you really think playing long high balls to Miovski is playing to his strengths?  We haven't been playing to his strengths, Duk was struggling towards the end of the season as well, tactics don't help either.

• Like 1